Parade and Firework schedule question....sm

susaninMS

Earning My Ears
How far in advance are the schedules for the various parades published? For example, I read about the parades at MK but they say, "If there is an evening parade, go then 'cuz it is less crowded." Is the only way to know this is to go to the park that day and look at the schedule? And also, is Illuminations at Epcot every night? And the parade at MK (forgot the name): is it only on Saturday night (read that somewhere...not quite sure where)?

We are going in early October....so they truly may not be scheduled....but maybe from the past you might know the schedule?
TIA--sorry for rambling!!

MK parade (spectromagic) is usually Friday & Saturday nights. Illuminations in Epcot is every night.

Disney post events in advance but it is only about a month and never concrete - also subject to change.

October 2002, saw Spectro on Friday and Illuminations on Sunday.

Illuminations in Epcot is every night at 9 pm.
Fantasmic at MGM Studios is also every night at the the same time the park closes that day. Closing time will be at the time it is enough dark for Fantasmic.
Fantasy in the sky at Magic Kingdom is every night. Time will change offen.
Night Parade Spectromagic is not every day.

At all times look at www.disneyworld.com for the park hours a few weeks before arriving. Also parade times etc. are posted in the park hours section.

Hope this helps.

Marcel.

As other posters stated, the Epcot and MGM events are fairly fixed. But at the Magic Kingdom it may vary wildly.

We visited WDW in 9/02 from a Sunday through Thursday, and the schedule was this:

Spectromatic parade: Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs
Fire in the Sky: none

When we returned last week (1/03), the schedule was:

Spectromagic: Tuesday
Fire in the Sky: Sun, Mon, Tues, Thurs

Looks to me like Disney tries to "mix things up" from time to time. You really can't plan too far in advance--wait for the official posting about 45-60 days before your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter