Paradise pier vs BWPPI for toddlers

BobaFettFan

Bounty Hunter Hunter
I had to move my time at the park a week up. I cancelled my reservation with Best Western and rebooking with Paradise Pier as BW had no vacancy. I called them back to confirm cancellation when they said they had a room available.

We are staying the second week of March.

I'm really torn between the two. I need your wise disboard members advice!

I hear BW is loud with thinner walls and can get crazier, but I also read Paradise Pier can be loud with workers and deliveries to DCA. I just want my son to sleep through the night.

Early morning hours everyday is great, but we were planning on taking it easy with our 2 year old and we're there for five days. So won't we get our fill of Disney staying that long? Or am I missing out on the best 5 hours of the week?

For those that have done it, how rough is the walk to Paradise Pier vs BWPPI?

Can those of you that stayed at either give your opinion?

The price difference is a factor, but not over my family enjoying this trip.

Thank you all for your time!

Have you looked at the cost of courtyard inn theme park entrance? Hojo?

I won’t stay at BWPPI with my kids. But I don’t think Paradise Pier is necessarily a good value.

BWPPPI used to be our go-to hotel before the prices went up. The noise is sometimes a problem, but just use a sound machine app and it will drown everything out!

Personally, I've never had noise problems at BWPPI and I would stay there rather than PP just because the walk is so much shorter. Not only is it great at the end of the day, it's also nice for mid-day breaks.

BWPPI is our go-to. When I had a toddler, it worked out ok (my youngest is 11 now). This last time we were there (Dec 27-31) they had some plumbing issues and the rooter guys made quite a racket, but other than that the noise was manageable. The walk can't be beat, though security at Harbor can back up quite a bit in the morning.

If you've got 5 day tix, you'll have one Magic Morning at DL anyhow. 5 days is plenty of time to take it easy and not really miss the early entry. I would love to experience staying on property someday, but I always look at the price differential and decide to spend it on food and merch.

Either way, though, have a great time!

Hello - I have only stayed at BWPPI. We did it with three kids ( 6,2 , and 9 months) and the location was so amazing for us. We loved being at the park minutes after walking out our door. It made the end of the night and nap times so much easier. And when an accident meant we needed new clothes, my husband was able to run back with one kid change and get right back to our reservation without it impacting our day. We did not notice any noise... and like I said we took a nap break each day. The room was clean. It is definitely very basic so no wow factor (I’m sure you’ve looked at pics). But our goals for the trip were clean and convenient to the parks with our little circus. So for us, the hotel met our needs perfectly. Have so much fun!!

I have stayed at both and would stay at PPH over BWPPI. The rooms at PPH are large and the pool deck is nice with a slide for kids. I enjoy the perks of staying on property and early entry every day it's offered is a bonus for me. You can get quite a lot done during that time.
The morning crowds at the Harbor security lines have been horrible and walking from the PPH to the security entrance in front of the DLH has minimal lines. Yes, it can be a walk but a quick monorail ride will cover most of it.

We had decent luck at BWPPI. When we stayed a few years ago, our room was the third floor and the furthest possible room you could get. Because of that we only had a neighbor on one side. It was pretty quiet. However, when my parents stayed there they requested a first level floor (my Dad has bad knees). Their upstairs neighbors were very loud with all their stomping. Must have been some excited kids! Anywho, if you are very concerned about noise I'd try to see if you could get a third floor room -- although that may be difficult with a stroller.

That being said, I'd probably go with PPH. I'm a sucker for staying onsite -- we LOVE EMH (especially at DCA since it's hotel guests only). The walk from PPH isn't that bad, and most of it is through DtD. You can cut through GCH on the way back.

For those concerned about the Harbor Bag Check: Since the expansion last year, the lines at the Harbor Bag Check have been significantly improved. And when the new bag check at TS is running, things are even better.

We used to stay at the PPH hotel when my kids were little. Usually, my mom joined us. So it was 3 adults and 2 kids. We LOVED it! The rooms are spacious and bright. We lucked out a couple times and got upgraded to theme park view. The kids loved it. It was really nice to have the couch that turns into a bed. Even when my youngest used the pack n play, we still had plenty of space. And we usually brought two single stroller with us too. I do not remember ever hearing any noise from neighbors and maybe the occasional loud people in the hallway. But nothing too terrible. To us, the walk is not bad at all. We are fast walkers. The only reason we do not stay there anymore is because of the price. We just cannot afford it. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter