Paramount King's Island Trip Report ~ THE PRACTICE DISNEY RUN!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We are back! After 5 flying trips to WDW, we have been considering driving the next trip! Having just returned from WDW in April, we wanted a mini inexpensive vacation this summer. So with Paramount Canada's Wondeland season's passes in hand ~ we were off the Paramount King's Island in Cincinnati, Ohio!

First off, I have to say WE HAVE CAR KIDS! I am so impressed with my dd(8) and ds(2) who were angels in the car! We bought a 13" TV/VCR combo and used it only 2 hours of the trip. I don't think needed it, I just wanted to use it!

Here is my MINI-TRIP REPORT TO OHIO!

Sunday 5:30am depart Mississauga, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio ~ actually Mason, Ohio near PKI (Paramount King's Island) at 2:10pm. We made great time. Sunday morning is a great time to drive. The border took about less than 15 minutes.

I booked a cheap but great hotel in Mason, 4 miles from PKI. I got an internet deal ~ 3 nights came to $187 USF TOTAL~with taxes!!!!!! We stayed at Baymont Inn & Suites. Indoor pool and spa with a fabulous free breakfast. I didn't expect much of a breakfast, but it was great! Four types of cereal, bagels, cream cheese, 2 types of danish, bread, raisan bread, waffles, french toast, all the fixings and more! Lots of different drinks too! The pool was like bath water! Lovely! It was built in 1998. The location was great, lots of shopping and restaurants. About 5 minutes to PKI.

Monday 9:30am we went to PKI ~ the rides are incredible! We went to the water park then to the hotel for a rest. DS slept and dd and dh swam. We had a great dinner at the Olive Garden and back to PKI until closing. Lots of pretty fire flies!

Tuesday 10am back to PKI for more rides! I recommend it! Late in the day we went to Newport on the Levee in Kentucky. WOW! That was fun! Great shops! I got lots of new toe rings, thumb rings and barefoot sandals ~ excellent for a yoga instructor! I'll try to wear them at PCW in August. Fun stuff!

We had dinner back in Ohio late. We packed and watched TV. The kids were great! DD got a new DIVA STAR DOLL ~ ok, get this, Santa Claus brought one for Xmas ~ $40! We picked a couple up at Target for $12 USF! One is a gift to dd's friend for her bday in August. DS got a new piano ~ pink ~ dh wasn't thrilled, so we'll stay it's salmon colour LOL!

It was a great trip! UNTIL! LOL..................

TODAY! Wednesday ~ remember when I was wondering which car to take? DH has the better car, but no air ~ it broke. My car is OLD but has air. Well, we went with my car. 1991 Tempo LOL! We left Cincinnati about 6:30am this morning. In Cleveland my car just died on the highway. We pulled over. DH did a couple little things, the kids played and I chanted OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MY GOD! PLEASE START THE CAR! LOL! After about 20 minutes VVVRRRROOOMMM! She started no problem. Let me back up a bit. In Kentucky, I bought Tarot Cards. Haven't picked up a deck in years. I sorta had a weird feeling about the cards ~ it doesn't really go with my faith ~ but I thought I'd get them in the name of FUN only. About 30 minutes before the car died, I did a reading and kinda saw this car trouble. Weird eh? I just got them for fun and don't place much thought into them. Little Hocus Pocus added to the trip! LOL! After the car started, ds fell asleep. 30 minutes later, the car died again. DH, DD and I were giggling so hard! DD and I had to PEE at the side of the road. It was her first time. She was so funny. She couldn't beleive I was letting her do it! Again, 20 minutes went by and the car started. We turned off the air and radio just in case. DS slept for 2 hours and woke up happy! YIPPY! I'm telling ya' the kids were great! I video taped our car trouble and we watched it when we got home! Funny stuff! We got to Fort Erie at 3:15pm. Sailed to Grimsby and the car died again. Took about 25 minutes this time to get it started. A nice OPP constable came by. We arrived home at 5:20pm. It was a hoot!

I think a WDW car trip is a DEFINATE possibility! I need a new car LOL! I want a Safari or Astro ~ maybe I should read the Tarot cards again LOL! Chat soon! S

Sounds like fun-especially the time factor-I feel much better about the time it will take us to get there. Talk soon.

Hi Sandra, welcome back! Sounds like you had a fabulous time at PKI. We stayed at a Baymont Inn just outside Boston and found it quite nice too. I laughed at your experience with the car today. I'm amazed that you were so calm! The lease on our van expired at the end of June and we are down to our two older cars. DH feels confident that we could go on a vacation with the one car, but I have fears of what happened to you, happening to us! Looking forward to hearing more and seeing pics in August.:)

Kathy, we have gone to Cincinnati a few times now and it's really not a bad drive at all! Just listen to the rush hour traffic reports if you go during the week, so that you can exit I75 at the bypass if necessary. :)

We took ALONG I75 from the library and the other book 401/I75 and they were GREAT! I remember taking these books out from the library in the past and didn't think much on them. But on the highway, having them in my lap was VERY COOL! I missed them coming home the other way, Fort Erie/Buffalo. I will buy one for the Florida trip.

THE CAR! YIKES! Gary says we should rent a car to drive to Florida. I don't see the point. We I'm going to be renting a car, I'll just fly to MCO and rent it there.

We enjoyed Cincinnati and Julie you were right about Newport of the Levee ~ VERY NICE!

Chat soon! S

Interesting "trip report" Sandra! LOL;)

It's so nice that you were able to make light of a bad situation and that's so important!:D

Sounds like you had a really nice time and I think your two kids would be great with a drive down trip to WDW!Now for the planning eh! LOL:sunny:

What happened with your car?:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter