Paramount wonderland theme park

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I think I got the name of this theme park correct. We will be staying in Toronto and Niagra Falls this August and wondered if this place was worth a visit, we have two boys aged 11 and 7 who are mad for theme parks, mostly in Orlando but we wanted to go somewhere else any help would be very much appreciated, and a belated Happy New Year from London, England.

It's very much like a 6 Flags Park in U.S., it like Busch Gardens without the animals (or the Busch). LOTS of rollercoasters, and a really great water park. It's not Disney but is definately THE best Canada has. http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/
not a great website but it might answer questions you have. I was a young teenager when it was first build and would go many times a summer. We still make it a point to try and go once a year.

Enjoy your holiday over here!

Actually, since we started going to Disney, Wonderland doesn't seem to be all that wonderful. Maybe it's because there aren't any fastpasses, and helpful signs that tell you that the line from here is 2 hours from the ride are common. Or maybe it's just that there's no real theming, no story to the rides. On the other hand, that may be the small part of me that is an adult that appreciates that more than the ride itself.

The rides themselves are good. There are lots of rollercoasters, including a stand up rollercoaster, 2 suspended car rollercoasters, and a backwards/forwards one. There are also some other thrill rides, as well as several conventional midway rides. So if they are heavily into rollercoasters, this might be a good (if a tad pricey for non-Disney) option.

Also, or perhaps as an alternative, if you're going to be in town mid-to-late August, is the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE). It has a midway, including some rollercoasters (not major permanent theme-park type, but still good), as well as other attractions, some of which are kind of Epcot-ish (international marketplace, different showcase country each year, new technology demonstrations), as well as animal shows. Includes admission to Ontario Place (notable for waterpark attractions and pedal boats, as well as an IMAX theatre).
http://www.theex.com/

And I suspect your kids will really enjoy Niagara Falls, which, in a way is one big theme park.:)

I hope you have a great time.
Ciao,
Mort.

Personally I would not recommend anyone go on the rides at the CNE, I use to work there when I was younger and use to spend some of my day watching the BIG Double Looper rollercoast sway back and forth. Just my opinion. I haven't been on rides there since. It's a great place to look around, and shop though. Wonderland on the other hand it great! Their rollercoasters are amazing, and they have some pretty intense rides. Have a great time!

I really like Paramount Canada's Wonderland (PCW)! We had season's passes last year and the year before. We went 29 times our first year (averaging 2 - 3 times per week) and over 15 times (I lost count at 15) last year. We had a DISmeet at PCW last year and a nice relaxing picnic with the great folks from these boards at PCW.

It is not as well themed as Disney, but it is well themed. There is a nice little walk around near the carrousel with the history of Paramount, lots of info about movies and a Walk of Fame sidewalk. One of the biggest attractions is TOP GUN, themed after the movie. There is a huge jet and excellent TOP GUN music at the ride. It's very exciting. There is something for everyone at PCW. If you plan to go a couple of time, consider a season's pass. They have a very good water park, one of the best I have been to. And they add to it often. This year it was awesome! You could spend one whole day at the water park. We went to the Paramount Park in Ohio (Paramount King's Island) and the water park there sucked. Season's passes are about $100 CDN per person, that's about 62 GBP per person. If you did two days on rides and one day in the water park, it's a great deal. I know a lot about PCW so you can PM or email me if you like fitness_sandra@hotmail.com .

In Niagara Falls you might consider Marineland. It has two nice shows, one dolphin and one whale show plus rides (only a few, but they are good) they have bears and deer to feed. You can go right into the deer area and touch them (yuck). Also there is a nice area called Friendship Cove where you can touch the whale. They have killer whales and Beluga whales. We go to Niagrara Falls a lot too.

The CNE is not my cup of tea. It's not safe looking. About 4 years ago, Disney had a great exhibit there, but not every year.

HAPPY TRIP PLANNING! S

Another vote for a trip to Wonderland. While it certainly isn't Disney, it is a lot of fun for people that like rides. It also has live shows which are a nice way to take a break from the rides.
If you'd like, we could try and get a bunch of us together when you're here for a DISmeet at Paramount. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have about Toronto or Niagara. We're happy to help!

Wonderland does have rides that have whispers of WDW attractions.

White Water Canyon = Kali River Rapids

Thunder Run = Space Mtn (inside, in the dark) and Big Thunder Mtn (fast train)

The Fly = Whirly thingy ride in Dinoland

3D Movies = any WDW 3D movie

Scoopy Doo Haunted Mansion = Buzz Lightyear

Carousel = Carousel

Drop Zone = Towe Of Terror

While the Wonderland rides aren't exactly like the WDW rides, they share a similar tone that I enjoy.

The entrance to Wonderland is nice ~ fountains and a large mountain! Very nice! While not Main Street USA, it does have an inviting theme.

Oh yeah! Try a funnel cake! Sandra

Casting my vote here for Paramount Canada's Wonderland, a trip to the Canadian National Exhibition if you're in Toronto in the last two weeks of August and Marineland in the Niagara Falls area as well.

You might also want to consider The Metro Toronto Zoo ... it's huge ... and possible African Lion Safari.

With all those choices, you should be able to keep the kids more than happy that they're not getting Disney! Have a great trip and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter