Parcel Delivery Service

Do you think AoA will charge for groceries? they didn't 3 years ago.....
I know this is late replying, but anything hand delivered locally like grocers is free. Mail and courier packages are charged at $5 each. This is now at all resorts. And yes it was frustrating that Amazon broke up my single order into 5 packages!! I joined a free month of US Amazon Prime in order to get the faster free shipping sndcexpected that it would all be shipped together. All I can think is maybe they hold different items at different warehouses.

4 of the packages arrived before me. I had to ask for them when I arrived. The last package arrived a couple of days in and there was a message on our room phone.

I know this is late replying, but anything hand delivered locally like grocers is free. Mail and courier packages are charged at $5 each. This is now at all resorts. And yes it was frustrating that Amazon broke up my single order into 5 packages!! I joined a free month of US Amazon Prime in order to get the faster free shipping sndcexpected that it would all be shipped together. All I can think is maybe they hold different items at different warehouses.

4 of the packages arrived before me. I had to ask for them when I arrived. The last package arrived a couple of days in and there was a message on our room phone.

yes, amazon holds things in different warehouses....it's very frustrating..
a few weeks ago, DH had to be in las vegas on business so i ordered some stuff from amazon...

i clicked the box that said try to ship together in as few shipments as possible...
and wouldn't you know it - they broke it up into 5 shipments!!
including one shipment that had only one luggage strap in it...
yup...an envelope that had just one luggage strap...
and i'd ordered two luggage straps...
one came in a shipment with other stuff..
and one came by itself...

5 shipments in all....and i didn't order all that much stuff...
it's insane that they do that!!!!!

Fairytale personal shopper can hold packages for you and will work with you for a time to deliver packages to you directly at resort to avoid $5 per package fee. Used them for my last trip great service.

Her website is fairytalepersonalshopper.com and she is on Facebook. I highly recommend her she is easy to work with and great communication we worked with her on our last holiday. She also does grocery delivery and gift baskets!

Last edited:
Her website is fairytalepersonalshopper.com and she is on Facebook. I highly recommend her she is easy to work with and great communication we worked with her on our last holiday. She also does grocery delivery and gift baskets!
Thank you. I was going to ask for a link, but our trip isn’t for another year. I’ve filed it anyway. This will be really helpful if theyre still doing it then :)

Can I just ask a really silly question. What kind of things would you ship to your resort and why? Is it to save luggage space, shopping time etc. If so, how do you get the things Home with you afterwards? I’m just intrigued :magnify: sorry if it’s rude to ask. I’ve been thinking about groceries but that’s about all. Thanks :love1:

Can I just ask a
really silly question. What kind of things would you ship to your resort and why? Is it to save luggage space, shopping time etc. If so, how do you get the things Home with you afterwards? I’m just intrigued :magnify: sorry if it’s rude to ask. I’ve been thinking about groceries but that’s about all. Thanks :love1:
For me I’m in the UK and last trip was my first ever onsite stay, and first without renting a car. So in my case I ordered a bunch of things through Amazon that either I can’t get here or are WAY cheaper there and had them shipped to the resort. It was really convenient and meant not having to waste a day shopping off site and paying a taxi etc. I think a lot of international guests do similar.

I’ve also read of US guests who fly but will mail a package of things they need down to save luggage space as it’s cheaper than extra baggage fees.

In the past when I’ve stayed off site in a house I’ve had online purchases ordered ahead of time and had them mailed to relatively local friends where I can pick them up after I’m there.

For me I’m in the UK and last trip was my first ever onsite stay, and first without renting a car. So in my case I ordered a bunch of things through Amazon that either I can’t get here or are WAY cheaper there and had them shipped to the resort. It was really convenient and meant not having to waste a day shopping off site and paying a taxi etc. I think a lot of international guests do similar.

I’ve also read of US guests who fly but will mail a package of things they need down to save luggage space as it’s cheaper than extra baggage fees.

In the past when I’ve stayed off site in a house I’ve had online purchases ordered ahead of time and had them mailed to relatively local friends where I can pick them up after I’m there.
Thank you for your reply. I’ve never looked into doing this. Can you just order from Amazon.U.K. and get it sent to an alternative address (your resort hotel) or do you use the US Amazon site?

Thank you for your reply. I’ve never looked into doing this. Can you just order from Amazon.U.K. and get it sent to an alternative address (your resort hotel) or do you use the US Amazon site?
You have to use the US site. If you have Prime in the UK you still have to pay shipping

As said above you have to use the US site. I joined US prime for the free month for the free shipping and then cancelled. I think you can only do this once. You can also get the free super saver delivery which takes longer. I ordered and tried to time it so they would get there a day or two before we did. There’s a whole thread on how to address your package to the resort.

Also you don’t need to make a new account on the US site. Your UK credentials work on all sites worldwide, you just have to change your address, and when looking at shipping costs etc, choose the US hotel one (put it in first before you look at ordering) from the drop down menu under the add to basket link on the right so it shows correctly.

You may also be asked to re-enter your CC details as fraud prevention. Whenever you add and ship to a new address they check to make sure someone hasn’t hacked your account.

We had a lot of packages delivered to the resort if was Polynesian and POL and the packages would be waiting for us. We were never charged a fee x

We had a lot of packages delivered to the resort if was Polynesian and POL and the packages would be waiting for us. We were never charged a fee x
The package charge was implemented about a year ago. It trialled at the values then was taken up at all resorts

we never were before either, but this past summer we paid a bundle in charges at the resort (because our purchases from amazon were broken into so many separate shipments)..
i think we paid over $150 in package fees to the resort....but i did order a ton of stuff....

Can I just ask a really silly question. What kind of things would you ship to your resort and why? Is it to save luggage space, shopping time etc. If so, how do you get the things Home with you afterwards? I’m just intrigued :magnify: sorry if it’s rude to ask. I’ve been thinking about groceries but that’s about all. Thanks :love1:

i buy all my husband's clothes online from american online stores (he's 6' 7 " tall with extremely large feet and very very tall sizes)...
before every trip to the states, i order him a ton of stuff and i bring an empty duffel bag inside our suitcase to be filled with all the purchases...

sometimes i bring two empty duffels....if i order him shoes, that will take up a suitcase all by itself....(he wears size 49 shoe in european sizes)...

i buy all my husband's clothes online from american online stores (he's 6' 7 " tall with extremely large feet and very very tall sizes)...
before every trip to the states, i order him a ton of stuff and i bring an empty duffel bag inside our suitcase to be filled with all the purchases...

sometimes i bring two empty duffels....if i order him shoes, that will take up a suitcase all by itself....(he wears size 49 shoe in european sizes)...
Aaahhh now it’s starting to make sense. Thank you. So, clothes and things that are cheap per to buy over there and you only need to pay the extra baggage coming back. :thanks:

Aaahhh now it’s starting to make sense. Thank you. So, clothes and things that are cheap per to buy over there and you only need to pay the extra baggage coming back. :thanks:

not just cheaper....there are things that i can get for him only in the USA....they're just not made anywhere else...
and stuff for tall people isn't exported that often...

you can find stuff for tall fat people, but not tall skinny people....and shoes...forget it...

very few companies make shoes big enough ....and the price and quality are usually terrible..

not just cheaper....there are things that i can get for him only in the USA....they're just not made anywhere else...
and stuff for tall people isn't exported that often...

you can find stuff for tall fat people, but not tall skinny people....and shoes...forget it...

very few companies make shoes big enough ....and the price and quality are usually terrible..

Of course, that makes sense. Thank you for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter