*parental question - your opinion please*

Just back from VA - THANK GOODNESS, BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY- I want to say how very much I've emjoyed the conversation that has grown up around this thread.

As a result, let me add a couple of additional thoughts that occur to me.

One, I have absolutely nothing against sex. Yeah, sex!!!!

On the same point, in VA we had an intergenerational conversation (three generations represented, unfortunately the fourth generation just passed away and the funeral is tomorrow) in which I was heard to say, once again, that children (without benefit of marriage) are hardly the worst thing in the world. In other words, what I have consistently communicated to my kids (now teens) is that sexual intimacy IDEALLY happens between two folk who are committed to the relationship. BUT, we say, sex short of that is not the worse thing in the world and neither are the children who might result.

Which leads me to restate my original point, which is that from this pastor's point of view, human life is not easily compartmentalized. We human beings are very messy creatures who usuallly transcend our impulse to categorize any and all human qualities - including, and probably most especially, sexuality.

Sigh, :), all of which very much goes beyond the question of the liberty we, as parents, choose to afford our on-the-brink-of adulthood-teens.

For the record, on that topic, we afford our two teens a lot of freedom - but never without LOTS of conversation - which now probably comes as no surprise!!!!

I really don't have an answer for the OP, I can lists pros and cons for both arguments.
However, for those of you who think your teens are abstaining or will abstain because they are sleeping in seperate rooms or because you (parents) are in the house...you are just so WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
I can tell you this from experience, and I am way past my teen years! :rotfl2:

I think my teen years - and well into my 20s - were just too colorful!!!!!! :bitelip: :bitelip: :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter