Parenting is hard..

Yikes! That sounds miserable! I hope you have AC!

I have a window a/c in my room and that’s where I spend most of my time. I’m not kidding when I say I hate summer. It does a number on me every year.

August is hot too, but it cools off at night.

I held my own kid 100% responsible for his own [B said:
jack[/B] assery when he had somebody do the exact same thing to him.

Love this word. I use it frequently when talking to my teenagers. I also like jack assedness.

OP, parenting is hard. My oldest recently turned 18. She wants a tattoo and it seems almost a rite of passage around here. Both of her friends on our street got them soon after they turned 18. They now each have many and one of the girls has multiple piercings as well. One of the girls has turned 19 and the other is still 18. I had never heard of doing it yourself so this gives me something to discuss. I am hoping she knows to go to a professional, but definitely worth a conversation.

Love this word. I use it frequently when talking to my teenagers. I also like jack assedness.

OP, parenting is hard. My oldest recently turned 18. She wants a tattoo and it seems almost a rite of passage around here. Both of her friends on our street got them soon after they turned 18. They now each have many and one of the girls has multiple piercings as well. One of the girls has turned 19 and the other is still 18. I had never heard of doing it yourself so this gives me something to discuss. I am hoping she knows to go to a professional, but definitely worth a conversation.
::yes:: Definitely. This stick-and-poke business is apparently quite well known amongst kids today but I don't think any of us on this thread had a clue until after they'd already done it.

::yes:: Definitely. This stick-and-poke business is apparently quite well known amongst kids today but I don't think any of us on this thread had a clue until after they'd already done it.

I had no idea. In my mother’s day, they used to pierce each other’s ears. No one I knew did that—you went to the mall. I would never have imagined kids were now tattooing each other.

I had no idea. In my mother’s day, they used to pierce each other’s ears. No one I knew did that—you went to the mall. I would never have imagined kids were now tattooing each other.
Me either. Heck, my ears were pierce at the doctor's office. The first time.

My second holes were at the mall.

I have a friend that has a newish tattoo all the way down her arm. She is 21, but I had thought that she went to a parlor. There is no color, other than black. And, honestly, I thought it looked like a beginner did it. Maybe it is one of these whatever you call them.

Thankfully my son isn't interested in doing anything like this.

::yes:: Definitely. This stick-and-poke business is apparently quite well known amongst kids today but I don't think any of us on this thread had a clue until after they'd already do

I have a friend that has a newish tattoo all the way down her arm. She is 21, but I had thought that she went to a parlor. There is no color, other than black. And, honestly, I thought it looked like a beginner did it. Maybe it is one of these whatever you call them.

Stick and pokes are relatively small. It sounds like your friend didn’t do her research and went to a crappy artist.

I didn’t think my daughter was interested in doing them either..just saying.

I would bet money it is. They're apparently called stick-and-pokes but the disgruntled Moms among us refer to them with horror as "prison tats". :sad2:

If it’s all the way down her arm it could be the start of a sleeve. They’re usually done in stages and can take weeks or months to complete.

I muddied the water by calling them prison tattoos. This isn’t my daughters but this is what hers looks like. If I would have seen hers in the wild, I would have thought it was done by a pro..

2D1484BE-73C0-46FF-810A-145D93A81B05.jpeg

I would bet money it is. They're apparently called stick-and-pokes but the disgruntled Moms among us refer to them with horror as "prison tats". :sad2:
It looks very similar, in type, of what Kim posted.

I would be very surprised if it was the beginning of a sleeve. She doesn't have a lot of disposable income, and I imagine that sleeves would be very expensive.

It looks very similar, in type, of what Kim posted.

I would be very surprised if it was the beginning of a sleeve. She doesn't have a lot of disposable income, and I imagine that sleeves would be very expensive.
Sorry - I didn't word that right. I didn't mean it was the start of a sleeve, only that it was a stick-and-poke. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter