Parents of the Class of 2019

My son is home! I drove and picked him up last night. He has mostly been in his room today listening to the record albums that he got for his birthday (he hasn't played them yet because he did not take his record player to school.) He also has some studying to do. But he did go get a haircut, and had lunch with me.

Tomorrow, he's meeting some friends who are also home on break and they're planning to go support the high school team at their cross-country meet. And tomorrow night the family is going to get together at our house for pizza.

We'll have to leave mid-day Sunday to go back because he's scheduled a meeting for a group project on Sunday evening... but I'm glad to have him for the time that I have!

For everyone else whose kids are home this weekend, enjoy having them!

My son is home! I drove and picked him up last night. He has mostly been in his room today listening to the record albums that he got for his birthday (he hasn't played them yet because he did not take his record player to school.) He also has some studying to do. But he did go get a haircut, and had lunch with me.

Tomorrow, he's meeting some friends who are also home on break and they're planning to go support the high school team at their cross-country meet. And tomorrow night the family is going to get together at our house for pizza.

We'll have to leave mid-day Sunday to go back because he's scheduled a meeting for a group project on Sunday evening... but I'm glad to have him for the time that I have!

For everyone else whose kids are home this weekend, enjoy having them!
Lol Dd is going to a xc meet tomorrow too! Got home last night, rode with her new gay guy friend (who is in a group chat with her and her HS gay guy friend, fighting over her) and her new boyfriend (that was fast). Doing homework now, getting together with HS friends tonight (a bunch came home for a weekend concert thing), and is going to her sister’s soccer game with friends this afternoon.

He keeps saying he can't wait to see...the dog!

I think DS misses his cat the most as well. Us...he still talks (or at least texts) with, but it's not the same as having her cuddle and purr at him.

They had off class today instead of Monday, but since we were just up for parents' weekend, he didn't come home. They have some organized activities going on, and today he's on a bus trip to Salem. 🎃🧙‍♀️🌜

I think DS misses his cat the most as well. Us...he still talks (or at least texts) with, but it's not the same as having her cuddle and purr at him.

They had off class today instead of Monday, but since we were just up for parents' weekend, he didn't come home. They have some organized activities going on, and today he's on a bus trip to Salem. 🎃🧙‍♀️🌜

Salem is fun, especially around Halloween.

Wonder why mjackmom’s pumpkin was returned

DH drove the 2-1/2 hours to get our daughter Thursday night. I was surprised she stayed home that night instead of seeing her boyfriend but she went out with
Last night to a movie then bonfire at his house. She wound up texting that she and his other friends were sleeping over.
Then today they are going out to dinner for their one year anniversary. Pumpkin picking on Sunday with him too. We won’t see much of her sigh.

I've got a small package in the mail today- gloves and cocoa mix! She did grab her winter coat last weekend and a hat but not gloves.

She has her classes picked out for next semester, ready to register when her time comes and her advisor thinks she won't have a problem getting into them. Three more theatre classes, including Scenery- so she'll get more experience with tools. She had to call yesterday to tell DH she used a drill in theatre shop because that's the kind of thing that impresses Mr. Handyman ;)

She might not come home for 5 weeks or so which will be different, but there are things going on down there she wants to stay for.

Just got gushy texts from my nieces, so I know all three pumpkins made it!

Girls are so much "bubblier" about stuff like this, aren't they? (DS did say thank you, of course - but they said what they loved in it, what their friends said about it...) It was nice to hear the feedback. 🎃 :goodvibes

Last edited:
Kid is heading back to school this afternoon. Classes start up tomorrow and he has some computer science project to finish when he gets back. He stopped by his old high school yesterday (picking up his brother) and spent some time talking to his favorite teachers there. He had a nice day out on Saturday with a group of his HS friends - they went rock climbing and hung out the rest of the night. Otherwise, it was a relaxing few days off at home - even had some quality time with his little brother. The two of them got along a lot better than before he left for school. I think the two of them almost miss each other.

We'll end up seeing him again on Friday - or, at least one of us will. If our younger son's soccer team wins their first round playoff game, I'll probably be staying behind for that and my sister might be going with my wife up for parents weekend.

My son is adjusting well at school. Very busy with marching band so hasn’t made it home. Have seen him a few times marching. This past weekend I got a glimpse of him on the tv while watching the game. Going there this Saturday to the game and take him out to dinner. Here is a great pic I found of him on the school Facebook page. 8EF85445-B6BA-4C72-82E3-58E8BA16B32B.jpeg

DS is sick. :(

It seems to be just a bad cold going around, but it's hard to be on the other end of the phone, and not able to do anything for him.

DD has the crud too. I talked to her Sunday and she was a little nasally and coughing. I told her to take some ColdEez and Nyquil to sleep and that would make her feel a lot better. Makes me very glad that we stocked her first aid kit.

This week DD auditioned for a children's show that tours elementary schools the week after finals in December. She loves performing for kids and travelling so she was pretty excited. Yesterday she called and said she got the lead. She actually didn't want that as much as another role because the lead is "the sweetheart" type and that's what she always gets. She wanted a comedic role for once but maybe next time LOL! It's pretty cool the things she's getting to do though!

She's got a tentative plan for housing next year with 3 other girls and it's not what I had in mind (i.e. not the cheapest option). But I've done more checking and it turns out it's only $1000/year more than what I was looking at and would be easier (on-campus vs. off-campus). So I'll probably let her. Still saves almost $3000 over this year's dorm.

I’m a little nervous about this weekend, now dd16 and her bff are heading down to visit for family weekend. I told Dd18 to keep a watch on them at parties, and watch the drinking. I’ve know the bff for 10 years (we are tight with her parents), and she can be quite social.

I was just checking the university Facebook parent page, some were asking about midterm grades, one mom wanted to know if she could access test/quiz grades. I’ve never even had access to check up on my college students, never even asked them.

DD has the crud too. I talked to her Sunday and she was a little nasally and coughing. I told her to take some ColdEez and Nyquil to sleep and that would make her feel a lot better. Makes me very glad that we stocked her first aid kit.

Yeah, me too! He said today's he's feeling somewhat better - not 100%, but did sound "improved" on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter