Parents of the High School Class of 2017/College 2021

I'm so mad at myself and sad. (I know in the big scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal, but still...)

Tomorrow is my son's 19th birthday. It's his first birthday away from home, and he's in the middle of stressful finals. So, I baked a cake and put together a little birthday package for him. I got it to the post office yesterday morning before work, so that it would be there for his birthday. I tracked it today. It's currently out for delivery in Rochester (14621). It's supposed to be going to 14261. I can't believe that I transposed two numbers in the zip code. I have no idea where it's being delivered today, but there is no way it's going to be where it needs to be tomorrow. Since he's leaving school on Friday, who knows if we'll ever see it again. :((

All that work and $10 in postage for naught, and no package from mom for the birthday.
I'm soooooo sorry, maybe just maybe the post office will sort out the zip code and get it to him by Friday - Truly one of those "Its the thought that counts" moments in life. We've all done something similar and I know how much him getting that cake meant to you - I agree with Poohforyou - Perhaps Uber Eats or Grub Hub him a cupcake!

I'm so mad at myself and sad. (I know in the big scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal, but still...)

Tomorrow is my son's 19th birthday. It's his first birthday away from home, and he's in the middle of stressful finals. So, I baked a cake and put together a little birthday package for him. I got it to the post office yesterday morning before work, so that it would be there for his birthday. I tracked it today. It's currently out for delivery in Rochester (14621). It's supposed to be going to 14261. I can't believe that I transposed two numbers in the zip code. I have no idea where it's being delivered today, but there is no way it's going to be where it needs to be tomorrow. Since he's leaving school on Friday, who knows if we'll ever see it again. :((

All that work and $10 in postage for naught, and no package from mom for the birthday.
That would annoy me, too. There is a bakery near DSs college that delivers cookies to campus. Maybe there is something like that nearby.

Awe, I'm sorry. That stinks. I bet the story will make your son laugh.

If there's grub hub near his school maybe you can order dinner to be delivered and include a piece of cake.

I'm soooooo sorry, maybe just maybe the post office will sort out the zip code and get it to him by Friday - Truly one of those "Its the thought that counts" moments in life. We've all done something similar and I know how much him getting that cake meant to you - I agree with Poohforyou - Perhaps Uber Eats or Grub Hub him a cupcake!

That would annoy me, too. There is a bakery near DSs college that delivers cookies to campus. Maybe there is something like that nearby.

Thanks! I will look into that. :)

We got DD late Wednesday, it took one full truck load to bring her home.

She will take a physics class and a calc class this summer. She will not work other then mowing and babysitting. Her grades have not been posted yet.

We offered an apt next year, but she wants to remain in the dorm and she is going to room with one of her roommates from this year.

Her BF joins the navy in June, it will be emotional. I actually think this next year she will be a mess ~ due to missing him.

We got DD late Wednesday, it took one full truck load to bring her home.

She will take a physics class and a calc class this summer. She will not work other then mowing and babysitting. Her grades have not been posted yet.

We offered an apt next year, but she wants to remain in the dorm and she is going to room with one of her roommates from this year.

Her BF joins the navy in June, it will be emotional. I actually think this next year she will be a mess ~ due to missing him.
Wow! That’s a heavy load for the summer. Both classes are super hard. At least it looks like she has plenty of time to do her schoolwork.

The dorms are really easy so I don’t blame her for making that choice.

Ugh on the boyfriend. He will change so quickly in the military and will be moved at the government’s whim. The uncertainty would be the worst for me. {{hugs}} to her.

oh that's sucks! Sending positive ((vibes)) that it gets there. How about ordering dominos or pizza delivery.

Beth-hope the cake finds it way to DS today! I'm sure he'll understand. Lizzy's bday is next Tuesday. Feels like just yesterday you designed her 7th bday tshirt!pooh:

I flew home from Disney last Wednesday night-flight was delayed due to ground fog at home. Got to bed after midnight. On the rode at 6:15am Thursday to get DD from college. Ride was easiest of any there-hit very little traffic. Got to school in time to take her out to lunch then back to dorm to finish packing and complete 2 papers. Took her and 2 friends out to dinner and to watch last sunset of freshman year over Lake Ontario. She said to pick her up Friday at 9:30am. She still hadn't finished her last paper.:mad: We didn't leave until around 1pm-hits lots of traffic all the way home....Now at home she's trying to reestablish her leadership as oldest child but not going over very well with her 2 siblings. She starts Calc 2 after Memorial Day so she will move in with in my SIL to be closer to that school since its an 8am class 4 days a week.

Happy to report that my son got his grades and he made the Dean’s list. I am so proud of him! This also brought his overall gpa up high enough that he will not be placed on probation in the Honors College. (The C+ in Calc 2 first semester brought the gpa down.)

Good job!

DD sent me an email this morning- she got into the Honors Program. However, she is supposed to take Honors 100 and neither of the two times offered will work. I don't know what they'll do about that. She's supposed to make an appointment with an advisor so we'll see what they say. Her fall schedule is pretty crummy with a bunch of late afternoon and evening classes. There's no flexibility in her other classes to move anything around.

Good job!

DD sent me an email this morning- she got into the Honors Program. However, she is supposed to take Honors 100 and neither of the two times offered will work. I don't know what they'll do about that. She's supposed to make an appointment with an advisor so we'll see what they say. Her fall schedule is pretty crummy with a bunch of late afternoon and evening classes. There's no flexibility in her other classes to move anything around.
Scheduling can be such a pain! I hope it all works out.

Seems like my DD is one of the last ones to come home. Got home around 11pm last night. It seems whatever she brought to school multiplied while it was there. My basement is going to be packed. My son will also be going away to school next semester so I am going to have two huge piles in my basement. Glad they are home though for the summer.

Brought my daughter to the airport on Sunday- she headed out to Paris. They have classes 9-5 Monday-Saturday and have Sundays free. She says so far she is loving it there- only issue is food LOL, she is very picky and last night she had a Dominos Pizza delivered!

Brought my daughter to the airport on Sunday- she headed out to Paris. They have classes 9-5 Monday-Saturday and have Sundays free. She says so far she is loving it there- only issue is food LOL, she is very picky and last night she had a Dominos Pizza delivered!
All those wonderful options and she gets Domino's - :rotfl: kids..............

Is she attending a school there, or is it a study abroad program run by her home university?

My DS is in Paris right now too! Most of his program was in Italy, he's in France now, and he's headed to Holland before coming home at the end of the month. Then I get a few weeks with him before he heads off to South America to lead a couple of youth groups on humanitarian missions. I would love to spend my summer doing all the traveling he's going to be doing this year, darn adulting!

So funny that your DD is in Paris and she went for Dominos.

She's not alone though. My older DD and her husband just got back from Thailand, Cambodia, and China and admitted they opted for McDonalds several times on their trip. I guess there are times you just want something familiar. LOL

Is she attending a school there, or is it a study abroad program run by her home university?

My DS is in Paris right now too! Most of his program was in Italy, he's in France now, and he's headed to Holland before coming home at the end of the month. Then I get a few weeks with him before he heads off to South America to lead a couple of youth groups on humanitarian missions. I would love to spend my summer doing all the traveling he's going to be doing this year, darn adulting!

So funny that your DD is in Paris and she went for Dominos.

She's not alone though. My older DD and her husband just got back from Thailand, Cambodia, and China and admitted they opted for McDonalds several times on their trip. I guess there are times you just want something familiar. LOL

Its a summer program run by her school- 2 professors and 18 kids. Its an 8 credit program.

I hand wrote a letter to the president of the college- mailed it on Tuesday. It was just a letter thanking him for all the aid they gave us making it possible for her to attend there and the opportunities it opened up for her- I didn't include my email address but tonight I open up my email and I have a email from him LOL- he must have looked it up on her college records!

I bet he gets more complaint letters than thank you letters, so it was probably very much appreciated.

These school study abroad programs provide such an amazing opportunity, and often at a price you just can't get any other way. My DS got some pretty solid scholarship money to put toward his too.

I did a study abroad program back in my day and I have such great memories. It was fun looking at DS's schedule and realizing I've been to almost every place on his itinerary.

DD says her physic class is going well. The calc math class starts right after this one finishes this month.
Today I checked if she had any bills for school, they ask you to check monthly. And today the award and tuition statement were available to view. DD got two awards for next year ~ one was for $36.50, the other was for a couple thousand off each semester. Nice cause she had none that were for four years.

DD is spending her summer doing lots of school work- her hardest semester yet- and working all weekend, every weekend. She's feeling a bit ripped off on what is possibly her last "kid summer". Next May she'll have her AAS and could be starting her grown-up job. I told her maybe it would work that she takes a month off between school and new job, that is if she's fortunate enough to have a new job. Or maybe go work with her sister and cousins at church camp for the summer before job hunting.

DD got an A- on her first Calc 2 test at UMASS Boston. Much better than the 28 she got at her school in the spring. Her boyfriend is retaking Calc 2 closer to her school and he said of the 8 kids in the class 7 are from their college. DD was ready to switch majors due to the lousy teacher she got last spring. I'm so happy she's doing well this summer as I can see it is already restoring her confidence. Hopefully she learned that she needs to get help immediately if she has trouble in the future with a class (though not sure it would have done much good with her old professor-she said she learned the most last semester when a "substitute" who was interviewing for a job taught the class-her professor retired after her class). She has Calc 3 in the fall but that teacher gets much better reviews so hopefully she'll do OK. Plus she has one more calc class after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter