Paris Hyperspace Mountain?

spawnofmalcontent

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm planning to spend a day in Disney Paris this summer and upon looking at the attractions, I see that they have a Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain. I was at DLP about 5 or 6 years ago when the ride was just Space Mountain 2 (or something like that), and was a lot more extreme than the Space Mountains in the American Disney parks (I think it went upside down). Does anyone know if the DLP version of Hyperspace Mountain is just a Star Wars-ified version of the extreme Space Mountain 2, or did they change the track to make it more like its American counterparts?

Thank you!!

It was a great update to the cars. It's much more comfortable now. I used to dislike the ride due to the headaches it gave me. Now it's a smooth ride :)

I don’t know what it was like before, but the ride vehicle theming is much more impressive than those at DL and WDW. The ride still goes inside down, which is very different from the DL and WDW versions. The Star Wars overlay was a neat addition.

I'd say it's fairly similar to Rock N Roller Coaster in Florida. The launch isn't quite as intense, but I felt it was pretty similar. I also felt that it gave me a bit of a headache, and my son got bruised on his back and elbow so he only rode twice. I would have liked to have been done after twice, but my daughter decided it was her new favorite so I had to accompany her multiple more times.

This is a makeover to Space Mountain Mission 2. The track didn't change, but thankfully, the cars were changed so that instead of hard shoulder bars to restrain you, you are held in by an overhead lap bar and shoulder straps. Another side effect is that the height restriction was lowered from 52 inches (1m32) to 47 inches (1m20).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter