Paris Visite or Not

dannyrose

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys

Been a long time since I have visited the site, and what do you know there's now a Paris section..wooohoooo .

We are off to Paris tomorrow (staying central paris) but I daresay we may manage a trip to DLP whilst we are there..:p

What I cant decide is how we should get around whilst we are there. Paris Visite tickets seam a good idea but Im not sure we will get full value from them. We need to get from CDG into Paris and out to DLP at least once, but other than that we plan to walk Paris for much of the time (5 days that is).

Anyone have experience of the same, I would really appreciate your comments cos Im just sooooo confused.

Thanks

Mark

I looked into this for my last visit and wound up just buying a carnet of tickets for the Metro and paying for the train too and from the airport. I wound up spending less on transport.

Thanks for the reply carol. I had heard about the carnet of tickets, but having never used Paris public transport I just wondered how easy it was to buy/use individual tickets.

Thanks again

Mark

A carnet is 10 individual tickets, which you use for one journey.
If you're there for 5 days I'd buy at least 2 carnets.

The metro is very easy to use , just bewre pick-pockets!!!!!!

Have a great holiday Paris is a wonderful city.

Sue

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi,

The Paris Visite Pass is way to expensive.
If you buy normal one day passes, not Paris Visite it will be cheaper. If you are staying long enough your best bet is a week ticket called Carte Orange, but the fact is that these tickets start on mondays and ends on sundays.
If you are planning just one day to DLP, your best bet is a 1 day pass for zones 1 to 5. Its around 11 euro's and you have unlimitted travel during that day.
Within Paris, you can best buy a 10 metro tickets carnet.

Marcel.

...for your replies guys. It was all over far too soon but we had a great time. In the end we went with the carnet for getting arround Paris and paid for the journey to and from CDG and Disney seperately. In the end we spent much less than we would if we had gone for the Paris Visite so many thanks for the advice.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!