Park Capacity and Staying at Hard Rock

Although I wish it was accurate, the language on Undercover Tourist is from Universal's FAQs prior to the reopening in June and hasn't appeared on Universal's website since then. The current Universal FAQs state the following:

Will hotel guests be turned away if the theme parks reach capacity?
Hotel guests will be given priority entrance to theme parks during our phased reopening. We encourage our hotel guests to take advantage of their Early Park Admission benefit to access the parks prior to our daily opening to the general public, and we will accommodate hotel guests on a priority basis in the parks throughout the day.

Interesting...I just called Hard Rock this morning to see what I could find out for our upcoming reservation. I was told that, as hotel guests, we would be able to get in even if the parks were at capacity. Not sure if that is accurate...

What happens if a park reaches capacity?

If a park reaches capacity, arriving guests will not be able to enter until the capacity is lowered. There is no guarantee, but the park can reopen after it has reached capacity due to guests leaving. If you are a guest at a Universal Resort hotel or have purchased a date-specific ticket, you have been accounted for and will be allowed in, even if the park has reached capacity. Park hopping may not be available if either park reaches capacity.

I just read this on undercover tourist.
Yes this is what I was talking about earlier. Undercover Tourist is usually such a good source of info. but if employees are saying something different....Universal is recommending folks saying on site go back to their hotel for a bit in the afternoon when it gets really busy--but I don't know if I dare leave if I can't get back in later! I wonder is what Undercover Tourist posted is from somewhere official.

Yes this is what I was talking about earlier. Undercover Tourist is usually such a good source of info. but if employees are saying something different....Universal is recommending folks saying on site go back to their hotel for a bit in the afternoon when it gets really busy--but I don't know if I dare leave if I can't get back in later! I wonder is what Undercover Tourist posted is from somewhere official.

Undercover's wording was copied from Universal's official wording when they reopened. Shortly after reopening, though, Universal changed that wording on their website to the current 'priority entry' policy. Looks like Undercover never updated their site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter