Park Crowds today [4/15/19] like turning on a faucet

Screen%20Shot%202019-04-16%20at%204.23.03%20PM.png

WOW!!! And no thank you. 4-14 via @easywdw

Uh.....someone help me understand!!! Is that the line to FoP??!! :eek: :faint:

Whoa!! That's crazy. The app currently has BTM at 120 minutes, so I would believe that's the line.

We did AK today and a good plan made all the difference. Avoided the RD madness, but got in just behind it. Walked onto Navi, did Dino land before it got crowded maybe 5-10 min waits. Had FP for FoP, Safari, and EE. Even managed to pick up another FoP for tonight! Only issue was we picked up a FP for Kali but even with FP it was about a 30 min wait.

Wait!!! Hold the phone!!! The FP line???? What....happened?????

Just looked and Josh has another photo from a bit later where the Big Thunder FP return line is all the way past the rafts for Tom Sawyer and around the corner in front of Pecos Bill's, nearing the Country Bears.

Wait times at MK today were half of what they were yesterday according to the app. I imagine Friday-Monday will be crazy.

I thought it was vice versa....FP lines slow down Stand-by lines?
Well, I think they have a ratio of standby/fastpass people they have to let in, but it differs by crowd level. The more people they have to fit in from the standby queue, the slower the fastpass line. I know I've waited about 20 minutes in a FP line before because of this.

Last edited:
He cracks me up, I love it! But yes no thank you, I have the option of going next year this week.... I’m leaning towards no

Easter isn’t the same date next year. That’s what’s making crowds so bad, I guess a lot of places move their spring break to coincide with Easter.

I thought it was vice versa....FP lines slow down Stand-by lines?

Well yeah, FP lines slow down the stand-by lines every day, and by design.

But what you see when the crowds get really massive is just that everything gets slower. Huge crowds mean the CMs have to let more people through from stand by, huge crowds mean more people who might move slowly and bog down the line, huge crowds mean more people confused about where to go, blocking others from getting where they need to go, huge crowds mean a better chance of rides going down, which means more pressure on other rides (and more anytime FP getting dispersed).

You're going to wait a longer time for buses, for the bathroom, for ice cream, and to get through the FP line.

Easter isn’t the same date next year. That’s what’s making crowds so bad, I guess a lot of places move their spring break to coincide with Easter.

Sorry when I said same week, I meant week before Easter, not as in this week date wise.

I don’t even think they know what they’re lining up for. People are just standing in multiple lines converging into one.

People mover has 30 minute wait right now in MDE. Thank you and good night.
People Move was listed as 20 mins on Sunday and it was walk on. Don’t believe everything you read. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter