Park hopper a must for Rotr?

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
Our trip is in June and I was thinking a hopper is probably needed if they still have the boarding number in place,What if you scan your ticket at HS but get a boarding number that doesnt get called? You will need to try the next day, etc.

As long as you are in the park by the official opening time and join a boarding group right at the posted opening time, you should be able to secure a boarding group that will most likely get called. Obviously it's not guaranteed, but I don't think you need a hopper and to keep trying day after day.

My friends only had base tickets. They had no problems getting their BGs on their DHS day over Christmas week. They skipped their second chance because they wanted to sleep in.

You can always add hoppers if you need it when u are there

It's unlikely that Rise of the Resistance will still be on boarding groups, given that it will be a peak season at the time(and most of the kinks should be worked out by then), but in the unlikely event that it is, I wouldn't worry about getting a boarding group that isn't called unless you get there later in the day. If you want park hoppers, make sure you will use them more than the one day before adding them pretrip. If you aren't sure if you will need them or not, you can just go to guest services to add them during your trip.

It's unlikely that Rise of the Resistance will still be on boarding groups, given that it will be a peak season at the time(and most of the kinks should be worked out by then), ...

Are you assuming/thinking it's going to move to the FP system at some point in the next few months? Just curious.

I was actually wondering the same thing (we're going in July). We will start with base tickets and add hoppers if necessary. I did learn last summer that if you add hoppers you get charged for your full length of ticket (even if it's the last day). So, if you do decide to add, I'd do it earlier in the trip to waste as little money as possible. I ended up getting some pixie dust because I didn't know that and really wanted to park hop on our last day just to go see a night show in another park. The CM at guest services at Epcot changed the computer to think I had been in HS all day so that I could go over there for Fantasmic. I had to fill out all sorts of paperwork saying I was acknowledging that Disney did me a favor and never would again, lol.

Are you assuming/thinking it's going to move to the FP system at some point in the next few months? Just curious.

I was actually wondering the same thing (we're going in July). We will start with base tickets and add hoppers if necessary. I did learn last summer that if you add hoppers you get charged for your full length of ticket (even if it's the last day). So, if you do decide to add, I'd do it earlier in the trip to waste as little money as possible. I ended up getting some pixie dust because I didn't know that and really wanted to park hop on our last day just to go see a night show in another park. The CM at guest services at Epcot changed the computer to think I had been in HS all day so that I could go over there for Fantasmic. I had to fill out all sorts of paperwork saying I was acknowledging that Disney did me a favor and never would again, lol.

I think that is the general assumption most people have right now. We do know that the boarding groups aren't meant to be permanent, and that Disney does plan to institute fastpasses eventually(as it does have a fastpass lane). It stands to reason that they would most likely make the change in the short slow period before the summer peak. We don't know for sure when yet, but this is my best guess, so I would just keep an eye on things until you do travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!