Park Hopper with Toddlers

If they’ll be taking nap breaks, I would do hoppers. That way they can go to a different park in the evenings if they wanted to or crowds dictated.

I have three kids. One is currently a toddler. We have APs because we are DVC, but if we didn't, I would get hoppers. We often take a nap/pool break in the afternoon and go to a different park in the evening. I think this would be especially nice for them if they do stay at Bay Lake or Contemporary because it will be super easy to go back to the MK in the evening after the break. That is the park my toddlers always liked best anyway.

When mine were toddlers/young we always had hoppers. We would plan one park, then hotel with nap/rest time, then go to another park. Having a new park the second part of the day always felt more refreshing and energizing for everyone. It also meant that we could do something like 1/2 day at Epcot, 1/2 at Studios, then multiple 1/2 days at MK. Once they were older the hopper only came into play for the DDP (Epcot).

Parents of toddlers do you usually do park hopper tickets? I am going to suggest an afternoon nap, but do you do PH? I am thinking no. Any other big tips? I am going to suggest 2-3 three days at MK. Then one day at AK. Anything else you think is a must know or do with toddlers. Thanks!

If I was buying "fresh" 2-3 day tickets I would not get hoppers due to how much cost they add for such a short trip. I would not bother hopping with toddlers because getting out of a park and then into another park is simply time consuming when you factor in getting to the exit, waiting on transportation, sitting on the bus/car/monorail/boat, getting through the entrance of the other park and then getting up the "main street" to an actual attraction. I figure it probably takes 60-90 minutes minimum to hop from one park to the next when it is all said and done.

Frankly I feel there isn't AS much to do at DHS and Epcot for toddlers (we skipped Epcot until my son was 4 1/2 and tall enough to ride the "big" rides there.

I have gone on three trips with my son (2, 3 and 4) and the last trip was with his 5mo sister. We opted for short 2-park day trips to keep it affordable and to avoid just overtiring them on a super long vacation. I am in the mindset of taking short trips, but go frequently (every year or year and half).

I used park hoppers but ONLY because I got them affordably. I bought 10-day no expiration tickets with hoppers that allowed me to do short 2 park day trips at only $75/day/person. (side note: sad that option is no longer available as it has been perfect for 4+ years of short trips with small kids.. our next trip will probably be our last using them :(). I only used the hoppers two days in those three trips. I used them because we HAD them, but we would have been content not hopping.

What worked for us with my son -- go early (rope drop) .. stay in one park, let them nap in the stroller IN the park and leave early (shortly after dinner, before bedtime). Also make sure you don't eat too late for a meal and bring snacks and water to get their energy up.

Second the "leaving park to nap", our littles fell asleep in the stroller or on one of us when they were tired. WIth the bus system & room, it would've taken 3 + hours out of our day to go back (and they likely wouldn't have napped!) There's just too much excitement all around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter