Park Hours & FP+

melbatoast

Dis Fan
So confused on the FP+ and park hopping strategy! Staying at BC, and want to do Pandora and the Safari at AK, Soarin at Epcot during the day, and Fireworks at MK in the early evening. It will be the day before Easter (Saturday) and the park hours are showing EMH at Animal Kingdom from 7-8, (which is WAY to early for us!), but the whole week shows MK only open from 9-9 which I'm sure will change as it's Easter week!

My thought is walk over and do Soarin at rope drop, then go to AK and use a FP for Pandora, then go back to Epcot in the afternoon, then monorail to MK. Or, make a FP for Pandora around 10 am, and then try to get a FP for Soarin that will come up sometime before 7pm. Any idea if I could get a Soarin FP the day of?

Any thoughts on the best option?? Or any ideas? So confused as we usually don't park hop! Thanks!

So confused on the FP+ and park hopping strategy! Staying at BC, and want to do Pandora and the Safari at AK, Soarin at Epcot during the day, and Fireworks at MK in the early evening. It will be the day before Easter (Saturday) and the park hours are showing EMH at Animal Kingdom from 7-8, (which is WAY to early for us!), but the whole week shows MK only open from 9-9 which I'm sure will change as it's Easter week!

My thought is walk over and do Soarin at rope drop, then go to AK and use a FP for Pandora, then go back to Epcot in the afternoon, then monorail to MK. Or, make a FP for Pandora around 10 am, and then try to get a FP for Soarin that will come up sometime before 7pm. Any idea if I could get a Soarin FP the day of?

Any thoughts on the best option?? Or any ideas? So confused as we usually don't park hop! Thanks!
Plan on Soarin’ at Rope Drop because it will be difficult to find a ‘day of’ FP the day before Easter.

Pre-book Flight of Passage and the Safari at AK. You probably should book FP#3 for AK to use before you hop.

As soon as you enter the FP#3 line, book FP#4 for MK.

Thanks for the quick response! Any idea how long the rope drop line at Soarin usually is during a busy time?

I would say do AK in the morning, and then go to Epcot for lunch and to ride Soarin. I would be really surprised if you can get a FP for Soarin the day of, but you never know. Then you can finish your night at MK with dinner and fireworks. I would not do Epcot, AK, Epcot, MK, that is just way too much. The travel time between Epcot and AK can take awhile, especially since Easter weekend can be very busy.

Yeah, we might just have to skip Soarin. We have been to Disney World close to 20 times, and I have to say, I'm not really liking the fact that you have to plan SO far ahead and I'm a planner! I just don't like the fact that you can't even get a day of fastpass - I think they should reserve some for people that change their plans etc.!

Agree with disneyfan128- just do AK in the AM and as soon as you use your 3 FP at AK, try to get a FP for Soarin. The back and forth of BC, to epcot, to AK and back to Epcot will leave you with no time at all and you will not enjoy your day. I think starting at AK as early as you can and using up those FP and trying to secure some Epcot FP+ is your best use of time. Then you can head over to MK to enjoy the show. We were there in August and it certainly wasn't dead but not a very busy time at Epcot and we couldn't get a Soarin FP but if you can get some others to maximize your time at Epcot and then just commit to waiting in the line for soarin

I agree with both disneyfan128 and TheSouthernBelle..

1) Start your day with RD at AK (Use your AK FPs and then try to book one for Soarin before leaving to Epcot)

2) Head to Epcot around mid-day, ride Soarin (with or without FP), have lunch, enjoy the park..

3) Head to MKP in the late afternoon/early evening for dinner and fireworks..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter