Park itinerary advice needed!

Runnergal

Mouseketeer
Hi! Visiting WDW in early May, just me and 2 ds’s, ages 6 and 5. We only have 3 full days, plus our arrival day(flight arrives before 10am). We are planning a day each at MK, AK, and DHS, plus arrival afternoon at MK. We are staying at BC and have hoppers, so I was thinking we could do a few evenings at EPCOT. I have kids who actually love Epcot -they love the rides and exploring world showcase. So will this be enough time? Should we skip MK arrival day and go to EPCOT instead? We also have the morning of our departure day, but our flight, originally scheduled for 5pm, was changed to 330. I wish we had more time but we could only get away for a few days, as I am leaving older boys home with dh! I don’t expect to do everything, just want boys to have fun. Thanks!

I would keep two MK days and hit Epcot later on your AK and/or HS day and on your departure day.

If you're planning on hopping to Epcot on multiple nights, I think that breakdown works well. I'd save my 3 Fastpasses for at least one of the Epcot days (and probably not for the day you're also doing DHS, since you'll definitely need them there).

I wouldn't try to stuff another park into your departure day. That would be too hectic for me. Maybe if you're driving, but not if you're taking the Magical Express.

Have fun!

Hi! Visiting WDW in early May, just me and 2 ds’s, ages 6 and 5. We only have 3 full days, plus our arrival day(flight arrives before 10am). We are planning a day each at MK, AK, and DHS, plus arrival afternoon at MK. We are staying at BC and have hoppers, so I was thinking we could do a few evenings at EPCOT. I have kids who actually love Epcot -they love the rides and exploring world showcase. So will this be enough time? Should we skip MK arrival day and go to EPCOT instead? We also have the morning of our departure day, but our flight, originally scheduled for 5pm, was changed to 330. I wish we had more time but we could only get away for a few days, as I am leaving older boys home with dh! I don’t expect to do everything, just want boys to have fun. Thanks!

I'm not sure what kind of stamina your kids have, but with hoppers, why not start at MK on your arrival day and then take the monorail over to EP and walk through to get back to BC? You could do a few things in each park.

I also think you could do EP on your departure morning. DME won't pick you up until 12:30 pm for your flight and you have to check out of BC at 11:00 am anyway. Why not spend your morning hours at EP!

We also have the morning of our departure day, but our flight, originally scheduled for 5pm, was changed to 330

My boys would definitely be up, packed and ready to go for one more morning in EP. ME will pick you up around 12:30, so you just need to be back at BC by noon. Those few hours would be worth the extra $15 to add on another day to us!

With two at that age two days at MK will be a must! I agree with the recent post to add on the extra morning. You could ride Soarin at rope drop and still have two hours to explore before heading back for DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter