Park Motorhome at a Hotel?

fisher1518

Earning My Ears
We are making a trip to Disney World this Summer. Our last 2 trips we have stayed at Fort Wilderness but won't be able to this trip. Want to try one of the hotels and can't find a spot at the Fort for our dates anyway. My question is if anyone has ever driven their motorhome to Disney and parked at a hotel? It's a long drive for us (Colorado) and is much more comfortable in the motorhome than a car. Plus we don't have to get a hotel on the way. I haven't called the hotel yet to ask, just thought I would check here if anyone else has ever done it. Thanks.

Yes you can. It is not that uncommon. The guard at the post as you arrive to check in may (or may not) direct you to park in a specific place but sure you can bring it - they won't turn you away. And then use Disney transportation options while you are on property.

Bama Ed

What Ed said. Depending on which resort you stay, there may be limited parking, but the gate CMs will let you know where you can park it. In 2017, I came down right after hurricane Irma and the Fort was still closed for clean up. They put us up at Old Key West, but there was barely room for the truck, much less a 42 ft trailer. They pointed us over to Port Orleans-Riverside to drop the trailer. Plenty of room there.

j

What Ed said. Depending on which resort you stay, there may be limited parking, but the gate CMs will let you know where you can park it. In 2017, I came down right after hurricane Irma and the Fort was still closed for clean up. They put us up at Old Key West, but there was barely room for the truck, much less a 42 ft trailer. They pointed us over to Port Orleans-Riverside to drop the trailer. Plenty of room there.

j

And we had our 43 ft trailer at All Star Sports at the same time, we did not get the super upgrade.:duck:

Saw a youtuber do it at one of the Universal hotels a few weeks ago. Don't know about Disney.
Do you remember which Universal resort ? We would love to split stay couple days in Universal. Our RV is smaller B 24 ft but still worry about parking. That would be great.

We parked our 40' fifth-wheel at Animal Kingdom in November (we stayed at Kidani). Some of the resorts just don't have parking space, some do. Bama-Ed the others have it right.

I called ahead and talked to the front desk.

We parked our 40' fifth-wheel at Animal Kingdom in November (we stayed at Kidani). Some of the resorts just don't have parking space, some do. Bama-Ed the others have it right.

I called ahead and talked to the front desk.

Correct. Like I said, you may be directed where to park it.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!