park pass required to access Epcot?

dishman

Earning My Ears
If we are staying at BCV or BWV and want to go into Epcot for
dinner do we need to purchase a park pass, or is there some sort of arrangement so guests can enter at night for dinner? There are some great restraraunts there, but I don't want to buy a park pass just for dinner.

Entering Epcot always requires a pass -- even if you want to visit a restaurant.

as the old saying goes, "no ticky, no laundry". I remember at one time there used to be a deal where you could enter EPCOT from 4:00 on with a greatly reduced admission price, wouldn't it be nice if they made that available again, say starting at 6:00.

But no, you must you your admission ticket to get thru those turnstiles. Why not spring for an Annual Pass so that you will be able to do that just on those occasions and not worry about using up a day on a Hopper ticket.

Now that we no longer have free passes, most of our guests buy five day hoppers or something like that. I can't even begin to think about the amount of money spent in off site resturuants because people don't want to burn a day off their passes for dinner.

I guess this is Eisner math that shows how much money they save by not offering DVC members a decent discount.

as the old saying goes, "no ticky, no laundry". I remember at one time there used to be a deal where you could enter EPCOT from 4:00 on with a greatly reduced admission price, wouldn't it be nice if they made that available again, say starting at 6:00.

That "deal" is for Florida residents and for some conventions, it was never available to the general public.

From DWills page:

Epcot After 4 Pass - Florida Resident only - Unlimited admission to Epcot after 4pm. Florida Drivers license required as proof of residency.

sorry, but I thought I remembered it being available back in the 70's. Still say it would be nice if they offered something like this to DVC members so they could go in for dinner.

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
Why not spring for an Annual Pass so that you will be able to do that just on those occasions and not worry about using up a day on a Hopper ticket.

Where can I find information on the Annual Pass?

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
sorry, but I thought I remembered it being available back in the 70's. Still say it would be nice if they offered something like this to DVC members so they could go in for dinner.

Since Epcot didn't open until the 1980s, it wouldn't have been much of a deal to get in for dinner in the 1970s.

But it is possible there was such a deal when Epcot first opened. I don't remember it, but I was a teenager back then.

Wel, geesh, think what a cool time you have had going in and eating with the construction workers in the 70's. :)

I'm listening to the theme from the Living Seas on Live365 - the music is wonderful, too bad the attraction has gone so far downhill.

Sorry - off topic.

We found out that dining at Epcot requires admission...however, if you just want to wander and shop for an hour or so you can get a pass. What that really means is that they charge your Visa and if you get back in time they'll credit it back. If you don't make it on time then you can kiss the cost of a days admission goodbye.

Thanks everyone. It's really dissappointing though. It would be great to be able to relax at the pool all day and stroll over to Epcot at night for dinner without buying a pass. Epcot should create some sort of after 6 pass that restraraunts can valid.

If you purchase an AP/PAP or a UPH, you can just stroll in for dinner without it costing you anything additional.

I know this doesn't really apply to this particular situation, but the "After 4" pass is offered to those guests attending an Epcot dessert party. Actually, there are three partial day passes offered.

But, given this situation, I'd definitely go for the annual pass. We find that it gives us the freedom to go to a park just to see or do one thing, and not feel that we "wasted" a day on a Hopper pass.

Ted

Originally posted by Ted and Holly
.... Actually, there are three partial day passes offered.
Ted

What are the other two partial day passes offered?:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

The three options WDW Park & Event Services offers are:

$53.25 per ticket inclusive of tax for a one-day one-park pass
or
$39.19 per ticket inclusive of tax for a one-day after 2pm pass
or
$30.14 per ticket inclusive of tax for a one-day after 4pm pass

Oops, the first one seems to be a normal One Day one Park.

Ted

Thanks for the info! I never knew the after 2pm or after 4pm even existed. Are these passes available at the regular window where other ticket passes are sold? They don't seem to advertise their availability.

This info will definitely come in handy!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce::sunny:

Originally posted by cindala
Thanks for the info! I never knew the after 2pm or after 4pm even existed. Are these passes available at the regular window where other ticket passes are sold? They don't seem to advertise their availability.

This info will definitely come in handy!:teeth:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce::sunny:

The partial day passes are not available to the general public. They are only offered to convention groups or special events (for example, participants in an Illuminations Dessert Party), and must be purchased/obtained through the group. You will not be able to buy one at the ticket windows. Sorry.

Carol is right. I hope I was not unclear with my first post stating that Epcot Event Services offers the partial day passes for those attending a dessert party (among other special events).

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter