Park plan with Hagrids opening

jm106

DIS Veteran
We were in Universal October 2014 so shortly after Escape from Gringotts opened. Off site guests at double tree across from US/IoA. Went straight to Gringotts and had 100 min que. Unfortunately, the ride had gone down multiple times during our wait then finally we bailed out just about 2 1/2 hours of waiting(to which it was closed right as we were walking out.) Returned July 2015 and ride with a manageable wait(cant recall how long.)

Based on that first attempt and it going down, I don't have much to compare it to as far as new rides and wait times. I am unsure of what we should plan for Hagrids. I expect a lengthy wait. I know no one can predict wait times but experiences based on past new openers would be appreciated.
I am staying at Endless Summer, no EP.
I am perfectly fine with a very early morning arrival one morning to get in line but should I get in line by 7 am? Can anyone provide past experience based on other new Wizarding world openers shortly after release.
We have buy 2 get 3 park to park so I plan to try a later evening before but if not, one early morning wont kill us.

And how early can I catch a shuttle from resort? I figured we could grab a quick breakfast and Extra LARGE coffee for me while waiting at park entrance.

I think it is too early to give a definite time yet honestly. We need to wait for the virtual line to start up and for them to get running at full capacity to figure those things out. I think you should be able to get a good idea in about 2 weeks to 3 weeks, which should still give you plenty of time to make a definitive plan.

If the virtual line becomes a permanent thing, there is a way to get in the line while still at the hotel so that could help your situation. PM me and I'll give you instructions if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts