Park reservation pass question for the 50th

Sonnyeclipse

Mouseketeer
So I just booked my accommodations for the 50th week (DVC). I am a current Gold pass holder and my pass expires in May 2021. I would like to book my park reservations for the week of the 50th but right now do not have a valid ticket for that period.

Would I be able to purchase a MYW ticket for that week and then cash it in towards the value of an annual pass renewal when the time comes that I can renew?

So I just booked my accommodations for the 50th week (DVC). I am a current Gold pass holder and my pass expires in May 2021. I would like to book my park reservations for the week of the 50th but right now do not have a valid ticket for that period.

Would I be able to purchase a MYW ticket for that week and then cash it in towards the value of an annual pass renewal when the time comes that I can renew?
us too (about the booking)! see you there!

Our passes had expired and we WERE planning to buy new ones for an Oct trip that we ended up canceling. We now have a trip booked for April and tomorrow I am booking our DVC trip for the 50th. Meanwhile, I WANT AN AP and I DON'T WANT to spend money on any other tix RIGHT NOW. So last weekend after they announced park reservations extended to 2022 I booked a package at a value resort that includes park hoppers and I went ahead and immediately made park reservations. My sincere hope is that AP's go on sale again before our April trip at which time I will link both reservations in which will preserve my fall park reservations then I'll cancel the value resort reservation. If AP's never go back on sale then I'll have to buy tix for each trip individually. But I definitely didn't want to fork out that much money NOW...

My sincere hope is that AP's go on sale again before our April trip at which time I will link both reservations in which will preserve my fall park reservations then I'll cancel the value resort reservation. If AP's never go back on sale then I'll have to buy tix for each trip individually. But I definitely didn't want to fork out that much money NOW...

And hopefully there will be an AP room only discount as well during that time that you will be able to take advantage of.

I too am a Gold AP that expires end of April now that my renewal date has been changed with COVID (it was originally December 1st). I can't make park reservations either. I did make a hotel reservation too (although I am hoping that AP or FL discounts will come out). Hoping I can get a park reservation for MK end of April still when my AP renews.

I
And hopefully there will be an AP room only discount as well during that time that you will be able to take advantage of.
I don't need an AP rate bcuz we have DVC and we'll use that. But I hope they offer something for everyone else to take advantage of!! We did book a room once that way when we ran out of points and it was nice to have available.

So, I just renewed my Gold DVC AP, so I could get a Park Pass reservation. We have a room booked on points for 9/30 - 10/3. There are no Park Passes left for Annual Passholders for Magic Kingdom on 10/1. Member Services just told me that, even if we have a resort reservation, we are not considered "Resort Guests" for purposes of the Park Pass reservations - ONLY Annual Passholders. So apparently it doesn't matter if you're staying on property - if you're an Annual Passholder, you're screwed.

So, I just renewed my Gold DVC AP, so I could get a Park Pass reservation. We have a room booked on points for 9/30 - 10/3. There are no Park Passes left for Annual Passholders for Magic Kingdom on 10/1. Member Services just told me that, even if we have a resort reservation, we are not considered "Resort Guests" for purposes of the Park Pass reservations - ONLY Annual Passholders. So apparently it doesn't matter if you're staying on property - if you're an Annual Passholder, you're screwed.

Not true. I am an AP & have made all my park reservations under the resort guest slot.

That’s wrong. Resort days are booked from the resort bucket and don’t count against the three day limit. Some people who booked for check in through check out day were only able to make two other reservations a few months ago but that may have been fixed.

Not true. I am an AP & have made all my park reservations under the resort guest slot.
That’s wrong. Resort days are booked from the resort bucket and don’t count against the three day limit. Some people who booked for check in through check out day were only able to make two other reservations a few months ago but that may have been fixed.
So through discussions with others, I have confirmed this information is wrong, at least generally, but that doesn't change that I was told that twice, and that the Internet Help Desk was unable to fix the problem (escalated it to someone else on the back end who was also unable to force fix it - they couldn't figure it out).

The issue is not the number of days that can be reserved for AP with a resort stay - the first people told me that is exactly what Passholders get with a resort stay - the ability to book more days. The problem is that I was told, and there is some language on the site that could be interpreted to back this up (other language that arguably completely contradicts it, however), that while Passholders get those additional days, our Park Pass reservations will be pulled from the Passholder pool, not the Disney Resort Guest pool. I was told that pool is only for Resort Guests with tickets, not APs.

Some on the DVC Fan page were able to confirm based on days on which the only availability is for Resort Guests that they are able to reserve a park with their AP. However, this does not mean they aren't doing something like this for the 50th - since that's where I'm having the problem. On 10/1/2021, the calendar shows no availability for Passholders, only for Resort Guests and Theme Park Ticket Guests, and I am unable to book for that date, despite having a resort reservation. I'm able to book for any other days of that trip, but not at MK for 10/1. Internet Help Desk was not able to fix this either, so there is something, potentially, going on. We know there were some questionable things going on with resort and DVC reservations/availability at one point, so who knows.

Have you considered adding a 1 day ticket & see if you can make it with that? I know, who wants to spend extra $ when you have an AP. But if you really want to be in MK that day, it might be worth it to try that. And if you get it with your room package, you can cancel the ticket later if things get straightened out.

We have APs which will expire in May. I booked a package with 1 day tickets so we could get that MK reservation. We will be renewing the AP with the intention of cancelling the 1 day ticket after we do. If more people start reporting what you are & things seem “glitchy” still when we renew, I’ll just keep that 1 day ticket. It will be worth it for us to get into MK.

So through discussions with others, I have confirmed this information is wrong, at least generally, but that doesn't change that I was told that twice, and that the Internet Help Desk was unable to fix the problem (escalated it to someone else on the back end who was also unable to force fix it - they couldn't figure it out).

The issue is not the number of days that can be reserved for AP with a resort stay - the first people told me that is exactly what Passholders get with a resort stay - the ability to book more days. The problem is that I was told, and there is some language on the site that could be interpreted to back this up (other language that arguably completely contradicts it, however), that while Passholders get those additional days, our Park Pass reservations will be pulled from the Passholder pool, not the Disney Resort Guest pool. I was told that pool is only for Resort Guests with tickets, not APs.

Some on the DVC Fan page were able to confirm based on days on which the only availability is for Resort Guests that they are able to reserve a park with their AP. However, this does not mean they aren't doing something like this for the 50th - since that's where I'm having the problem. On 10/1/2021, the calendar shows no availability for Passholders, only for Resort Guests and Theme Park Ticket Guests, and I am unable to book for that date, despite having a resort reservation. I'm able to book for any other days of that trip, but not at MK for 10/1. Internet Help Desk was not able to fix this either, so there is something, potentially, going on. We know there were some questionable things going on with resort and DVC reservations/availability at one point, so who knows.
I’m going to guess the issue has to do with the room being DVC. We’ve run into that too as it’s booked on a different system and doesn’t always recognize it as a “room” for the pass buckets. I would make sure the DVC reservation is linked into your MDE, refresh everything, and try again. The last course would be to cancel all of your park reservations for that week, refresh MDE and try booking them again. That may reset the system to recognize you as a resort guest.

But main thing is, with an AP, if you are a resort guest, you book from the resort guest bucket. Your particular issue has to do with the competing IT systems with your room being DVC. It’s not going to be that issue for everyone, but it does suck when us DVC members are almost second class citizens when it comes to things like this.

I would make sure the DVC reservation is linked into your MDE, refresh everything, and try again.
We just booked our mid October trip and MDE would only let me get passes for 3 days at the parks. I looked and our DVC room was not listed under our plans. Added the reservation number and then was able to get park reservations for the entire stay.

We were able to book for HS on days it was full for AP’s, so as pp said it is a technical error.

Thanks for the suggestion to buy a one-day ticket. Just did, and got our park reservation for Oct. 1. We already have a DVC room reserved, but our gold AP runs out May 1 - at which time we’ll renew. I was worried about waiting that long to get MK reserved for the 1st. Glad to have come across the great suggested workaround!

We are in a similar situation. We just got back from a 10 day trip. We purchased 10 day park hoppers before this trip (last Jan.-trip was supposed to happen in June) to upgrade to Gold AP. We obviously couldn't upgrade. They did note our file and if APs become available, we will get credit for those tickets for an AP the date of which starts the first day of that trip in late Oct. We had also planned to do a summer trip and be there for the 50th. We are DVC and have a room for the 50th booked, but we don't know what to do about tickets. We don't want to buy more tickets when we may be able to buy an AP that will cover both those trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!