Park reservations released through 2021.. now what ?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
So I have everything booked for May but who knows , was thinking August as backup and maybe thanksgiving 2021..
But now I worry park res may not be avail in August or October so do I simply switch my plans now or chance it ? I really wasn’t thinking I’d need to call mays trip this soon .

Who knows if park res will be needed by Oct. If you are buying tickets for 2021 you can add water parks and park hopping, which you can't do for 2020. I assume they are hoping to offer those things again, which negates the park res.

I've been looking at a late Oct/Nov trip. we also want to do Universal (kiddo is finally interested in Harry Potter!), and I hoped for a longer trip. But oh the price! Gets expensive. Was hoping to stay at CBR for the skyliner and it being a Mod, we've never stayed at one before. Maybe add in a short cruise? Ha, what a trip ;) Probably won't end up doing anything...

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable going in May, August is SO HOT, October seems nice timing, Halloween stuff, cooler weather (than August) and more time for things to settle down. I'm not sure if it's quieter or not though. Late August (last week or so) is usually quiet.

From all things that have been said park res is here to stay. For park hopping I think what will happen is you have us MDE and pick what park you want to hop to after being in your first park. As far as FP goes the rumor for awhile now is it will become a paid version upon return.

We booked a 10 night stay for Dec 2021 trip (7 days at YC, 3 days at CR) trip... I soooooo.... hope that by then fireworks, parties will be back by then... we may still reschedule if not...

While I think masks may still be a thing even then hopefully there will be enough treatments and vaccine options to allow things go back to far closer to normal... or at least some version of it... Park reservations... it's hard to know. By that time I'm pretty confident travel health insurance will cover COVID things completely.

Last edited:
We booked a 10 night stay for Dec 2021 trip (7 days at YC, 3 days at CR) trip... I soooooo.... hope that by then fireworks, parties will be back by then... we may still reschedule if not...

While I think masks may still be a thing even then hopefully there will be enough treatments and vaccine options to allow things go back to far closer to normal... or at least some version of it... Park reservations... it's hard to know. By that time I'm pretty confident travel health insurance will cover COVID things completely.

Did you find that the resort you wanted wasn’t available? We were hoping to go in October but the Wilderness Lodge wasn’t available on any dates and neither was POFQ.

Did you find that the resort you wanted wasn’t available? We were hoping to go in October but the Wilderness Lodge wasn’t available on any dates and neither was POFQ.

It showed as not available (as did boardwalk) but right now both resorts are closed (the DVC sides are open but the regular resorts aren't) .... I think until they have a formal opening date for the resorts they'll show as not available...

I snagged Park Pass for MK for Dec 25-27 when it opened this morning. Couldn’t book anymore than 3 days due to not having resort stay yet.

I know you can only have $1000 on each wdw gift card. My deposit was $256 Cdn (I thought it was US). It said I have a balance on the card of $756, which ends up being more than $1000 with the exchange. How can that be?

It showed as not available (as did boardwalk) but right now both resorts are closed (the DVC sides are open but the regular resorts aren't) .... I think until they have a formal opening date for the resorts they'll show as not available...

Thank you for the info. I’ll keep my eyes on it in case they do open.

My concern with October would be 14 day quarantine. My oldest is hopeful to go away to school in September so a 14 day quarantine would exclude him from any any other time.

I have to jam in 7 days Disney and discovery cove already paid .. I still have to see if discovery cove will even let me rebook again. I rebooked August already to Xmas uggh

Who knows if park res will be needed by Oct. If you are buying tickets for 2021 you can add water parks and park hopping, which you can't do for 2020. I assume they are hoping to offer those things again, which negates the park res.

I've been looking at a late Oct/Nov trip. we also want to do Universal (kiddo is finally interested in Harry Potter!), and I hoped for a longer trip. But oh the price! Gets expensive. Was hoping to stay at CBR for the skyliner and it being a Mod, we've never stayed at one before. Maybe add in a short cruise? Ha, what a trip ;) Probably won't end up doing anything...

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable going in May, August is SO HOT, October seems nice timing, Halloween stuff, cooler weather (than August) and more time for things to settle down. I'm not sure if it's quieter or not though. Late August (last week or so) is usually quiet.

Thank you for the info. I’ll keep my eyes on it in case they do open.
No worries... will post if and when we see BC open up. Although when I told DH that YC had hard floors (rather than carpet) his outlook changed dramatically since he has allergies and hard surface flooring is usually better for that.... we may actually stick with YC (CL opening could change the location though.) The bus service for YC are slightly better than BC though so that may be something we consider... So many questions still....

my quick glance today (I check often to make sure my ticket is still on my profile, looong story) shows that they're wanting you to make park reservations up to January 14th 2022 😱

Yup! I am contemplating if I should go ahead and booking SOMETHING four our 5-day passes, but my parents don't have their tickets linked to my MDE account yet, just in case they don't go and want to gift them to someone else.

I am hoping that the reserving the parks will go away once the vaccine has been distributed!

my quick glance today (I check often to make sure my ticket is still on my profile, looong story) shows that they're wanting you to make park reservations up to January 14th 2022 😱
We booked our park reservation days for Dec 2021.... just in case.... was super easy but hopefully the 10 day park hoppers we bought will allow us to move around once the time comes... hopefully... but who knows tho...

Last edited:
I booked November 2021, i was told to make sure i book the parks by the cm taking the reservation. Not sure if it was a tell everyone that thing, but when questioned she seemed adamant that it was nessassary for 2021 , wven that far out and said to do it asap. So i did. I can always changw them and cancel as the dates get closer but at least i will not get locked out of a park.

This seems complicated. We love Disney and wanted to go but I keep pricing it out and think we'll end up at Universal instead. Maybe if some discounts come out later, we'll see I guess. Add in booking the park you want to go to, I mean I normally plan our parks out in advance (obviously, for fast passes). I don't know. Kiddo asked for a "less busy" trip next time.

I am happy to see some people booking for next year though, gives me hope we'll be able to do something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter