Park reservations released through 2021.. now what ?

Sjm do you worry about 14 day quarantines would that affect you at all ? I think that’s my big concern at this point with biggest kid hopefully starting university

QUOTE="Sjm9911, post: 62396326, member: 639409"]
I booked November 2021, i was told to make sure i book the parks by the cm taking the reservation. Not sure if it was a tell everyone that thing, but when questioned she seemed adamant that it was nessassary for 2021 , wven that far out and said to do it asap. So i did. I can always changw them and cancel as the dates get closer but at least i will not get locked out of a park.
[/QUOTE]

I worry about 14 day quarantine. That's why I'm not booking anything until we see how that plays out. Can't afford for dh to have 14 unpaid days after our trip. Plus dd can't as some of her schooling is in person, and she'll have placements.
Sjm do you worry about 14 day quarantines would that affect you at all ? I think that’s my big concern at this point with biggest kid hopefully starting university

QUOTE="Sjm9911, post: 62396326, member: 639409"]
I booked November 2021, i was told to make sure i book the parks by the cm taking the reservation. Not sure if it was a tell everyone that thing, but when questioned she seemed adamant that it was nessassary for 2021 , wven that far out and said to do it asap. So i did. I can always changw them and cancel as the dates get closer but at least i will not get locked out of a park.
[/QUOTE]
I do, but by next year I'm thinking that will be over. Or at least people will be over it. Its atually the reason I'm not there now. if we are still doing 2 week quarantine at this time next year we have bigger problems. That would mean this thing is not ever going away. From what i see, and hear that will not be the case. I do think disney will still have protocalls in place, masks, disinfecting, distancing, as they can not chance another shut down. I dont see that stuff going away. They want to convay that a disney vacation is safe for all. Right now in nj because of the upticks in the virus, other states are putting us on there quarantine lists. The uptick is because they are opening up stuff, so i belive the numbers are normal. People returning to work, collage, school. I think the numbers are still low considering. Lets all hope this goes away soon and we can get back to worring about normal stuff.

Does anyone know when we can make a resort only reservation (we already have tickets) for Feb 2022?

I'm not booking anything yet but summer 2021 is likely the earliest I'd consider and even that is probably wishful thinking unfortunately.

This seems complicated. We love Disney and wanted to go but I keep pricing it out and think we'll end up at Universal instead. Maybe if some discounts come out later, we'll see I guess. Add in booking the park you want to go to, I mean I normally plan our parks out in advance (obviously, for fast passes). I don't know. Kiddo asked for a "less busy" trip next time.

I am happy to see some people booking for next year though, gives me hope we'll be able to do something!
It does seem unnecessarily complicated. We had res for WDW in Nov, but switched to Universal. Disney with no park hopping, no FP, park reservations was just too much so we switched to Uni got a great rate at Hard Rock which comes with express pass. And we’ve never seen the Christmas decorations at Uni

From all things that have been said park res is here to stay. For park hopping I think what will happen is you have us MDE and pick what park you want to hop to after being in your first park. As far as FP goes the rumor for awhile now is it will become a paid version upon return.
Doesn’t surprise me they’re going to paid FP. But if they’re going that route there should be a free option as well, DL has both systems. The free version is the paper FP like we used to have. The paid version in DL (MaxPass) is via your phone. You don’t book in advance. After you clear the gate you can start making your 1st fp, and so on. It started at $10/day. Now it’s up to $20 :crazy2: and includes Photopass. For a family of 4 that’s a pretty expensive add on per day in addition to the $$$$ cost of admission.

Now that Hotel reservations are available for the remainder of 2021, what do you all think is the likelyhood that Canadian discounts are offered? Looks like the UK got one, and Hotel discounts were just posted for early 2021 visits. I've booked a Dec 2021 package at Pop, but at rack rate, and no ticket discount yet. I'm really hoping for a Canadian Resident ticket discount.

I worry about 14 day quarantine. That's why I'm not booking anything until we see how that plays out. Can't afford for dh to have 14 unpaid days after our trip. Plus dd can't as some of her schooling is in person, and she'll have placements.

I can't see them requiring 14 day quarantine once we have a vaccine with proof of vaccination.... that would be a bit overkill. And as far as timelines go from what I've heard from our health authority and public health in BC, November 2021 seems like a fairly safe bet to me. That said, I still wouldn't book anything that isn't refundable because no one truly knows.

I can't see them requiring 14 day quarantine once we have a vaccine with proof of vaccination.... that would be a bit overkill. And as far as timelines go from what I've heard from our health authority and public health in BC, November 2021 seems like a fairly safe bet to me. That said, I still wouldn't book anything that isn't refundable because no one truly knows.

I can see myself cancelling if the 14 day quarantine isn't lifted by late 2021. For Disney Packages, you can cancel up until 30 days before, right? How is the cancellation policy for flights on Westjet or Air Canada these days? Is it just a credit issued for future travel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter