Park shoes for ladies with enormous feet

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
So I know this board sees a lot of footwear-related topics, but I don't recall seeing threads addressing the problem for those of us who wear sizes not typically available in your average shoe store. Shoe shopping for me, since I moved to a smaller city, means shopping online and/or resorting to wearing men's shoes. Even Birkenstock sells only very limited styles in my size (no cute alternative styles for me; it's the classic two-strap or nothing from them).

I know I can't be the only woman on this board who wears size 13's. Most of the time I wear either my birks or a pair of Converse, and most of the time that's fine. Since I'm heading to Disneyland for a week this fall, though, I'm interested in hearing what other choices I've got. What brands do you swear by that don't end at size 9?

http://www.zappos.com/p/under-armou...gray-white-black/product/8704621/color/595559
Yes these are mens, so I bought mine a size down. But they are very comfortable and would be a good park tour option as far as sneakers go. The "tongue" wraps around from one side so it feels like a glove.

zappos also has a flip flop with arch support and is great in rain, call Vionic wave and comes in higher sizes. My MIL swears by these in the parks. She got another pair for her upcoming trip.

I am 5'3" and wear a size 10 shoe, generally wear my New Balance, super comfortable, with socks of course. I've gotten mens' shoes in the past also, so a 10 ladies is an 8 mens I've found.
'

http://www.zappos.com/p/under-armou...gray-white-black/product/8704621/color/595559
Yes these are mens, so I bought mine a size down. But they are very comfortable and would be a good park tour option as far as sneakers go. The "tongue" wraps around from one side so it feels like a glove.

zappos also has a flip flop with arch support and is great in rain, call Vionic wave and comes in higher sizes. My MIL swears by these in the parks. She got another pair for her upcoming trip.

I like the look of those! I like my converse for day-to-day, but for a full day's walking they're a bit lacking in support. Might try a pair of these. I've got a really good pair of running shoes but don't want to wear them for anything but running because of how much they cost to replace, so these look like a nice middle ground.

So I know this board sees a lot of footwear-related topics, but I don't recall seeing threads addressing the problem for those of us who wear sizes not typically available in your average shoe store. Shoe shopping for me, since I moved to a smaller city, means shopping online and/or resorting to wearing men's shoes. Even Birkenstock sells only very limited styles in my size (no cute alternative styles for me; it's the classic two-strap or nothing from them).

I know I can't be the only woman on this board who wears size 13's. Most of the time I wear either my birks or a pair of Converse, and most of the time that's fine. Since I'm heading to Disneyland for a week this fall, though, I'm interested in hearing what other choices I've got. What brands do you swear by that don't end at size 9?

I wear a size 10 so I can sympathize.

I love Nordstroms for shoes. I just checked and there is a lot of selection in your size (they go up to 14). Just go to women's shoes, put in your size, look under 'comfort' if you are looking for sandals.

Good luck!

Most of the cute ones seem to stop at size 10 or 11. I wear a size 12 and I just get men's Tevas, Keens, and Skechers go walks. They work great and I'm not worried about looking cute at Disney - my frizzy hair, smudged make-up, and sweatiness will have already taken care of that for me. ;)

I wear a size 11D and New Balance walking shoes have never disappointed me.

Most of the cute ones seem to stop at size 10 or 11. I wear a size 12 and I just get men's Tevas, Keens, and Skechers go walks. They work great and I'm not worried about looking cute at Disney - my frizzy hair, smudged make-up, and sweatiness will have already taken care of that for me. ;)
Haha. I often get back to the room and scoff at myself in the mirror at the amount of sweat and grime on my face. I don't know how some people can get through a day at a park in 90 degrees and look like perfect little models.

I only wear a 10, but must have comfortable shoes. I have found Thorlo walking socks make a big difference in not having sore feet.

Try Vionic for sandals. They only go up to a size 12 but I think they run large. I usually where a 10 but I had to get a 9 so they might work for you.

I do Reefs on my size 12 drag queen foot. I actually prefer the width on the men's flip flop strap for park days. My feet just seem to do better in a sandal or a boat shoe.

Unless it's a freezing January than it's my converses.

I'm a size 11 in womens and 9.5 in mens. I'm a sneaker person when it comes to walking around the parks. I'm also a Nike addict, so I have tons of Nikes, but I tend to wear my Nike Frees a lot to Disney. Never had any issues or soreness.

I am pretty sure on my last trip I wore my Nikes most of the time. I switched back and forth to my Converse. I've found that switching my shoes helps reduce foot fatigue. I also have some Croc flip-flops with leather uppers, and they're super comfortable for walking and standing.

I wear 13's and I just wear my sneakers in the parks. Anything else & my feet are killing me by the end of the day. I buy from the men's shoe sections (sad face) for my running & walking shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter