Park stroller rental or offsite stroller rental?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know there's a savings with renting an offsite stroller. We just got back from a December trip and we took buses to the parks. Every time I saw a stroller getting on the bus I could see frustration in the parents eyes. They are clumsy to handle and very bulky and heavy.

Anyway, we will have 5 year old twin boys. From what I understand reading other posts is that a stroller is recommended even if the boys normally walk at home. Disney parks just have too much walking. The average is 6 miles a day for most people trekking through the parks.

I'll be renting a double stroller; so, I know that will be even harder to handle on the buses.

I won't be the one pushing the stroller. Anyway, do you prefer renting at the park or would you go through the struggles with the buses and save a little money.

I know the flip side is having a stroller at the bus stop could be very useful especially at the end of a day going back to the resort when everyone is tired.

We have always rented offsite. The strollers are much more comfortable than the plastic park ones. It also saves time from having to get one each morning. It totally depends on the kid, but we found that at 5, my daughter could very easily walk AK and HS so we didn't bring the stroller those days. My son at that was a different story and didn't have the stamina that she did. We never really found them to be a pain on the buses unless it was late at night and they were very full.

I know it's not an answer you may be looking for, but my suggestion is neither option. Yes, use a stroller, I agree 110%...we've got twins, we had them in strollers until they were 8. But renting is a complete waste of money, IMO. Buy one. Then sell it when you're done. You'll spend far less. Last time we did this, we bought a double wide jogging stroller on Craigslist for $60, used it for two weeks in Disney and then sold it on Craigslist to another vacationing Disney family for $40. My net cost for two weeks = $20.

I rent because I want access to it for our whole trip (walking the resort, at Disney springs, etc.) But I have a 4yo and 2yo. Your kids are a bit older so they might not need a stroller as often.

I also prefer walking right in and out of the parks with my own stroller rather than have to stop at stroller rental to pick up/drop off each day and night. We always rent the city mini double which has a super easy fold. It's a bit bulky but my Dh deals with it and hasn't complained yet.

Went solo with my 3yo son a couple of months ago and our Britax B-Agile. Enjoyed having it for stroller naps and letting him fall asleep at the end of the day, hated dealing with it solo on the bus. Going back in Dec., he'll be 4. Planning to buy a cheap umbrella and have it shipped straight to the resort via Amazon. It'll get the basic job done and if he crashes at the end of the night so be it. But will be much easier to handle on the bus, and he won't be in it much anyways. He walks up to 4 miles on zoo and amusement park trips already. I also don't want to deal with it in the airport, on Magical Express, or taking up space in the room.

I know some people get a double umbrella, but check the weight limits and how easy it will be to push. You might be better off with two single umbrellas.

I know there's a savings with renting an offsite stroller. We just got back from a December trip and we took buses to the parks. Every time I saw a stroller getting on the bus I could see frustration in the parents eyes. They are clumsy to handle and very bulky and heavy.

Anyway, we will have 5 year old twin boys. From what I understand reading other posts is that a stroller is recommended even if the boys normally walk at home. Disney parks just have too much walking. The average is 6 miles a day for most people trekking through the parks.

I'll be renting a double stroller; so, I know that will be even harder to handle on the buses.

I won't be the one pushing the stroller. Anyway, do you prefer renting at the park or would you go through the struggles with the buses and save a little money.

I know the flip side is having a stroller at the bus stop could be very useful especially at the end of a day going back to the resort when everyone is tired.
esp at end of day park rental does not help with bus line walk as stroller can not leave park which plus the standing waiting no place to sit and wait plus you can have a walk from bus stop at resort to your room. are you able to carry one or both twins if they crash of bus back to resort. the answer to these questions will help you make up your mind

I appreciate the comments and reccomendations.

I hadn't thought about the walk getting off the bus and back to your room at night. That's when the kids will be tired.

We rented from WDW when my younger kids were 4, 4, and 6 (I have small kids, the 3 of them fit). It was great because the park strollers are easy for them to hop in and out of. They were fine walking to the buses after the parks, and the strollers were easy to push. Being 5, I don’t think you need a soft comfy stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter