Park to Park

JessicaRabbit13

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is it worth paying $60 per person for the park to park just to ride the Hogwarts Express? It seems like a lot for one ride? None of us are extreme Harry Potter fans - we’ve seen the movies and I read the books but not bothered by it.

It is not worth it for Hogwarts Express.

However, the ease and convenience of park-to-park can be very worthwhile depending on your touring style. It is such a breeze to pop between parks. For short trips, this is good in case a ride breaks down on your only day in that park; for longer trips, it adds flexibility and reduces planning. It can also be a way to avoid crowds or to avoid early closures.

Even if you aren’t HP fans and don’t ride HE, you can enjoy both parks with the hoppers. So definitely yes!

It is not worth it for Hogwarts Express.

However, the ease and convenience of park-to-park can be very worthwhile depending on your touring style. It is such a breeze to pop between parks. For short trips, this is good in case a ride breaks down on your only day in that park; for longer trips, it adds flexibility and reduces planning. It can also be a way to avoid crowds or to avoid early closures.

Agreed! And the parks aren't so far from each other that if you want to eat at one and then ride in another and then go back for something different, the travel just isn't that long/taxing.

We like the park to park because we have different ride styles. When you have kids / friends who don't ride thrill rides, you can switch parks and move on to what they do want to ride, and not say "sorry, this park is maxed out for you. Time to leave." If we just want to ride Transformers, MIB, and Spiderman, we can, even though they are not all in one park. Definitely worth it for us.

I’m mainly doing a Disney trip this upcoming week, but we are doing a quick 2 night at royal pacific and only doing one park day so we are doing park to park. If I had multiple days and didn’t care about HE, I would not do it

Lol......I’ve been asked why I answered as I did above........:confused:

For us, we haven’t ever been without and wouldn’t ever be without Park to Park and I’ve said so many times.....apparently......but the OP sounded as if it wasn’t essential to her and I had read another of her posts on another thread about costs.......

So, it didn’t seem necessary for her by the way she asked was it worth it for one ride!

If anyone had asked would I recommend park to park AP or tickets the answer would have been.......absolutely yes 100%!

Well... If you're not interested, nor plan on not riding literally of any of the other rides on the other side of the Hogwarts Express, then no.

If you're wanting to experience literally a whole other thrilling park and the other half of WWoHP for just $60 more, then yes.

Thanks for your opinions. We will be doing 2 days so will definitely be able to see both parks, so the only think we would miss would be the Hogwarts Express. I’m going with my parents who would struggle to jump between parks, they prefer sticking to one per day.

Thanks for your opinions. We will be doing 2 days so will definitely be able to see both parks, so the only think we would miss would be the Hogwarts Express. I’m going with my parents who would struggle to jump between parks, they prefer sticking to one per day.

Actually, it is very easy to jump between parks. They are so close together it is really like one park when you have park hopper. But unless you want to ride the train (it is no big deal and less than 5 min long) doing one park a day and saving $60 per person is definately nice.

Both sides are very different.

While it's relatively easy to switch between parks using the HE and makes it a breeze, I understand just taking the two days in order to completely enjoy one park one day and enjoy one park another day. If that is what you plan on doing then I definitely agree that you do not need 2-park pass, especially if you're not massive HP fans. While it is easy and a cool experience as each way are different, I have to admit I wouldn't purchase a park hopper for an extra $60 for one ride if that was literally all it was for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter