Parking an ECV at the parks.....

captcaveman

MK Ice Cream Parlor's Ice Cream Sandwich = The Dev
For a trip in 1/06, I've invited my grandmother who will be 78 when we go. She has a heart condition that sometimes leaves her short of breath when she exerts herself. I suggested renting an ECV from an off-site vendor (so we can take it anywhere outside the parks) so she can travel through the parks. She told me that she thought she'd be OK without it, citing that her doctor suggested more walking, but I think she's underestimated the amount of walking over the course of a five-night trip. I then suggested that we get an ECV to be safe. I think she could use it for long distances (if we have to go across a park) and when she doesn't need it, we could park it somewhere centrally located. Are there designated areas in each park where the ECV can be parked and picked up later? I know they have them for strollers, but what about ECVs and/or wheelchairs?

There are stroller and ecv parking at pretty much all the rides. If she feels like walking to the next attraction by all means do that. The cm's must be able to move the ecv if it is inappropriately parked.

We do that all the time for hubby especially at the Epcot pavillions.

If we're wandering around the Land or Mexico or some other small area, we just park the ECV in a corner and pick it up when we head off to our next destination.

Carol

Normally ECVs are parked in the same area as strollers.

Two very important things when parking an ECV.

1. Make sure you take the key out and take it with you.

2. Don't leave anything in either the front basket or the back pouch that you cannot afford to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter