Parking and PS at resorts question

doodlenj4

Earning My Ears
Is it correct you can park your car in the resort parking lot if you have ps at a resort restaurant? We have dinner ps at Chef Mickey's and am wondering how long we can leave our car in the Contemporary parking lot... Our ps is early, 5pm and we have plans to go to MK after dinner. Will we need to move the car after dinner, and before we go to MK? Thanks!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by doodlenj4
Is it correct you can park your car in the resort parking lot if you have ps at a resort restaurant? We have dinner ps at Chef Mickey's and am wondering how long we can leave our car in the Contemporary parking lot... Our ps is early, 5pm and we have plans to go to MK after dinner. Will we need to move the car after dinner, and before we go to MK? Thanks!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Depending on the time of year the Contempory gives out 3hr parking passes if you choose to self-park there while having dinner. We valet park and then it does not matter. It is $6 plus tip to valet at the Disney deluxe resorts and free to self park.

They will ask you for your PS number if it is during a busy or holiday time. The guard will then give you a 3 hour parking pass. We have done this at Poly and Contemp (self-parked not valet)and actually stayed beyond the 3 hours(we are DVC members and were pool-hopping). These are the resorts that are strictest because it is convenient to monorail to MK from these. Most of the others (BC, AKL, GF(because self parking is really far away!) are not as strict and may not ask you for your PS number, but have it handy anyway.
Connears

Just will echo what the two previous post have said--most likely you will need your PS # and will receive a 3-hour parking pass.

So if you pay to valet park, can you stay longer than 3 hours? We have PS's at 'Ohanas for dinner at 5:50, and then we are going on a Wishes cruise from the Contemporary at 8:45. If we valet park, can we leave the car at the Poly and take the monorail to the Contemporary instead of having to move the car? We are going in May.

Thanks!

Beth

Most likely you can stay as long as you wish. That has been our experience with Valet parking at the Poly, Contemporary, and the GF.
However--several previous posters (on other threads) have told of being given a time-limit at Valet also.
As I say, never happened to us in all the years we've been going, but----

I don't know if it is the time of year, or whatever, but I have been to many resorts to eat (parking there) and have never been given a time limit or ticket or any instuctions by a guard. (self parking)
Sometimes we do go to a park afterward (not planning to until after the meal).
Never have had any issues.
Some guards want to see our APs and a picture ID. Some want just a picture ID. Some don't ask for ID at all.

We were just there last weekend and when we valet parked at the Poly for breakfast, the guard gave us a pass that expired in 4 hours. In the past we've gotten passes that were only for 3 hours. We had dinner at the Cal. Grill on Saturday night and they didn't give us a limit for the first time there. I guess it's because the park was already closing within a few hours after our arrival, so they just didn't bother.
The guards seem to always give them during the day, not always at night.

We usually valet park when going to another resort to dine and have never been told of a time limit or given a parking pass. Also, there are times they've asked if we had p.s. but rarely have they checked it and sometimes they just wave us through seeing our resort parking pass in the windshield. I know things can change so thank you for posting this question because I still wonder what the "official" rules are. We have gone to the BC to eat at Beaches and Cream and they never gave us any limits. On our next trip I would like to go to B&C and then walk the Boardwalk but I don't want to break any rules and go over our time limit. Anyone with more recent experience than I as to how the BC/YC/BWI's parking policies are?

The only time we have been given a 3 hour pass has been during the Christmas/ New Years week. You can't even get to BW to park on NYE day, only registered guests because everyone would love to be able to walk from Epcot after NY. Time of year really makes a difference.
Connears

Hi,

we have ps for breakfast at 11.00am at chef mickeys, can you tell me where the self parking is?? and how do we get there??

Do you have to follow the main route to disney or is there another way.

Many thanks

Originally posted by Rafikifan
We usually valet park when going to another resort to dine and have never been told of a time limit or given a parking pass. Also, there are times they've asked if we had p.s. but rarely have they checked it and sometimes they just wave us through seeing our resort parking pass in the windshield. I know things can change so thank you for posting this question because I still wonder what the "official" rules are. We have gone to the BC to eat at Beaches and Cream and they never gave us any limits. On our next trip I would like to go to B&C and then walk the Boardwalk but I don't want to break any rules and go over our time limit. Anyone with more recent experience than I as to how the BC/YC/BWI's parking policies are?

This has been our experience as well with valet parking - have never been given a time limit, even at Contemporary.

As for BC/YC/BWI parking policies, your best bet may be to park at the BWI. I think they are a little more liberal there because the Boardwalk is a destination in itself. Have parked there several times in the non-valet lot and never been given a parking pass or time limit (this has always been when we have been resort guests somewhere else on site, but it sounds like this was your plan as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter