Parking at a non-DVC hotel

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know if DVC members have to pay for parking when they stay at a non-DVC hotel using cash instead of their points? i believe the answer is yes)..Would the member still be allowed to park at a nearby DVC hotel free even if they were not staying there but at another resort on cash (say CBR)? I guess I'm trying to understand why a DVC member (or even non-member who rents points) gets free parking on a point stay but not cash.

Does anybody know if DVC members have to pay for parking when they stay at a non-DVC hotel using cash instead of their points? i believe the answer is yes).
A member that pays cash to stay at a non-DVC resort is subject to the daily resort parking fee.

A member that pays cash to stay at a DVC Resort will not be charged the daily resort parking fee.
A member that uses points to stay at ANY WDW Resort (DVC or not) will not be charged the daily resort parking fee.

Would the member still be allowed to park at a nearby DVC hotel free even if they were not staying there but at another resort on cash (say CBR)?
You can park (for free) at a resort to dine, shop, etc. You can't park overnight at a resort you are NOT staying at.

A member that pays cash to stay at a non-DVC resort is subject to the daily resort parking fee.

A member that pays cash to stay at a DVC Resort will not be charged the daily resort parking fee.
A member that uses points to stay at ANY WDW Resort (DVC or not) will not be charged the daily resort parking fee.

You can park (for free) at a resort to dine, shop, etc. You can't park overnight at a resort you are NOT staying at.
Thanks for the answer erionm! Concise, precise info that will help all members understand clearly!

Does anybody know if DVC members have to pay for parking when they stay at a non-DVC hotel using cash instead of their points? i believe the answer is yes)..Would the member still be allowed to park at a nearby DVC hotel free even if they were not staying there but at another resort on cash (say CBR)? I guess I'm trying to understand why a DVC member (or even non-member who rents points) gets free parking on a point stay but not cash.
The reason DVC reservations get to park for “free” is because our member dues pay to maintain the parking lots-it is not a “membership magic” perk so it doesn’t carry over to regular Disney resort reservations.

The reason DVC reservations get to park for “free” is because our member dues pay to maintain the parking lots-it is not a “membership magic” perk so it doesn’t carry over to regular Disney resort reservations.
In that case then, shouldn't DVC members ALWAYS get to park at DVC resorts -free anytime overnight, regardless where they are staying since the dues are paid in any case?

In that case then, shouldn't DVC members ALWAYS get to park at DVC resorts -free anytime overnight, regardless where they are staying since the dues are paid in any case?

So I could park my car there all year?

Only if you agree to pay the dues on a points equivalent of a stay for the entire year.

Otherwise, getting parking included for the nights of accommodations that you are paying for with points would make the most logical sense...

Only if you agree to pay the dues on a points equivalent of a stay for the entire year.

Otherwise, getting parking included for the nights of accommodations that you are paying for with points would make the most logical sense...
-that's a fair point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter