Parking at Boardwalk

We've seen many guests pull out the strollers and backpacks at the GFV parking lot and head for the monorail. They aren't there for the villas.

I agree with you that people definitely do abuse the parking system. I used to work at a deluxe and saw attempts frequently.

Sometimes we will drive to Disney Springs or a restaurant at another resort, drive back to our own hotel, park and head straight for the park without stopping at our villa. With toddlers, we always have our stroller and backpack with us. We did this a couple times staying at Poly on our last trip. Drove off to do something else, drove back to Poly and hopped on the monorail to MK without stopping by our villa. Did the same on our VGF trip before that. If you saw us you may have thought we were not guests of the resort when in fact we were!

Again, totally agree that many non resort guests use the parking for easy access to the parks. But there are guests of the resort that may go from car to the park without stopping at their room or villa. We do this a few times a trip when we have a car with us.

Last edited:
To put this to rest once and for all, I emailed Disney regarding this policy. The following is a direct cut and paste of their reply....

Pipper Chambers (Disney)

Nov 5, 12:58 PM EST

Dear Xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The daily parking fees and information at the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, can be found at our website: Parking Fees.

You are welcome to park your vehicle at your resort and use our complimentary transportation to get around the property.
Parking fees applied as a resort guest, allow you to park only at your resort and at the Theme and Water Parks. Guests can only park at a different resort, if they are a guest at that resort or if they are have dining reservations at that resort.

Guests staying at one of our Resorts receive complimentary parking at our Theme Parks for the length of their stay.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Pipper Chambers
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

We visit Hershey Park a lot and the lot for their Chocolate World center is free and in walking distance to the park entrance. They solve this by giving a ticket on the way in and you get 3 hours free parking. From 3-5 hours you are charged $15 and after 5 hours is $40. Maybe if WDW did this at the deluxe resorts it would cut down on parking problems a ton.

We also go to Hershey Park. We park on the grassy area across the street along with hundreds of other guests. Easy breezy access to the park, & free.

Unfortunately until they start issuing timed parking tickets at the resorts there is no way to control the parking. At many but not all of the resorts all you have to say is you are there to eat or shop & they wave you in. I'm staying at BWV right now & the parking is ridiculous. I went out to my car to grab a case of water & there were at least 10 cars circling the lot looking for spots. This resort does not have ample parking for the hotel guests then you add those who come to eat on the Boardwalk and there is nothing left. As others have stated once Illuminations is over the lot clears until people come back from where ever else they went during the day. On another trip when I was also staying at Boardwalk they wouldn't even let me park in the lot by the convention center one day because there was some supposed big convention going on but the lot was more than 3/4 empty because they wouldn't let the Hotel guests in to park.

To put this to rest once and for all, I emailed Disney regarding this policy. The following is a direct cut and paste of their reply....

Pipper Chambers (Disney)

Nov 5, 12:58 PM EST

Dear Xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The daily parking fees and information at the Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, can be found at our website: Parking Fees.

You are welcome to park your vehicle at your resort and use our complimentary transportation to get around the property.
Parking fees applied as a resort guest, allow you to park only at your resort and at the Theme and Water Parks. Guests can only park at a different resort, if they are a guest at that resort or if they are have dining reservations at that resort.

Guests staying at one of our Resorts receive complimentary parking at our Theme Parks for the length of their stay.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Pipper Chambers
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Also states in link

Day Guests

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels

Boardwalk included. So doesn’t have to be an adr

Attachments

• C6F4F608-F0EB-4B52-9E3B-B2C54A9EA5D3.png
    C6F4F608-F0EB-4B52-9E3B-B2C54A9EA5D3.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 2
Also states in link

Day Guests

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels

Boardwalk included. So doesn’t have to be an adr

Glad you quoted that. Note that it specifically says "AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS". It does not say "theme parks".

The email is VERY clear regarding what you think is ok...isnt ok.

Glad you quoted that. Note that it specifically says "AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS". It does not say "theme parks".

The email is VERY clear regarding what you think is ok...isnt ok.

Correct. Everyone said I was wrong or just lucky for parking at boardwalk and walking around. I told them I was allowed too. Thanks for posting

No, you cannot. You'll find signs posted at many of the deluxe resorts when you enter the parking lot at the guard shack that states they cannot provide parking for non-resort guests. If you are a resort guest and pay for parking at your resort, that is all you are entitled to have.

Check out link provided By poster
Disbuckman. So yes you can park at another Disney resort and enjoy the hotels recreation like boardwalk

They may have let you, but that is not the policy.
If you are not staying at the resort or eating at a restaurant at the resort, you are not supposed to be parking there.
Now we have driven to different resorts and asked to go in and check out the resort and we have been let in, but the parking lots also were not full.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

Poly is equally bad. It's amazing how its lot empties out after MK closes.

You pay to park at YOUR resort...not any resort. As said above, if any resort is fair game, why are there tiered parking fees? People who stay at deluxe resorts are paying more for the amenities...and location/proximity to
And then you LEFT the hotel and went to a theme park. That's ... not the way it works. Even IF a CM says you're allowed to do it, it's WILDLY inconsiderate. Move your car.

Again. I stated first I parked at boardwalk to enjoy the boardwalk and was told by all the know it alls here I couldn’t. Parking was only for my resort. Wrong again.

Yes I did park the next day as well at yacht and walked to Epcot. Was told by 3 cms I could.

Correct. Everyone said I was wrong or just lucky for parking at boardwalk and walking around. I told them I was allowed too. Thanks for posting

That is not what you've been saying...and certainly not what people are disagreeing with you about. You've been saying that it's ok to park at resorts like Boardwalk and go to Epcot, because your parking fee at one resort (CBR, in your example) makes it ok to park at any of them to spend the day in the parks.

The email from Disney explicitly states differently.

Honestly, at this point, I'm of the opinion that you're simply trolling.

Again. I stated first I parked at boardwalk to enjoy the boardwalk and was told by all the know it alls here I couldn’t. Parking was only for my resort. Wrong again.

Yes I did park the next day as well at yacht and walked to Epcot. Was told by 3 cms I could.

At the risk of getting infraction points for what I really want to say, I just hope you never have to circle a parking lot because inconsiderate people decided to park there to get a closer spot to a theme park.

That is not what you've been saying...and certainly not what people are disagreeing with you about. You've been saying that it's ok to park at resorts like Boardwalk and go to Epcot, because your parking fee at one resort (CBR, in your example) makes it ok to park at any of them to spend the day in the parks.

The email from Disney explicitly states differently.

Honestly, at this point, I'm of the opinion that you're simply trolling.

Read again. I stated how I parked at boardwalk to enjoy the recreation and some posters stated I cannot use other resort parking for that and I was lucky to have the lot attendant let me in. I stated what three different people stated 2 cms at CBR and one at boardwalk that I can enjoy the boardwalk. I also did state as told by cms I can park at yacht club for adr and leave my car there to walk to boardwalk.

So no troll and story never changed haha.
So your post showed we can park at any hotel for recreation which I always said. So the rules do say for hotel use only. But also I always said I was told by employees that I could so I did. I should troll cause u guys get so worked up it’s great.

At the risk of getting infraction points for what I really want to say, I just hope you never have to circle a parking lot because inconsiderate people decided to park there to get a closer spot to a theme park.

Wrong again. I didn’t park there just for a closer spot to park. I parked there cause I had a an adr and was told I could walk right to park. Wow. Relax.

Read again. I stated how I parked at boardwalk to enjoy the recreation and some posters stated I cannot use other resort parking for that and I was lucky to have the lot attendant let me in. I stated what three different people stated 2 cms at CBR and one at boardwalk that I can enjoy the boardwalk. I also did state as told by cms I can park at yacht club for adr and leave my car there to walk to boardwalk.

So no troll and story never changed haha.
So your post showed we can park at any hotel for recreation which I always said. So the rules do say for hotel use only. But also I always said I was told by employees that I could so I did. I should troll cause u guys get so worked up it’s great.

Let me attempt to be more clear, since you don't seem to understand at all:

1. Have not seen one single person say it's not ok to drive to an ADR. That's universally accepted, always has been. On-site...off-site...doesn't matter. It's ALWAYS been ok to drive to a resort to an ADR.

2. What's not ok is to leave your car at a resort to visit a park afterwards. That's what everyone has taken exception to. You state that 3 cast members said it was ok...fine. People here have stated that sometimes Disney cast members give out wrong information. I don't know if it's poor training or what. I've posted an email stating official Disney policy regarding this, yet you continue to argue about it...and even encourage others to do it in another thread.

3. You started a thread asking if this practice was ok BEFORE your most recent trip, and were correctly told exactly what Disney policy is, and went ahead and did what you wanted to anyway.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hotel-breakfast-parking.3707035/

Let me attempt to be more clear, since you don't seem to understand at all:

1. Have not seen one single person say it's not ok to drive to an ADR. That's universally accepted, always has been. On-site...off-site...doesn't matter. It's ALWAYS been ok to drive to a resort to an ADR.

2. What's not ok is to leave your car at a resort to visit a park afterwards. That's what everyone has taken exception to. You state that 3 cast members said it was ok...fine. People here have stated that sometimes Disney cast members give out wrong information. I don't know if it's poor training or what. I've posted an email stating official Disney policy regarding this, yet you continue to argue about it...and even encourage others to do it in another thread.

3. You started a thread asking if this practice was ok BEFORE your most recent trip, and were correctly told exactly what Disney policy is, and went ahead and did what you wanted to anyway.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hotel-breakfast-parking.3707035/

Incorrect again.

Deb and bill tag stated I can’t park where I please just cause I have paid at CBR and that was in response to me enjoying the boardwalk (not park) without an adr.

Yes I did ask that question about parking and walking to Epcot before my trip. That’s why as I stated I asked numerous cast members at the parks to make sure. Got the same answer from everyone. Yes you paid for parking here so u can park there. And when I asked about adr then epcott. Stated yes.
So I will leave it that. I followed all direction.

Also in rules where does it say paying resort parking guest can’t park and go to park. I see where it says day guests. But what about overnight paid Parker’s? Maybe a technicality. Did I miss it. If so my mistake.

Also in rules where does it say paying resort parking guest can’t park and go to park. I see where it says day guests. But what about overnight paid Parker’s? Maybe a technicality. Did I miss it. If so my mistake.

You cannot be this obtuse.

Did you not even read the email I posted from Disney above? Let me refresh your memory...

"Parking fees applied as a resort guest, allow you to park ONLY AT YOUR RESORT AND AT THE THEME AND WATER PARKS. Guests can only park at a different resort, if they are a guest at that resort or if they are have dining reservations at that resort."

I've bolded, colored, enlarged, and capitalized the part that answers your question.

I'm guessing you'll still want to argue about it, though.

A Disney resort guest can park for free at the theme parks. The resort parking fee allows you to park overnight at your resort.
If you are going to a resort you are not staying at, you're a day guest and only supposed to park there to visit that resort. You can also be turned away if the lot is too full. There is no difference between onsite and offsite for day guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter