Parking at Boardwalk

A Disney resort guest can park for free at the theme parks. The resort parking fee allows you to park overnight at your resort.
If you are going to a resort you are not staying at, you're a day guest and only supposed to park there to visit that resort. You can also be turned away if the lot is too full. There is no difference between onsite and offsite for day guests.

100% correct.

If you are not paying for parking at the resort you're visiting, you are a day guest there, and day guest rules apply...plain and simple. Does not matter if you're paying for parking at another resort.

I've quoted Disney policy twice now that specifically states that your parking fees cover parking at YOUR resort (the resort you're staying at) and theme parks ONLY.

But...I have a feeling we're not done "discussing" it.

You cannot be this obtuse.

Did you not even read the email I posted from Disney above? Let me refresh your memory...

"Parking fees applied as a resort guest, allow you to park ONLY AT YOUR RESORT AND AT THE THEME AND WATER PARKS. Guests can only park at a different resort, if they are a guest at that resort or if they are have dining reservations at that resort."

I've bolded, colored, enlarged, and capitalized the part that answers your question.

I'm guessing you'll still want to argue about it, though.

I can be obtuse. Again. I’m stating I did what I was told I could do. Relax little buddy.

It's baffling that, regardless of what someone is told, they continue to stubbornly dig in and not even consider for one second that what they did might have been discourteous.

The ignore button is a great tool, though!

Last edited:
It's baffling that, regardless of what someone is told, they continue to stubbornly dig in and not even consider for one second that what they did might have been discourteous.

The ignore button is a great tool, though!

Not digging simply defending that I was told I could visit boardwalk and park for adr. People just keep poking at me and I respond.

Incorrect again.

Deb and bill tag stated I can’t park where I please just cause I have paid at CBR and that was in response to me enjoying the boardwalk (not park) without an adr.

Yes I did ask that question about parking and walking to Epcot before my trip. That’s why as I stated I asked numerous cast members at the parks to make sure. Got the same answer from everyone. Yes you paid for parking here so u can park there. And when I asked about adr then epcott. Stated yes.
So I will leave it that. I followed all direction.

Also in rules where does it say paying resort parking guest can’t park and go to park. I see where it says day guests. But what about overnight paid Parker’s? Maybe a technicality. Did I miss it. If so my mistake.
I posted that you will find signs at the entrance to the parking lot that say they cannot provide parking for non-resort guests. The signs usually reference theme park parking specifically.

Not digging simply defending that I was told I could visit boardwalk and park for adr. People just keep poking at me and I respond.

I don't think anyone was arguing with that part. It was the parking at a resort and going to a park that people objected to.

I think everyone believes you when you say you were told by 3 different CM's that you can leave your car at a resort after your ADR and then go to a park.

I'm not sure if you ever stayed at a Deluxe resort, but you might feel differently if you've ever experienced not being able to find a parking spot at your resort because of the amount of people who do leave their car after an ADR and go to a park.

What you do moving forward is completely up to you. But don't be surprised if you are told or reminded on your next trip by the gate attendant that resort parking is limited to ADR's only.

You asked the people you were supposed too and then followed their directions. Notice Disney doesn’t have any of the people giving you grief on the payroll as I doubt they would want any of them speaking for Disney, non of these people even know if the higher ups even want to enforce this rule, they will tell you they know but it’s just what they want to believe.

You asked the people you were supposed too and then followed their directions. Notice Disney doesn’t have any of the people giving you grief on the payroll as I doubt they would want any of them speaking for Disney, non of these people even know if the higher ups even want to enforce this rule, they will tell you they know but it’s just what they want to believe.

Excellent points.

We want to park at BWI to go to Jellyrolls, which doesn't have ADRs. Will this be a problem? It's a bit ironic because we're checking to BWI the next day, but want to Jellyrolls the night before.

I think its really going to depend on the person at the gate and how full the parking lot is.
We have been able to park at a resort when we just wanted to look around at the resort.
Technically, now they are not supposed to let you do that. You are supposed to be able to park if you are staying there or have ADRs at a restaurant there.
In this case, its hit or miss.
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter