parking at Miami port?

gumbypee

DIS Veteran
Anyone have tips on where to park in Miami? at the port or cheaper places?

Thanks

Miami is my least favorite port to park. Port parking is expensive, but off site is so far away and not as secure. We did offsite in August, but I was not impressed and would probably just suck up the port parking fee if I drive to Miami again.

Miami is my least favorite port to park. Port parking is expensive, but off site is so far away and not as secure. We did offsite in August, but I was not impressed and would probably just suck up the port parking fee if I drive to Miami again.

good to know,thanks!

I lived in Miami for over 10 years, most of that time worked either downtown or in the port. I only leave my car at the port when cruising. Tried a couple of offsites and regretted each time.

Look at it this way: parking space is a premium downtown. When working downtown I paid A LOT for parking and often this was in an empty lot where a building had just been torn down .... if someone is offering low cost parking in Miami, well do the math .....

This is one of the prices you pay when the cruise port is smack downtown. Try finding low cost parking for a cruise out of Manhattan.

There is some decent off site parking for the airport - safe and lower cost than airport parking ... but you'll have to add in the costs of getting there and back (airport taxi is $27 to the port)

Thanks guys-I think we will suck it up and park at port for more secure parking.

Appreciate y’all input!

Any issues with parking availability at the POM on the day of a cruise? I've read that as the debarkers leave, it opens for the embarkers.

I've never heard of it getting full. On average the folks leaving will be near the same number as arriving.

If the cruise is one way - departing or arriving - those folks tend to not park at the port .....

But also note that arriving super early can be an issue .... better to let those folks leaving LEAVE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!