Parking at other resorts

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
If I am staying on-site, and I have already paid for parking at my hotel, am I able to park at other Disney hotels for free? I seen to recall reading somewhere that if you have a reservation you can get free parking for a period, but what if you don’t, or there isn’t a table service restaurant? Was thinking about popping to All Star Movies to order off the secret menu, for example.

If I am staying on-site, and I have already paid for parking at my hotel, am I able to park at other Disney hotels for free? I seen to recall reading somewhere that if you have a reservation you can get free parking for a period, but what if you don’t, or there isn’t a table service restaurant? Was thinking about popping to All Star Movies to order off the secret menu, for example.

The only resort parking that incurs a parking fee is overnight parking at the resort you are registered at. Visiting, eating at, or shopping at a resort does not incur a fee. Unless it's a very busy time with the lot full, you may have to pay for Valet if you don't have an ADR.

At peak times, you may not be allowed to park at the monorail resorts if you don't have a table service ADR.

At peak times, you may not be allowed to park at the monorail resorts if you don't have a table service ADR.
Monorail resorts not much of an issue, as I can park at the TTC. Thanks for the responses.

I was turned away from Fort Wilderness on Sunday. We were planning to do Chip and Dale’s campfire singalong, but with no reservations for something at the Fort, we were not allowed to park. Visibly, the parking lot seemed to have a ton of spaces left, but there was a sign they were at capacity and the attendant wouldn’t let us in.

I have been turned away from parking at BWV on certain days during the food and wine festival when staying off site a few years ago. One day it was ok to park, the next day it wasn’t. The guard didn’t say why but I suspected it was related to how filled the resort rooms were. Nowadays the Epcot resorts are even more jammed and after Star Wars land opens, I would imagine unless you have a dining reservation it will be a no go. Even with one, I am not sure I would count on it. Take an Uber to the Epcot resorts with the masses to avoid being turned away and missing your ADR.

Has anyone done this at a Moderate? We’re staying at CSR without a car, but my mom is staying off-site. She may come watch our kiddos one evening so we can have a date night. Would she have any issues parking her car there for the evening (probably 6p-11p or something like that)?

Has anyone done this at a Moderate? We’re staying at CSR without a car, but my mom is staying off-site. She may come watch our kiddos one evening so we can have a date night. Would she have any issues parking her car there for the evening (probably 6p-11p or something like that)?

It should be okay as long as she has your name and room number. CSR is huge and a convention resort away from the theme parks, so ample parking with few people gate crashing.

Unless you have a dining reservation, no. We tried to go to contemporary and boardwalk and were denied with both.

Parking is sometimes restricted at the deluxes near theme parks, but she won’t have any trouble at a moderate like CSR, especially since she’s visiting a guest. They’ll probably ask her for a photo ID.

I was turned away from Fort Wilderness on Sunday. We were planning to do Chip and Dale’s campfire singalong, but with no reservations for something at the Fort, we were not allowed to park. Visibly, the parking lot seemed to have a ton of spaces left, but there was a sign they were at capacity and the attendant wouldn’t let us in.
Just because there are spaces do not mean they are (or should be) available to day guests. Resort guests who may be checking in, coming from a theme park to their paid resort booking, etc., need to be able to park on arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!