Parking Fee added to my points reservation

dcfromva

No horsing around, Christmas is coming!
I don't know what happened with my reservation, but when I checked in to the Boardwalk Villas a couple of weeks ago --the cast member said there would be a charge for parking. I advised the CM I was staying on points and there isn't supposed to be a charge for parking. The CM made a phone call and then assured me everything was okay.

When I checked out, there was a parking fee added to each night's stay. It was of course taken off when I brought it to the attention of the front desk.

So, be sure and review your bill!

It sounds like someone at the resort, who is generally not familiar with the intricacies of booking a DVC reservation, may have cancelled the reservation (maybe because of an issue with the room) and rebooked it as a cash room. When the resorts change reservations, things often get messed up.

Check your point balance, and make sure they also didn't try to borrow points for the reservation, instead of using current use year points.

Last edited:
Not directly related, but I was on a cash room reservation, 3 of us adults in a room (Yacht Club). (I do not pay parking because I am a CM). I got charged on my CC, for something, and thought it was a parking fee. When I called, it was an extra fee for the 3rd adult in the room. However, I already paid that uncharge, when I booked the room, I made it for 3 adults and the room charge did include it. They removed the charge, said they were not sure how it happened. Hmm. I was annoyed because I almost missed it on my bill.

It sounds like someone at the resort, who is generally not familiar with the intricacies of booking a DVC reservation, may have cancelled the reservation (maybe because of an issue with the room) and rebooked it as a cash room. When the resorts change reservations, things often get messed up.

Check your point balance, and make sure they also didn't try to borrow points for the reservation, instead of using current use year points.
Chuck,
I think that is what happened because the CM said something about the ressie had been cancelled which was confusing because I didn't cancel it. I had a moment of panic wondering if I had a room at all! But, all was well. Based on your recommendation I did check my points balance and it was correct. Thanks for the insight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter