Parking fee increase

While no one is happy with any price increases at anytime, it is going to happen. If a $3 parking increase upsets him enough to not want to go then, to me at least, it doesn't sound like he would have had a good trip to begin with. You probably shouldn't let him know about the snack/water increases from 2 weeks ago:

Some of the price increases in Disney World include:
  • Bottled Water: was $3.00, now $3.50
  • Regular Fountain Beverages: was $3.29, now $3.99
  • Large Fountain Beverages: was $3.49, now $4.49
  • Smartwater: was $4.50, now $5.50
  • Coffee: was $2.79, now $3.29
  • Churros: was $5.19, now $5.89
  • Mickey Pretzels: was $6.00, now $7.00
  • Mickey Ice Cream Bar/Other Ice Cream Bars: was $5.00, now $5.75
  • Dole Whip went up $0.50 from $4.49 to $4.99
  • Soft Serve Ice Cream: was $3.99, now $4.49
  • Cookie Sundae: was $5.49, now $5.99
  • Strawberry Sundae: was $4.99, now $5.49
  • Hot Fudge Sundae: was was $4.99, now $5.49
You will be spending a few thousand for a trip usually, $3 parking shouldn't effect anyone to that degree. Well.... except the Dole Whip increase, that one really bothers me lol. For how many we buy, that one hurts!

All very true. I'm happy we have done it for the past 40 years, We have always loved it but have come to realize these increases will keep happening at a record pace. I think the balloon cost on Main Street for the little ones got to me. LOL

All very true. I'm happy we have done it for the past 40 years, We have always loved it but have come to realize these increases will keep happening at a record pace. I think the balloon cost on Main Street for the little ones got to me. LOL
It's still a day at Disney so it will be a great day. I have been fortunate and I got to go many times this year, but it will be awhile before I return after my December trip. The price increases for many things over the past years have made other options for vacationing much more enticing. ENJOY your trip!

Well, we bought the tickets last night (thankfully) now parking has increased to 25.00. DH just said to enjoy our trip because he's done.

Wow. I'd just skip coffee one morning to make that up and still have a nice vacation.

The parking going up to $25 is not that bad. What I find ridiculous is the increase for preferred parking to $50. Really? Come on...

Meh. I paid $40 to park in grass to watch the Dolphins get their rear ends kicked.

$25 for all day parking? It is what it is.....

The parking going up to $25 is not that bad. What I find ridiculous is the increase for preferred parking to $50. Really? Come on...

What's so preferred about it anyways? Don't trams run through the whole parking lot? Is it valet or something? Why does it matter to park close? I never understood that.

What's so preferred about it anyways? Don't trams run through the whole parking lot? Is it valet or something? Why does it matter to park close? I never understood that.

That's my point. It's like, slightly closer, but really, you could end up walking LESS by parking further away and taking a tram. It's such a scam.

That's my point. It's like, slightly closer, but really, you could end up walking LESS by parking further away and taking a tram. It's such a scam.

Better yet, utilize the free shuttle that just about any Disney area offsite hotel offers to the parks and don't pay anything at all!!

Wow. I'd just skip coffee one morning to make that up and still have a nice vacation.

For us, it's actually just the accumulation of fees over the past few years and the overall need for so much planning. I think because we have been going for so many years, things like having to pay to park at resorts, needing ADR's for almost everything and now the new tickets structure. it's a bit much. Bit as was said in another post new families will visit and will adapt to all of this. :)

You will be spending a few thousand for a trip usually, $3 parking shouldn't effect anyone to that degree. Well.... except the Dole Whip increase, that one really bothers me lol. For how many we buy, that one hurts!

Well, not necessarily. Parking fees affect offsite guests, not on, and us offsite people get good bargains. Renting a 2BR timeshare that can sleep 8 for <$1,000, a fullsize rental car is <$250 for a week. Sure there's flights and park tickets to bring it up to the $2,000-$2,999 range depending on how many people you are and where you're coming from, but the parking fees are a good chunk of the total.

I agree that it's more of a psychological impact ($25/day after I paid $xxx for tickets!) than a real one though ($3/day increase x 5 park days = $15).

Well, not necessarily. Parking fees affect offsite guests, not on, and us offsite people get good bargains. Renting a 2BR timeshare that can sleep 8 for <$1,000, a fullsize rental car is <$250 for a week. Sure there's flights and park tickets to bring it up to the $2,000-$2,999 range depending on how many people you are and where you're coming from, but the parking fees are a good chunk of the total.

I agree that it's more of a psychological impact ($25/day after I paid $xxx for tickets!) than a real one though ($3/day increase x 5 park days = $15).
I think you may have taken my comment a little out of context. The OP stated that her husband said "enjoy your trip because he's done". My comment was to basically say that a $15 increase to the cost of a few thousand dollar trip shouldn't affect anyone to that degree.

I think your $2-3000 is low, to add to your $1250 for hotel and car - 4 park tickets for 5 days (non PH) will be $1700+(low times), flights will be ~$600, then there is food for the week, maybe ~$700(will be more). So we are at $4250+ with the tickets costing the most, almost 40% and the OP bought her tickets before the increase, thankfully.

Please don't take me wrong, I AGREE with your post 100%, and I am not backing their price increase, but it's business and we are giving it to them in droves. Until people stop going to Disney and they start showing a decrease in attendance/revenue they will continue to raise their bottom line by increasing their prices. Just like any business out there...

I think you may have taken my comment a little out of context. The OP stated that her husband said "enjoy your trip because he's done". My comment was to basically say that a $15 increase to the cost of a few thousand dollar trip shouldn't affect anyone to that degree.

I think your $2-3000 is low, to add to your $1250 for hotel and car - 4 park tickets for 5 days (non PH) will be $1700+(low times), flights will be ~$600, then there is food for the week, maybe ~$700(will be more). So we are at $4250+ with the tickets costing the most, almost 40% and the OP bought her tickets before the increase, thankfully.

Please don't take me wrong, I AGREE with your post 100%, and I am not backing their price increase, but it's business and we are giving it to them in droves. Until people stop going to Disney and they start showing a decrease in attendance/revenue they will continue to raise their bottom line by increasing their prices. Just like any business out there...

Sorry, didn't mean to pick nits. Final tally depends on size of family, of course. I would be spending less on tickets, but more on flights compared to your numbers. Food I never count as part of a trip cost, especially offsite (cook breakfast at unit, pack snacks, $16 at timeshare for a delicious pizza that feeds 3 with leftovers for 1), because I have to eat at home too :P

Sorry, didn't mean to pick nits. Final tally depends on size of family, of course. I would be spending less on tickets, but more on flights compared to your numbers. Food I never count as part of a trip cost, especially offsite (cook breakfast at unit, pack snacks, $16 at timeshare for a delicious pizza that feeds 3 with leftovers for 1), because I have to eat at home too :P
Sorry back for the nit picking... We stay on site and always do breakfast in the room before we leave (garden grocer or Amazon pantry delivery) and bring snacks in with us as well. But it is Disney and it will be expensive no matter what you do, it's just that in the last 2 weeks we got hit with a lot of increases that have an effect on EVERYONE. Snack/water increase, ticket increase, MB cost increase and parking - so most are in the ugh phase right now.

I'm sure that there are some (many?) that are taking a second look at this vacation destination and wondering if their dollars are better spent somewhere else. A $3 parking increase does actually pay a part in that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!