Parking Fees

RyMickey

Disney Freak
First time to Disney since the parking fees went into effect and a few questions:

1) We are DVC and are staying on points at Boardwalk so I know we don’t have to pay for parking. We also have friends who are staying onsite with bought points at Old Key West so I know their parking is covered as well. Are they able to drive to our resort and park there to pool hop/eat a meal with us? Is there a stated limit anywhere to the amount of time? (I know Boardwalk parking is limited and I don’t even know if they’ll actually do this. I was just wondering.)

2) What’s the policy when it comes to eating a meal at a resort? Is there a legitimate stated policy? We plan on eating a late breakfast at the Grand Floridian and we’re contemplating staying at the pool in the afternoon. Any time limit on this?

I’m not attempting to buck the system but I’m legitimately wondering if there is any stated policy regarding the parking policy. As stated, we’re DVC members staying on points so our parking is “paid for” in that regard.

No problem with your friends parking at BWV, as long as there is room. The parking fee is for overnight parking only. Typically for a meal, they allow 3 hours parking at a resort where you are not staying. Not sure if that includes pool hopping.

Boardwalk is one of the resorts that will shut down parking to all but resort guests - especially during event times. I'd always go up there just hoping to be allowed to park vs assuming it will be allowed.

If a dinner is reserved at a resort, they will almost always let you park at the resort, if you tell them you have a dinner reservation. I don't know for sure, but I believe they have a way to verify that you actually have a reservation.

Visitors can usually stay all day, without parking fees or problems. It is only if you stay overnight that they start to impose fees, unless you are staying there with DVC. Of course, as someone stated, this does assume the parking lot isn't too full, so that they are being very strict about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!