Parking for Ale and Compass

BrotherBear

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I have lunch reservations for New Years Eve at Ale and Compass. We are staying on site (Contemporary) and want to drive to our lunch. (We are headed off site immediately after this meal)

Will the Yacht Club allow us to park for the lunch reservation (probably around 2 hours max?) or do I need to figure out disney transportation to/from contemporary/yacht club?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have lunch reservations for New Years Eve at Ale and Compass. We are staying on site (Contemporary) and want to drive to our lunch. (We are headed off site immediately after this meal)

Will the Yacht Club allow us to park for the lunch reservation (probably around 2 hours max?) or do I need to figure out disney transportation to/from contemporary/yacht club?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
On NYE? Even for lunch I'd grab an Uber, Lyft or Minnie van. Another option would be to walk to MK buses and hop on the Yacht Club bus.

If they have room, you should be able to park there. However, that time of year is very busy and I would not count on there being room to park at any resort.
I would agree with taking Uber, a cab or valet.

I’d budget 90 minutes to drive there. Traffic is crazy on NYE, especially around lunch time.

Past experiences may not guarantee future results......but I think you’ll be ok.

We have parked at the Beach Club with confirmed ADRs on two NYEs over the past 6 or 7 years. Last time we were staying at the GF, time before that the WL I think. We didn’t have any trouble parking. Once we did valet, once we didn’t. Also, while traffic IS nuts on NYE, traffic in the direction from the Contemporary to the Yacht/Beach club around lunch time wasn’t nearly as bad (either time) as the traffic streaming into the Epcot and MK parking lots, and last time driving back to the GF after the NYE illuminations was pretty quick.

Always a good idea to have a resort parking placard displayed, and they’ll scan your magic band, look for your ADR, and I always play up the DVC angle and have TIW at the ready.....but parking at those times is limited to guests with resort reservations and those with confirmed ADRs, and it usually works out.

Maybe I’ll see you at Ale & Compass on the 31st....we have a 12:05 reservation!

If you're not going back to the Contemporary, you shouldn't have a problem driving and parking. The real problem is going to be getting back to your car at the MK area because that traffic is RIDICULOUS on NYE, starting even as early as 8 a.m. - it just gets more packed and you will likely spend over an hour just waiting to get to the turn-off to get back to the Contemporary.

YC/BC is a lot easier to park at these days now that Convention Center construction is almost finished and the parking areas that were used for construction staging have been reopened. And there is an overflow lot across the street that they will use and shuttle people on a golf cart across to the main entrance.

By 1am, after the NYE fireworks, all of the traffic is headed out of the MK. Last time we did Epcot on NYE we didn’t hit much traffic headed back toward the MK and the Grand Floridian. The drive from the Beach Club was less than a half an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!