Parking in Waikiki

gregf71

Mouseketeer
We are returning to Aulani in July and decided to introduce our daughter to Waikiki for a little bit during our stay, most probably on a Saturday. Any recommendations or advice for parking down there? We are thinking a few hours or so, after lunch elsewhere, most likely checking out the beach and possibly some window (or real) shopping before popping over to the Ala Moana shopping center. Mahalo!

One trip we parked at the Ala Moana shopping center and took the trolley over. The last 2 trips we have parked at the Royal Hawaiian parking garage. ( I think that is what it was called)

On trips that we’ve stayed in Ko Olina for the whole time, we’ve parked in the metered carpark at the Post Office in Saratoga Road (near Trump).

There is now parking at the newly renovated International Marketplace - I’d park there.

One trip we parked at the Ala Moana shopping center and took the trolley over.
This would be my suggestion since you're ending at Ala Moana Center anyhow. They have ample parking, which I think is free? I'm not sure. From there, you can take the trolley to almost anywhere in Waikiki with frequent stops. It requires exact change for each person, from what I remember.

We stayed at the Hyatt close to the Waikiki Banyon condos parking deck and parked there every day of our stay. It was half the price of the Hyatt. We were glad we parked there and had no problems.

This would be my suggestion since you're ending at Ala Moana Center anyhow. They have ample parking, which I think is free? I'm not sure. From there, you can take the trolley to almost anywhere in Waikiki with frequent stops. It requires exact change for each person, from what I remember.

Yes parking at the Ala Moana mall is free and ample. I would also park there and take the free trolley to get to the "heart" of Waikiki. My daughter and I stayed a few nights in Waikiki and took the trolley back and forth to Ala Moana mall. Or if you are wanting to save time, a cab ride is fast and easy. They have a couple of different trolley companies and there is one that is free.

Park at the Zoo, the parking is cheapest there and you can walk to most parts of Waikiki. There is free parking if you know how to find it, but can be difficult to find. Might require driving around for a while. If you can find parking along the canal, it's only 3 blocks to the beach.

One trip we parked at the Ala Moana shopping center and took the trolley over. The last 2 trips we have parked at the Royal Hawaiian parking garage. ( I think that is what it was called)

Both times we also parked at the Royal Hawaiian Center. The first time we bought some food, 2nd time I bought something from the LeSportsac store. 4 hrs was enough time to do what we wanted.

Info from their website:

Directions And Parking
Royal Hawaiian Center has the largest garage in the heart of Waikiki with 10 levels of parking and more than 600 stalls. The parking garage entrance is located up the ramp on the right side of Royal Hawaiian Avenue. Effective August 1, 2019, Royal Hawaiian Center’s parking validation program offers FREE validated parking for the first and second hours and $2 per each hour for the next two hours. A minimum purchase of $10 is required for validation. Regular rates apply thereafter. Rates subject to change without notice.

Indeed! And this is exactly what we have decided to do...with dinner now planned that evening at the Shirokiya Japanese Village Walk in Ala Moana! Thanks for all of the input everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter