Parking Now $25

Wow, that's a lot of money. Why not just stay at Disney hotel with no car?
Well, perhaps that's why they are doing it. Discourage people from driving in Disney World and remain neatly inside the Disney Bubble.

Well, perhaps that's why they are doing it. Discourage people from driving in Disney World and remain neatly inside the Disney Bubble.

Are they? or are they driving people away?

If you drive to disney and stay onsite, you're now paying no matter what.

Pretty soon you're going to need to fill out a credit app and sign papework before your vacation starts.

Pretty soon you're going to need to fill out a credit app and sign papework before your vacation starts.
I am surprised they didn't announce a resort parking increase.

I wouldn't be surprised to just see parking the same all across the board .. just $25 .. whether you park at a hotel or the parks.

With just getting an AP . .I feel that I am encouraged to stay offsite now since you get free parking at the parks, but NOT the resorts. This upcoming trip I am grandfathered in with no parking fee at the resort, but for our other trips .. It is really going to rub me the wrong way to pay an extra $100 or so to park at a resort despite having an AP. Can I just park at one of theme parks and leave my car there for days? LOL.

I am surprised they didn't announce a resort parking increase.

I wouldn't be surprised to just see parking the same all across the board .. just $25 .. whether you park at a hotel or the parks.

With just getting an AP . .I feel that I am encouraged to stay offsite now since you get free parking at the parks, but NOT the resorts. This upcoming trip I am grandfathered in with no parking fee at the resort, but for our other trips .. It is really going to rub me the wrong way to pay an extra $100 or so to park at a resort despite having an AP. Can I just park at one of theme parks and leave my car there for days? LOL.
We bought out aps in August, I have serious case of buyers remorse.

Stuff like this is why I likely will never stay at a Disney resort. I can get a hotel with a bigger room, no parking fee, and free shuttle to and from the parks.

Thanks Disney for making my decision just that much easier!!

That is nuts, but my local park went from $8 to $20 in the middle of the summer, so it isn't completely out of line.

That is nuts, but my local park went from $8 to $20 in the middle of the summer, so it isn't completely out of line.

You're local park probably doesnt have hotels, nor the amount of restaurants that Disney has, and probably isn't as expensive as Disney is.

i paid $400 for 4 seasons passes for my family of 4 at our local theme park (Carowinds). that includes free admission to the park all season long, discounts on food, beverage, and merchandiser, and free parking for the year.

I can't get my family of 4 into Disney for one day for under $400.

You're local park probably doesnt have hotels, nor the amount of restaurants that Disney has, and probably isn't as expensive as Disney is.

i paid $400 for 4 seasons passes for my family of 4 at our local theme park (Carowinds). that includes free admission to the park all season long, discounts on food, beverage, and merchandiser, and free parking for the year.

I can't get my family of 4 into Disney for one day for under $400.
Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it and hate parking fees, but it doesn't surprise me. I don't think there are any restaurants that require a parking fee and not a park visit.

This was our first year as AP Holders. I stayed on property in February, April, September and we will be staying again in December and February. We are probably the perfect Disney vacationers in their eyes. We have all our meals on property, my daughter walks away with half a suitcase of souvenirs and we usually do one or two upcharge events. We enjoyed all our stays very much and have some great memories but I'm feeling a bit down with all the increases over the last few weeks. Not trying to be too melodramatic but every new announcement takes a little bit of the magic away. Sadly I'm leaning toward not renewing when our passes are up. I think if another increase were to hit (resort fees??) that would seal it for us.

You know, the increases don't usually bother me, but the cuts sure do! I'd gladly pay even more if it meant they could keep staff and entertainment CMs.
Amen. I’m used to price raises so every time one happens I kind of shrug. My family struggled for three years to finance a trip waiting for a divorce to finalize and if theres a will to go there’s a way and a determination

This was our first year as AP Holders. I stayed on property in February, April, September and we will be staying again in December and February. We are probably the perfect Disney vacationers in their eyes. We have all our meals on property, my daughter walks away with half a suitcase of souvenirs and we usually do one or two upcharge events. We enjoyed all our stays very much and have some great memories but I'm feeling a bit down with all the increases over the last few weeks. Not trying to be too melodramatic but every new announcement takes a little bit of the magic away. Sadly I'm leaning toward not renewing when our passes are up. I think if another increase were to hit (resort fees??) that would seal it for us.
Yes. It is the amount of price increases coupled with all of the ride and entertainment decreases in such a short amount of time that just has me rolling my eyes into the back of my head so hard every time I see something new posted. Looks like Disney is looking more and more desperate... is their bottom line looking that horrible right now? I can’t imagine so. But at this rate you’d think they were Sears trying to avoid bankruptcy.

We are going to WDW in April and we are staying off property this time. We got a 2500 sq ft house with its own pool for $1000 for the week. Even if I pay to park the 4 days we are going to the parks that brings it up to $1100. The ride to the park is shorter in time than waiting for a bus from most Disney hotels. I checked DVC rental for the same time frame and for my family size it would have been $4200 for the same time. I will miss the Disney Bubble for sure but they are really starting to price me out.

Being able to drive down will also save significant money on flights so paying to park at the parks, which there are other ways around, is minimal.

For our November 2016 trip, we priced staying on-site. For 7 days in a value resort, with "free" dining and six day non hopper tickets for a family of four was $4400. That did not include the rental car, cost of getting to WDW, etc.

We stayed off site, paid for parking and our total vacation cost was @$2400, with most of that for the cost of tickets. And, we stayed in a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen and living room and free parking.

We've been priced out of staying on property......

IMHO, Disney should give us a break on parking when you pay for tickets that are 4 or more days. Parking has become a sore spot for me. If our off property resorts did have shuttles, we'd gladly take them!

Disney bubble will burst. I can see they are preparing for Star War Land opening to rip people’s money, it can backfire, and only time will tell how many will walk away from Disney. Meanwhile 5 annual passes NOT renewed here.

Good point. What happens when we hit another recession? Things look great now, but we are due one. I believe I read the other day that this has been the 2nd longest time between recessions.

Our local Six Flags is up to $25 a day to park unless you have it free with your season pass - which we do. I see just as much of a price grab there as Disney....But I expect more from Disney - that's a destination trip to me not just something to fill the time on a random Saturday afternoon.
We weren't planning on going next year anyways to do another trip instead but now I'm kind of glad we got a trip in this year before all the cuts/increases.

Our local Six Flags is up to $25 a day to park unless you have it free with your season pass - which we do. I see just as much of a price grab there as Disney....But I expect more from Disney - that's a destination trip to me not just something to fill the time on a random Saturday afternoon.
We weren't planning on going next year anyways to do another trip instead but now I'm kind of glad we got a trip in this year before all the cuts/increases.
Six Flags pricing is pretty weird though. A day ticket is $65 here, parking $25. But a season pass with parking included cost me $55 this year. So I could pay $90 to go for a day, or $55 to go for the year including all their other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter