Parking Now $25

Disney bubble will burst. I can see they are preparing for Star War Land opening to rip people’s money, it can backfire, and only time will tell how many will walk away from Disney. Meanwhile 5 annual passes NOT renewed here.

I used to think people would get sick of the increases in pricing, along with all the things that have been taken away (like parades, cleanliness, service) but the lines keep getting longer and the prices keep going up. I wish people would stop going for a while, just enough to remind Disney not to screw over their loyal customers. But, I have no problem staying off property and going every other year.

Good point. What happens when we hit another recession? Things look great now, but we are due one. I believe I read the other day that this has been the 2nd longest time between recessions.

Massive massive discounts, probably bigger than the "buy 4 days get 3 days free with a $500 gift card" that disney gave us back in 2008 or 2009.

But they aren't worried about that, the people that will have to worry about it, aren't in the decision making chairs yet. What they're worried about is the next quarter, nothing else matters.

Last edited:

I used to think people would get sick of the increases in pricing, along with all the things that have been taken away (like parades, cleanliness, service) but the lines keep getting longer and the prices keep going up. I wish people would stop going for a while, just enough to remind Disney not to screw over their loyal customers. But, I have no problem staying off property and going every other year.

I think attendance is flat, and i dont think its all because people are waiting for Star Wars. I think we're already seeing an effect. But disney is making up for it by making more revenue from less guests who are paying more.

I can't tell you how many people i've read on this forum and others that have said they have backed off from annual trips to trips every other year or 3 years.

Disney bubble will burst. I can see they are preparing for Star War Land opening to rip people’s money, it can backfire, and only time will tell how many will walk away from Disney. Meanwhile 5 annual passes NOT renewed here.

You're right...they are gambling that Star Wars is their Universal Harry Potter...and something that let's them charge at will for 5-10 years...

Maybe they are right...and maybe they find out a lot of previously "too big or too profitable to fail" companies can come crashing down very, very quickly when they lose their target customer and the business environment changes just a little...when you live on the edge, it only takes a little push to go over...

One thing that goes unsaid...a LOT of people vacation the same place year after year b/c of the family memories built up...but once they switch, just once, they find a whole new world to explore and then they might never go back...I had 11 years in a row through 2012, and now I haven't been back...even with a ticket in my pocket...it's amazing when the emotional draw can finally be overcome how easy it is to say no from then on...

All of these price increases makes the decision I made to buy into DVC all the more worth it, in the long run!

Over time - that means I vacationed 8 people for approximately $2100 a year (math is an estimate). The most recent years, saving towncar service from the airport & parking fees when we had guests with cars.

My original investment was $25k - and I added more points along the way. Best investment EVER! (for me, lol).

Wow.

All of these price increases makes the decision I made to buy into DVC all the more worth it, in the long run!

Over time - that means I vacationed 8 people for approximately $2100 a year (math is an estimate). The most recent years, saving towncar service from the airport & parking fees when we had guests with cars.

My original investment was $25k - and I added more points along the way. Best investment EVER! (for me, lol).

Wow.
Wow those are cheap DVC points and cheap APs.

Last edited:
I think attendance is flat, and i dont think its all because people are waiting for Star Wars. I think we're already seeing an effect. But disney is making up for it by making more revenue from less guests who are paying more.

I can't tell you how many people i've read on this forum and others that have said they have backed off from annual trips to trips every other year or 3 years.

I don't know if attendance is flat. I have a hard time believing that. I did marathon weekend in January of 2016 and again in 2018. So the time period is identical for comparison purposes. And January is normally one of the slow periods. There was a significant difference in crowds between those two years. I have been to Disney during some busy times and I had honestly never seen it as busy as I did for January 2018. The lines for rides like Haunted Mansion were 15 minutes in 2016 to upwards of 75 in 2018. I sometimes turn my GoPro on to tape as I walk around the parks and I was just watching some of those clips walking by Haunted Mansion from that trip and it was a sea of people. And if Disney has had to partner with off property hotels like they do in DL because they don't have room inventory it leads me to believe attendance is higher.

I realize some of the room inventory issue is because of construction but CBR is the only resort down in rooms right now if I remember correctly. I will say this though, I heard an interview with Len Testa (owner of touring plans.com in case someone doesn't know) and he has done some research about the crowds. He said he thinks Disney is manipulating the crowds to raise prices. I do think there is something to it. He said his team has noticed that there have been empty ride vehicles on some of the more popular rides and this is making lines go slower, therefore increasing wait times. I witnessed it in line for Haunted Mansion and Expedition Everest. I saw about 4 ride vehicles empty while in line for the HM. And I saw a couple different empty cars on each train while in line for EE.

I am going to DL for the first time next weekend. I live in MA and every time I looked in the past WDW was always cheaper than DL. Well, this year I was looking for a fall weekend trip and DL was now cheaper than WDW. As long as it continues to be cheaper, when I need a fix, I will go there. But after my April trip with the kids I probably won't be back to Disney at all until the WDW 50th.

I don't know if attendance is flat. I have a hard time believing that. I did marathon weekend in January of 2016 and again in 2018. So the time period is identical for comparison purposes. And January is normally one of the slow periods. There was a significant difference in crowds between those two years. I have been to Disney during some busy times and I had honestly never seen it as busy as I did for January 2018. The lines for rides like Haunted Mansion were 15 minutes in 2016 to upwards of 75 in 2018. I sometimes turn my GoPro on to tape as I walk around the parks and I was just watching some of those clips walking by Haunted Mansion from that trip and it was a sea of people. And if Disney has had to partner with off property hotels like they do in DL because they don't have room inventory it leads me to believe attendance is higher.

I realize some of the room inventory issue is because of construction but CBR is the only resort down in rooms right now if I remember correctly. I will say this though, I heard an interview with Len Testa (owner of touring plans.com in case someone doesn't know) and he has done some research about the crowds. He said he thinks Disney is manipulating the crowds to raise prices. I do think there is something to it. He said his team has noticed that there have been empty ride vehicles on some of the more popular rides and this is making lines go slower, therefore increasing wait times. I witnessed it in line for Haunted Mansion and Expedition Everest. I saw about 4 ride vehicles empty while in line for the HM. And I saw a couple different empty cars on each train while in line for EE.

I am going to DL for the first time next weekend. I live in MA and every time I looked in the past WDW was always cheaper than DL. Well, this year I was looking for a fall weekend trip and DL was now cheaper than WDW. As long as it continues to be cheaper, when I need a fix, I will go there. But after my April trip with the kids I probably won't be back to Disney at all until the WDW 50th.

Maybe they aren't, but I've seen multiple people say that the parks aren't as crowded as the same time last year. Touring plans reduced the predicted crowd levels for our trip in august (multiple times) and for our upcoming trip in November.

I've been known to be wrong before also.

There will always be first timers who have no idea what they are missing.
Disney is a genius at marketing, they don't need to not screw over their loyal customers when it is so easy to screw over the new ones in terms of what used to be compared to what is now.
The repeat guests that are having second thoughts about future trips don't matter either, there are plenty of people out there obsessed with WDW and all things Disney that they will continue to pay the prices to get their fix. It is their drug.

I hate price increases like everyone else but keep a couple things in mind. The economy is booming and costs for everything is going up, not just Disney. Also, Disney is spending hundreds of millions on improvements, upgrades, expansions, transportation, rides, as well as wage increases for 75,000 and cost increases from vendors they buy from. It's not feasible to do all these improvements without some cost increases.

I hate price increases like everyone else but keep a couple things in mind. The economy is booming and costs for everything is going up, not just Disney. Also, Disney is spending hundreds of millions on improvements, upgrades, expansions, transportation, rides, as well as wage increases for 75,000 and cost increases from vendors they buy from. It's not feasible to do all these improvements without some cost increases.

I don't think anyone is arguing that, if you look at the price increases over the past 10 years, I think you'll see that disney is out pacing just about everyone in price increases for their product.

in 2008 at POFQ with 8 day park hoppers and dining plan for 2 adults (rack rate, our first trip, we were stupid) we paid $2800
in 2019 at POFQ with 8 day park hoppers and dining plan for 2 adults (rack rate) $4100, that's not including the parking, so toss in another $200 for that, and now that trip is $4300

That's the level of price increases over an 11 year period.....

Yea, and like I said, I don't mind costs going up, but cuts too? It's like when they shrink the amount in a package of cookies, but keep the box the same size. You get less for the same price, but they kind of hide it. f the price goes up too, then, what's the point? I will be happy to pay more for the same amount/quality, but not more for less.

There are no victims here. Each time we go we make a choice. The irritation in this scenario is in the way Disney is pricing things and the time intervals between the increases is growing at a faster rate than it did when many people purchased DVC and locked into many years of dues. It would be great if the crowds dissipated but what will be the driving force that causes this to change outside of increased capacity/decreased ability to purchase the product?

There are no victims here. Each time we go we make a choice. The irritation in this scenario is in the way Disney is pricing things and the time intervals between the increases is growing at a faster rate than it did when many people purchased DVC and locked into many years of dues. It would be great if the crowds dissipated but what will be the driving force that causes this to change outside of increased capacity/decreased ability to purchase the product?
Honestly I’ve thought about this and there’s only two ways prices decrease or stay the same:
1. A blackfish like event happens to Disney. Whenever the hysteria was at its worst seaworld refused to raise prices out of damage control
2. Universal decreases prices or stays the same. Speaking of which have they raised their prices yet? Last month me and my dad dropped each other off and drove around their property just to avoid paying the 22 for parking when we were only going to be there for five minutes. We were to impatient to wait til 6

We decided in 1997 to become part of DVC. We also have annual passes each year, renewing when the discounts are available. These 2 items go a long way in keeping costs under control. With DVC, no parking fees at the resort or at the parks and the room cost stay the same every year and never increases. The annual passes are worth every penny if you vacation there often. Here's the best thing, if we don't want to go to WDW every year then we rent out the DVC points or use the points for different vacations. If we know we're not going to WDW for a while, we don't renew the AP's.

Last edited:
We decided in 1997 to become part of DVC. We also have annual passes each year, renewing when the discounts are available. These 2 items go a long way in keeping costs under control. With DVC, no parking fees at the resort or at the parks and the room cost stay the same every year and never increases. The annual passes are worth every penny if you vacation there often. Here's the best thing, if we don't want to go to WDW every year then we rent out the DVC points or use the points for different vacations. If we know we're not going to WDW for a while, we don't renew the AP's.

Pretty much the same strategy I use. With a few exceptions. I buy AP every other year and make sure I go when the AP starts and right befroe it ends. And it is rare that I rent the points out, will usually bank them and get a bigger (or better) room the next time.

Good point. What happens when we hit another recession? Things look great now, but we are due one. I believe I read the other day that this has been the 2nd longest time between recessions.
That is the beauty of locking the upper middle class regulars into a DVC.

Lots of predictions of a recession in the next two years from big finance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!