Parking Permits

magpiechris

Earning My Ears
Hi there. We are visiting from England in just over 2 weeks with my daughter (aged 10), who uses an electric wheelchair, and will be driving a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
We have a disabled parking permit issued in the UK and valid throughout most of Europe, which our 'guide book' says we can use in Florida. However our travel agent has said we must go to the Auto Tag office in Orlando to get a Florida parking permit.
Any help and advice would be gratefully received.

Your travel agent is correct.

UK Blue & Orange badges are not strictly valid in USA, although some years ago, I used the then current orange badge with no problems whatsoever. Mind you, I might just have been lucky.

A few years ago, I rented a wheelchair accessible Dodge Caravan (Chrysler Grand Voyager with different badges) from a company calle 'Rainbow Wheels'. It came complete with a valid US 'disabled' hang-tag permit. You should check with the company that you are renting from your van might come with a permit too.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter