Parking Question

PixieT78

Mouseketeer
Not really sure if this is the right forum for this so feel free to move it!

We're staying on site and looking at possible renting a car. I know we have to pay for parking at the hotel but do we also have to pay for parking at the theme park (I don't think so...)?

Assuming we don't also have to pay at the theme park, what happens if we go to MK before we go to the hotel? I would prefer, obviously, to not have to pay for parking at both locations on arrival day if we don't need to!

You don't pay for parking at the theme parks-they scan your magicband at the parking booth and see you are a resort guest and wave your through. In theory, if you do online check-in, you shouldn't have to pay for parking. Worst case scenario, you may have to pay for parking at MK. Keep your receipt and the front desk at the hotel will refund it.

Just to add, IF you want to park in preferred you will pay the difference between standard and preferred cost at the parks. So example MK standard is $25, preferred is $50, you could pay the $25 difference only to get the preferred.

Awesome thanks so much! This is now in the lead for options lol.

So just to make sure I have this right (mostly because my DH is paranoid haha). We have active magic bands from previous trips that are linked to each of us in MDE. I've done the online check in and declined new magic bands (because we're in Canada so would have to get them at the hotel). So we can go straight to MK with our old magic bands that will have our current tickets and resort stay linked. Then when we finally go to the hotel after MK closes, our room will be assigned and the magic bands will open it up so we can finally go to bed, without having to go to the front counter.

Right? :)

TIA!

Awesome thanks so much! This is now in the lead for options lol.

So just to make sure I have this right (mostly because my DH is paranoid haha). We have active magic bands from previous trips that are linked to each of us in MDE. I've done the online check in and declined new magic bands (because we're in Canada so would have to get them at the hotel). So we can go straight to MK with our old magic bands that will have our current tickets and resort stay linked. Then when we finally go to the hotel after MK closes, our room will be assigned and the magic bands will open it up so we can finally go to bed, without having to go to the front counter.

TIA!
Bold...yes, as long as you linked your current tickets. etc into your MDE, you can use your old bands.

Use the bus. It’s free easy and don’t have to deal with parking. Even when we drive. We always use the busses. They are great.

Then when we finally go to the hotel after MK closes, our room will be assigned and the magic bands will open it up so we can finally go to bed, without having to go to the front counter.

TIA![/QUOTE]
Doing online check in doesn't guarantee you won't have to go the front desk. It is supposed to work that way, but it may not. So you may still have to go to the desk upon your return from MK.

Then when we finally go to the hotel after MK closes, our room will be assigned and the magic bands will open it up so we can finally go to bed, without having to go to the front counter.

TIA!
Doing online check in doesn't guarantee you won't have to go the front desk. It is supposed to work that way, but it may not. So you may still have to go to the desk upon your return from MK.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget that's where you get the resort activity schedule and resort map. I assumed on first visit it would be in the room when we arrived at 11pm lol

Use the bus. It’s free easy and don’t have to deal with parking. Even when we drive. We always use the busses. They are great.
Especially with MK. The bus drops you off in front of the park. With a car you have to either take the monorail or Boat over from TTC.
Plus you can leave your luggage at the hotel's Bell Services as opposed to leaving it all day in a car in a parking lot

Last edited:
Especially with MK. The bus drops you off in front of the park. With a car you have to either take the monorail or Boston over from TTC.
Plus you can leave your luggage at the hotel's Bell Services as opposed to leaving it all day in a car in a parking lot
This

We don’t get into Orlando until 5pm. So taking DME and the bus means we likely wouldn’t get to MK until potentially 7 or later, unless we get lucky. That’s why we are looking for the quickest way to get there.

Uber was another option we considered but it seems renting a car is going to work out to almost the same price, plus give us some flexibility with making a stop at a grocery store on the way to Universal.

Unless someone has another idea I haven’t considered?

We don’t get into Orlando until 5pm. So taking DME and the bus means we likely wouldn’t get to MK until potentially 7 or later, unless we get lucky. That’s why we are looking for the quickest way to get there.

Uber was another option we considered but it seems renting a car is going to work out to almost the same price, plus give us some flexibility with making a stop at a grocery store on the way to Universal.

Unless someone has another idea I haven’t considered?
Think what swayed us was having a kid we took midday breaks. Rule of thumb is budget 60 minutes for Disney transport so just a midday break meant possibly 2 hours in transportation alone vs jumping in the car. Depending on how much you plan to need some type of transportation is may or may not save you money. You can have food shipped to your resort if you are looking for typical groceries, snacks, ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter