parks and weather in june

kev57

Earning My Ears
HI there, we fly out on may 28th so most of the holiday will be in june, could anyone tell me what the weather and paks will be like at this time of the year, going back for first time since 91'

I am bumping this up, I would like to know the same thing! thx Lisa

Weather is generally warm and humid. It can get hot in the afternoon. Afternoon, heat driven thunderstorms are not uncommon, but are usually short lived. Crowds are usually light, but expect a heavy crowd at the MK on June 7th (Saturday). Overall, pleasant time to visit. Also expect crowds over Memorial day weekend. Park hours are historically a little short until the middle of June. Fireworks/Spectromagic may be Saturday or Friday & Saturdays only.

We visited WDW in early June(7-15) last year and found the crowds very manageable. The weather was warm and very humid and it did rain every day-some days more than others. As long as you are prepared for the showers (umbrella, ponchos, etc) it is not a problem. We are going back around the same time this year:Pinkbounc Have fun:D

crowd.gif
mixed in with some humidity.Seriously, the parks shouldn't be that bad. Hopefully we won't get the 20 some days of straight precip like last June.Enjoy your trip:)

Madcoco,

I think I noticed you posting in response to Disney at Christmas, so I thought I would ask if you could offer any comparisons as to the crowd levels in June v. week after Christmas-New Year's Day. I've never been in the Summer, but have been many times between Christmas and NYD, and I would love to hear what the difference in crowd levels means to touring plans, line waits, etc. Thanks in advance.

We were at WDW last June...the crowds were bearable but the weather was NOT. It was horribly hot and humid. I decided at time that I would never go to WDW in the summer again! I guess I have been spoiled by my Oct and Dec trips!

Can anyone tell me how crowds are late Jun (24th - 30th)? I know how the weather is, I usually go in the summers.

jaygatz Imho June crowds can be much less than the days following Christmas. (Not sure of exact dates, but I think around the 4-7th it gets really crowded with the Gay Day events being held) We usually go over to VB for the last week in June to relax then come back to face the battle;) However the weather can have a definite effect on your stay in the summer. Heat and humidity can make wait times for rides, busses etc feel much longer than they really are. Rain can be another factor. It was a fluke, but early last summer it rained over 20 days straight in Central FL. At WDW itself I think it was 18days of measurable precip in June. It was the most rain we have ever seen at WDW. It helped the drought, but it is hard to tell that to folks who may have saved for years only to have their whole trip rained out. After experiencing wildfires in the years past during the summer, it was welcome relief to a point then it got depressing. However at other times, it was kind of funny watching all of us running around drenched but still having fun in our ponchos. It was like a B movie "Attack of the Poncho People"LOL Summer is not our absolute favorite time to go. (late Oct early Nov.:)) However it is when we spend the majority of our time at WDW and we still enjoy it. You just have to be prepared for the weather.

BeckWhy Sorry can't really help there that is usually the week we stay at VB.However this year we going a week earlier for a change.

we have been 2 years(2000 and 2002) in June and love it! the weather is identical to here(we're from Texas so it doesn't bother us much :p) and yes it does rain but crowds are very managable

we also have taken 2 christmas trips(2001 and 2002) and the year crowds were kinda bad but last year they were wondeful! never waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything(Note-it REALLY helps to do MK for EE and then leave...MK was the only park where we found really bad crowds)

but if you can work the system(using FP, EE, breaks in the afternoon, late nights, etc) you can go anytime of year and have a wonderful time! :)

Except for this year, we always go around the 24th of June.

It is crowded, but very doable. We always go as the parks are opening (on a non EE day), get fast passes, hit the big items right away and this leaves us plenty of time to go back to the hotel for a rest/swim and then back out at night for the shows and parades. Also, we eat breakfast at the hotel, eat a good size lunch around 11:00 and a dinner around 4:30 if possible. Lots of times we just eat dinner at our hotel's food court (cheaper also). This leaves us hungry for one of the great desserts at the parks later in the evening.

That said, lines are longer for attractions, even with fast pass, it amazes me how many people wait in hour or longer lines. Return times for fast passes can be hours away, (sometimes they run out by lunch too--especially Test Track) but then you can plan your other things. Some things you can walk right in while you're waiting for your fast pass time to come around, like Hall of Presidents and big theater attractions. Sometimes I think people don't use fast passes because it means they will have to criss cross the park too many times. This is almost always true, but just take a rest in one of the seated attractions that are air conditioned. Boy take advantage of that air conditioning!

Also people get spots for parades really, really early. Good spots go over an hour before night shows and daily parades.

For a good seat at FANTASMIC-1 1/2 hours early. For Illuminations, more than an hour. Same for Spectro.

And when it's time for the mass exodus at the end of the night time shows, hold your child's hand TIGHT! It's like nothing I've ever experienced.

Have fun--we're going Easter week this year and I'm planning on following the above even more religously.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter