Parks/Icons 2 inch Words 4 inch letters-COMPLETE

JJ&JHsmom

DIS Veteran
Information for the Parks/Icons Swap (Groups in the next post) I took most of this from last year's swap.
Sign ups will open on January 28, 2012 starting at 9am EST and will close on January 31. Due date is April 11. 2012.

Link to photos from last year's swap.

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/DISmycutiepatooties/?action=view&current=6063bfdc.pbw

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 2 groups.

There are 2 different types of groups listed:
1.) The first set is for 2-inch embellished letters
2.) The second set is for 4-inch altered letters

Groups are listed in the next post.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

Groups 1-22 are 2 inch letter groups: The letters each swapper will individually make can be combined to spell out the entire word on your scrapbook page. Make your specified letter(s) 2 inches tall with a shadow/mat behind it. Embellish your letter(s) at least once to go along with the theme of the title. You may use patterned paper or solid colored cardstock. Please be creative and use colors that represent your group selection.
***IMPORTANT NOTE*** For Longer titles, please TRY to choose a font that is NOT WIDE. The Mickey Font Cricut Cartridge is a wider font for example. Width is a tough one, because the fewer letters are in a word, the wider we can go. Make your individual letters with the assumption that the longer completed words would expand across a 2 page layout. Sometimes you end up with words on both the top and the bottom of a layout. Take the word "Frontierland" for example. That is 12 letters, in order to fit across a two-page layout, the letters need to be a smaller width than 2” (24”/12 letters minus a little so there can be a gap between letters when they are laid out). But with the words "Magic Kingdom", you could theoretically put “Magic” at the top of a layout, and "Kingdom" at the bottom, so you can go wider with your letters. Just be mindful of how the word will fit on a page. Basically, this means that not everyone can use a wide font like the Mickey font, with a large single word. Keep in mind also that we may need to overlap letters slightly for titles with even longer words like "Adventureland" (13 letters) so embellish them accordingly. Shorter words like "Africa" for example are not an issue--it's just the longer single words that get tricky. If you are unclear on this or have questions, please ask me.

Groups A-E are 4 inch altered letter groups: Make a 4 inch letter, matted, and embellished at least once. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative. You are making the first letter of the word only. An example is: You are in Group C Epcot Countries and chose France. You will make a 4 inch F and when everyone gets it back they can add "rance" to it anyway they want or just use the "F" on their page to represent France.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats and specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Packaging:

For All 2 inch Letter Groups: Please put each letter into a tiny bag (ie small jewelry bag or snack bag) then put those bags into a QUART size bag. If you have 2 letters in the same group please put both letters into the same jewelry/snack bag then into a QUART size baggie.

For All 4 inch Letter Groups: Please put each letter in its own labeled baggie and put all the baggies into a QUART or GALLON size labeled baggie.

Label your bag with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this:

JJ&JHsmom
Cassandra Hanson
Group 1

Mailing:
* You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after April 6. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
* I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes from the USPS. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope $5.15, Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $5.35, Medium/Standard box – $11.35, Large - $15.45.
* If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70 and the filled out DC form.
* Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
* DO NOT include click-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Required check-ins will be:

February 7, confirm groups and pm me with your information
March 7 general update
March 23, last call for angels and mailing status update
April 6 mail by date

Due to me by April 11, 2012

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

I hope you have lots of fun in this swap!!

Group 1 DISNEYWORLD (make 6 of each) FULL
DW Reddy
IO m2mrb
SR lm3k
NL mm2000
ED Sharli
Y and icon cjcrew

Group 1A DISNEYWORLD (make 6 of each) FULL
DW kkbeaton
IO scrappinstevie
SR partyof3
NL lwyeager
ED vickiv
Y and icon jj&jhsmom

Group 2 MAGIC KINGDOM (make 6 of each) FULL
MK m2mrb
AI Reddy
GN lm3k
IG mm2000
CO cjcrew
DM scrappinstevie

Group 2A MAGIC KINGDOM (make 6 of each) FULL
MK partyof3
AI jj&jhsmom
GN vickiv
IG lwyeager
CO vickiv
DM kkbeaton

Group 3 MAIN ST USA (make 5 of each) FULL
MT scrappinstevie
AU Reddy
IS lwyeager
NA jj&jhsmom
S and icon kkbeaton

Group 4 FANTASYLAND (make 6 of each) FULL
FY mybestieisickey
AL scrappinstevie
NA mm2000
TN vickiv
AD Reddy
S and icon jj&jhsmom

Group 5 ADVENTURELAND (make 7 of each) FULL
AR jj&jhsmom
DE scrappinstevie
VL mazdauk
EA lm3k
ND vickiv
TN Reddy
U and icon Reddy

Group 6 FRONTIERLAND (make 6 of each) FULL
FD mazdauk
RN Reddy
OA mybestieismickey
NL scrappinstevie
TR lm3k
IE jj&jhsmom

Group 7 LIBERTY SQUARE (make 7 of each) FULL
LY scrappinstevie
IS lwyeager
BQ jj&jhsmom
EU Reddy
RA m2000
TR Reddy
E and icon jj&jhsmom

Group 8 TOMORROWLAND (make 6 of each) FULL
TO lwyeager
OW Reddy
ML scrappinstevie
OA mybestieisickey
RN jj&jhsmom
RD vickiv

Group 9 STORYBOOK CIRCUS (make 5 of each) FULL
SOY Reddy
TKR m2mrb
OCB rlovew
RIC scrappinstevie
SOU and icon jj&jhsmom

Group 10 CASTLE (make 6) FULL
C m2mrb
A lm3k
S kkbeaton
T scrappinstevie
L mybestieismickey
E mm2000

Group 10A CASTLE (Make 6 ) FULL
C partyof3
A jj&jhsmom
S mazdauk
T ckmom97
L mickster
E scrappinstevie

Group 11 EPCOT (make 5) FULL
E Reddy
P m2mrb
C lm3k
O rlovew
T mm2000

Group 11A EPCOT (make 5) FULL
E cjcrew
P partyof3
C jj&jhsmom
O lwyeager
T kkbeaton

Group 12 SPACESHIP EARTH (make 7 of each) FULL
SE m2mrb
PA ckmom97
AR mickster
CT vickiv
EH jj&jhsom
SP scrappinstevie
HI Reddy

Group 13 HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (make 8 of each) FULL
HO m2mrb
OS lwyeager
LI scrappinstevie
LD Reddy
YU vickiv
WT lm3k
OS vickiv
OD mazdauk

Group 14 SORCERER HAT (make 6 of each) FULL
SE lwyeager
OR m2mrb
RH scrappinstevie
CA jj&jhsmom
ET ckmom97
R and icon mm2000

Group 15 ANIMAL KINGDOM (make 7 of each) FULL
AK lm3k
NI rlovew
IN m2mrb
MG Reddy
AD mm2000
LO Sharli
M and icon scrappinstevie

Group 15A ANIMAL KINGDOM (make 7 of each) FULL
AK partyof3
NI ckmom97
IN scrappinstevie
MG jj&jhsmom
AD lwyeager
LO mm2000
M and icon kkbeaton

Group 16 TREE OF LIFE (make 5 of each) FULL
TF m2mrb
RL scrappinstevie
EI mm2000
EF partyof3
OE jj&jhsmom

Group 17 ASIA (make 4) FULL
A scrappinstevie
S jj&jhsmom
I lwyeager
A kkbeaton

Group 18 AFRICA (make 6) FULL
A rlovew
F kkbeaton
R scrappinstevie
I jj&jhsmom
C lwyeager
A mm2000

Group 19 DINOLAND USA (make 6 of each) FULL
DN scrappinstevie
ID vickiv
NU Reddy
OS mm2000
LA jj&jhsmom
A and icon Reddy

Group 21 DOWNTOWN DISNEY (make 7 of each) FULL
DN kkbeaton
OD m2mrb
WI lwyeager
NS mybestieisickey
TN mm2000
OE vickiv
WY partyof3

Group 22 PARTNERS (make 4 of each) FULL
PS m2mrb
AR rlovew
RE mm2000
TN partyof3

4 Inch Letter Groups: Make your specified letter(s) 4 inches tall with a shadow/mat behind it. Embellish your letter at least once to go along with the theme of the title. You may use patterned paper or solid colored cardstock. Please be creative and use colors that represent your group selection.

Group D. Park Icons (make 4)
C (Castle): mm2000
T (Tree of Life): jj&jhsmom
S (Sorcerer Hat): mickster
S (Spaceship Earth Ball): lwyeager

:Required check-ins will be:

February 7, confirm groups and pm me with your information
March 7 general update
March 23, last call for angels and mailing status update
April 6 mail by date

I have:cheer2:
Mailed to you:drive:

Players:

Reddy, 1,2,3,4,5,5,6,7,7,8,9,11,12,13,15,19,19:thumbsup2
m2mrb 1,2,9,10,11,13,14,15,16,21,22:thumbsup2
lm3k 1,2,5,6,10,11,13,15:thumbsup2
rlovew 9,11,15,18,22:thumbsup2
Lwyeager 1A,2A,3,7,8,11A,13,14,15A17,18,21,D:thumbsup2
Sharli 1, 15:thumbsup2
cjcrew 1,2,11A:thumbsup2
scrappinstevie 1A,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10A,12,13,14,15,15A,16,17,18,19:thumbsup2
kkbeaton 1A, 2A,3,10, 11A, 15A,17, 18, 21:thumbsup2
mybestieisickey 4,6,8,10,21:thumbsup2
vickiv 1A,2A,2A,4,5,8,12,13,13,19,21:thumbsup2
partyof3 1A,2A,10A, 11A,15A,16,21,22:thumbsup2
jj&jhsmom 1A,2A,3,4,5,6,7,7,8,9,10A,11A,12,14,15A,16,17,18,19,D:thumbsup2
ckmom97 10A,12,14,15A:thumbsup2
mazdauk 5,6,10A,13:thumbsup2
mickster 10A,12,D:thumbsup2
mm2000 1,2,4,7,10,11,14,15,15A,16,,18,19,21,22,D:thumbsup2
Angels
BAMB
wdwmickey

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I really want Groups 1, 2, 11, 13, 15
if possible 3, 4,5, 6,7,8, &9

any of the letters - this should be fun -- any prefer colors??

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I really want Groups 1, 2, 11, 13, 15
if possible 3, 4,5, 6,7,8, &9

any of the letters - this should be fun -- any prefer colors??

Will get you added, for colors just keep to the theme or colors of the land or icon.

Cassey

Good Morning Cassey!

I will take any letter's in groups

#1, #2, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #21, #22

Thank you! Good luck with your first hostessing gig! you are going to do GREAT!!!

I would like groups 9, 1, 15, 18, and 22- It doesn't matter which letter.

Thank you so much!

Rebecca

I would like groups 9, 1, 15, 18, and 22- It doesn't matter which letter.

Thank you so much!

Rebecca

Rebecca, is that group 1 or 11? I know you posted that you needed Epcot so that is where I plugged you. Let me know if I need to change this.

Cassey

Rebecca, is that group 1 or 11? I know you posted that you needed Epcot so that is where I plugged you. Let me know if I need to change this.

Cassey

It was 11- sorry about not catching that myself and thank you so much for noticing!

Rebecca

Hi Cassey,

I would like letters in groups # 1, 2, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 21. If there is more interest in the 4" letters and you need another person let me know I can do some of them also.

Hi Cassey,

I would like letters in groups # 1, 2, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15 and 21. If there is more interest in the 4" letters and you need another person let me know I can do some of them also.

Got you added, if there is interest in the 4" letters I will let you know. I still have a complete set from last year.

Cassey

Pretty please, may I have letters in group 1 (DisneyWorld) & Group 15 (Animal Kingdom). Thanks for letting me play with all you talented ladies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter