Parks or Volcano Bay on busier days?

sandam1

DIS Veteran
I'm working on a short trip for December 14-17 (Thursday and Sunday are partial days due to travel). The first two days are predicted to be slow with the weekend being busier. Our goal for this trip is to see all of the Christmas stuff and to visit Volcano Bay for the first time. We are staying at Cabana Bay so no Express Pass.

My dilemma - would we be better off doing the parks on the quieter days and doing Volcano Bay on Saturday? Or doing Volcano Bay on Friday and taking our chances with the parks on Saturday? We will be in the parks Saturday night for the Mannheim Steamroller.

We are there Dec. 10th-19th and plan on doing Volcano Bay at least once. We don't have a day picked out yet and will let the weather dictate our day. You can't trust the forecast in Orlando more than 3 days in advance, so we will see what the weather is like that week and pick a warm day.

We go to Orlando for a couple weeks every December and daytime highs can be anywhere from 65-85.

Oh, I'm definitely willing to change plans as necessary. I guess I was just looking for an "all things being equal, what would you do?" scenario.

Oh, I'm definitely willing to change plans as necessary. I guess I was just looking for an "all things being equal, what would you do?" scenario.

If the weather was the same everyday I would probably do Volcano Bay on the weekend. The parks will be a little slower on the weekdays and at that time of year you won't have any locals going to VB on the weekend to fill it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter