~~Part 2 ~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip-or two-or three ~~Off plans 10/11 ~~

Good morning everyone - my apologies for no check ins over the least few days... It seems like the entire trip was just a whirlwind.

Victoria and I made it safely home last night - it was a long travel day for us, with a delay in Chicago - which put us home a little later than the late arrival I had planned. Needless to day, I am keeping her home an additional day from school... She is just TIRED! As we all know - Disney is a work out, and this girl gave her all... I am very proud of her!

Overall - the trip was a lot of fun. We did have a few issues with food at the end - both of us are very happy to be home and to have real food as an option. ::yes:: The 10 days went by way too fast!

It was great to be home last night and sleeping in my own bed - Both V and I did not sleep well at all on this trip.

Today, well - first thing - I will be working out. It's needed in a bad way! I was quite disappointed in the great majority of my pictures from our trip... This will be a true focus over the coming weeks, as I don't have a trip on the horizon...

I need to clean the house. Allison assures me that it's much better than it was - as she cleaned it before I got home... It's a disorganized mess though. So, I need to devote some time this morning to that - or it will drive me nuts.

I also need to do some laundry from the trip... And a bit of unpacking.

I will also run to the grocery store and stock up on some real and healthy foods. Both V and I were feeling pretty awful the last few days in Disney - and eating wasn't very appealing to us anymore.

Keep your eyes open for a new TR from me... I don't think I will get to it today? Hopefully in the next day or two though... I"ll post a link here first thing.

And that's all... Happy to be home... Sad to have the trip over... Fortunate to have had this time and to make these memories with V... Disappointed that I don't have another trip to plan... I am hoping to find a way to rectify that in the coming months. :scratchin

I hope all of you are well! Sending prayers and Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Glad you are safely home and can't wait to read about your trip. So happy you had this time with your daughter.

Glad you made it home safely. For me, with any trip, there is always the problem of wanting to stay and get as much out of the vacation as possible... but yet craving home/bed and yes...real food! Can't wait to hear about your mother/daughter adventures and meeting with your "Disney friends"

Welcome home. It's always sad when you leave Disney but it feels so good to sleep in your own bed and eat real food.
Have a good day.
Liz

Welcome back. Not trying to be an enabler or anything, but here's a question. Did you buy your AP from SoG? I know they offer it at a discount. Well now I hear there is an offer if you buy before the end of the year, they are giving you 13 months on your AP. You don't have to activate it immediately. Do you know if ones bought at SoG would qualify? I would think so, since it's a regular AP just at a discount price (similar to other places that offer ticket discounts). I'm mulling over the idea of getting one. There was a post on the DIS about a blog where they did a price evaluation and it shows if you have a trip planned with several people for 6 days (I believe) it makes financial sense to have one person purchase the AP (for the food and purchase discounts and the memory maker, etc). The convention for my business will be in Orlando next November and I would love to tie in a WDW trip with the convention.

I know what you mean about the food at Disney. Lots of rich stuff and things you just don't usually eat really messes with your stomach. I noticed it on my last trip--we went in the summer and the food combined with the heat really was killer. I started really watching what I ate which helped.

Get back into your routine and enjoy being back home. I'm looking forward to your TR!

Welcome home :hug:

It must feel good to be able to eat good and healthy food again.

I hope you have a great day :hug:

Ulf and I was in Stavanger 1 1\2 week ago. I was stupid enough to go outside to find 2 geocaches without my winter jacket on. That resulted in me getting a really sore throat on Monday last week. I didn't get a cold then but that happend on Wednesday. My soar thoat was gone yesterday, but I still have a cold which is getting better.

I have been driving my new car everyday and it's going better. Just the last few days I have been driving on the very narrow roads and it's not that difficult as it was the first time I tried it right after getting the car. I still think it's difficult to park. Ulf has been driving with me all the time because I feel a little more secure when he can help and guide me while I drive, but on Sunday I drove alone from my parents house and back home. I chose to not drive the shortest way home because then I had to drive now narrow roads and I didn't want to do that a lone. I managed to get home safe and sound with out any problems. I even managed to park the car out side (I haven't started to practice parking in my garage space yet).

I still have my old car because Ulf is going away this weekend and I'm not sure I'm ready to drive my new car around and park it all by my self yet. Our plan is to have my old car in my garage space because I can drive that car in and out of the garage without any problems and I will have my new car parked outside so I can drive the new car if I feel like it. The plan is to get rid of my old car in the beginning of November. I would have got rid of it soon if it wasn't for Ulf going away this weekend.

Welcome home! I'm sorry your travel day was so long yesterday -- good idea to keep V home today. And I'm sorry the food was getting to you at the end of your trip. I'm concerned about that on my upcoming one day trip...I need to start Whole 30 reintroduction....but I'm scared to....but I know I won't be able to be compliant during my trip. I'll just have to do my best.

Take a day to settle in and rest!

So glad you had fun can't wait to hear more! Your pictures are fabulous! I bet you miss fresh produce, that is a big thing I feel disney lacks! Rest and recuperate, we aren't going anywhere!

YAY, you're back!! :) I LOVED the pics you shared from the trip--V has such an expressive face (wonder who she gets that from!?) and the pics of you just enjoying every little moment together are such a treasure. Don't worry about how you feel your body looks because your face showed PURE happiness in every one....well, OK, except for those very sad going home ones!

Can't wait to read all about the adventures you had! and seriously CANNOT believe 10 days went by so fast!!!

Looking forward to your trip report. I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. We've been very lucky with the houses we've rented and have had firm mattresses that we like. We get tired of Disney food, but we've never had it affect us otherwise. But we usually only eat one meal there most days and then cook food we like at home. It still sounds like a wonderful trip. It looks like you had great weather, which it usually is in October. Hope you got some swimming in.

Looking forward to the TR. I know how you feel sometimes...you get tired of eating out for that long...especially when the food is so delicious but usually on the less healthy side.

Welcome home!!!! It looked like you both had a wonderful time. Can't wait for the TR! I'm in the same boat not having another tripped planned so I'm enjoying reading others trips. We live in Alabama and I told my husband I would totally drive down just to eat at Wolfgang puck express and hit up a Christmas party but it's just too much money right now. Bummer.

Sending out a huge welcome back; I so enjoyed following along on Facebook. And, cannot wait for the trip report!

I cannot sleep when I am on vacation. Between the too soft beds and just not being in my environment means no sleep. Is that a usual for you in not sleeping when on vacation?

V looked like she was "on" every day; I saw nothing but smiles and Disney happiness. She deserved a day to do nothing but rest.

Hope Allison and Josh survived without you.

Glad to have you both safely home!!

Love and a huge hug.

Welcome back! I know just what you mean about the food. By the end of our trips I'm usually fooded out. So much so that we have cancelled our final meal twice now, and for our trip next month we cancelled 4 of our 7 meals. Only planning on 3 table service meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!