Part 6, The end, I hope

Nan

Mouseketeer
Cast: Me & DH fortysomethings
DD 16
DD 12

After Mythos, we walked around a while to let that wonderful lunch settle. We explored around the exterior of the resaurant. If you are there during a cooler time, eating at an outside table would be nice or even when it is hot and you are wet.

DD12 got her courage up to ride one of the Dragons. We hurried up the Express line. This is the only ride we rode where the Express line had to merge with the regular line - not really fun, but since the regular line people don't know if you had a pass or a room key, it's not as bad as it would have been last year. We got on the second row of Ice. As soon as the ride started DD started screaming and screamed constantly until it was over. I laughed so hard I was crying. She wanted to ride Fire, but decided to wait until the next day.

We did JPRA a couple of times with DH and I taking turns with DD16. DD12 did not want to ride. We enjoy this ride so much, even though we haven't seen any of the movies. I do miss the big gate opening as the music swells. We have probably discussed why it doesn't, I just don't remember.

Then DD16 and I went to US while DH and DD12 went back to HRH to swim. We had the cameras this time to record some things for posterity. We also rode Kong again. I really like this ride. And just enjoyed being in the Studios. It is just so neat to walk around and take in all the sets and scenery. We had to take a turn on MIB, too. Soon it was time to meet DD12 and DH at Mel's. We enjoy eating at Mel's. When you go there you have to think "drive- in food" not fancy. The decor is so neat and this time we found the large extra seating area to the right of the counters. After burgers and fries in a fun atmosphere we set out to ride our favorites some more times (room key!!). Then back to the hotel. We decided it was too early to stay in the room so we all rode the water taxi to the Portofino for dessert. You have to ride back to City Walk from the HRH then board the Portofino water taxi to get to the hotel. The taxis are designated. They are so enjoyable to ride that you don't mind the extra step in getting to the PBH. We had enjoyed the ice cream/coffe shop/bakery last year when we stayed at the PBH so we knew what to expect. They have delicous iced coffees, even decaf. They also have soft-serve frozen yogurt and hand dipped ice cream along with lots of other yummy things. We sat out by the water and watched the fireworks. What a nice way to end the day!!

Finally our day of departure came :( DH slept in due to the long drive ahead, but the girls and I took off for one last swing through the parks. This was the first sunny day and we still had pictures to take. We discovered that we had not appreciated the cool drizzle of the previous 3 days - it was soooo hot and humid. We got to IOA when the main gates opened, but had to wait at the bridge to Seussland. We were on a mission. Thanks to the tip from one of the "insiders" can't remember which, we were heading straight to Pteranadon (SP) Flyers in hopes of getting a ride before they start limiting it to little ones. We went the long way because the crowd going to Marvel Island was so big and also, we always seem to get lost around the Barges and Dudley Do-right. Sure enough, we got to ride the P. Flyers. That is so much fun - even a little scary. Then we hit Flying Unicorn, Spiderman, Cat In the Hat in short order and headed to US to finish up.

In US we took the neatest picture - we didn't know it was so neat until we got our film back, though. In US there are several stations set up for pictures. The one we did was directly across from the Make-up Show. There are specific instructions at the little podium where you place your camera and there is a circle on the ground to show the subjects where to stand. Our picture looked like we were standing on a street under the "HOLLYWOOD" sign in California. The sign part was superimposed in. It was really cool. After we got our film back we wished we had taked advantage of the other ones. There was one in the Nickelodeon area, the Amity area, NY and maybe another one. Anyway, take the time to do these it is neat. We rode our favorites again and then, sadly, it was time to leave. Checkout at the HRH was a snap. Just fill out a card - AND our bill was correct. I was careful to check it, but everything was fine. The end to another great USO vacation.

By the way, DD16 and I made a trip to the Belz Outlet Mall in Orlando. We didn't go to the designer one, just the Mall 1 and 2. We were not impressed. We did enjoy the Universal Outlet Store there. They had great prices on souveniers from USO. We got some silk One Fish Pj's for $20 reg. $70, and several other things. It is worth a trip to the mall just for that store, but we didn't think the other part was worth it.

Final Comment on onsite Express: Attention people in charge: Even with 2 hotels open AND timed Express Pass, the Express line was not ever very long. I really hope that there aren't many changes in the system, even when the RP opens. Even if the line does get longer, it will still be shorter than the regular line. We were there at one of the busiest times and often we walked onto the rides - there were ZERO people ahead of us. Even if the number doubled with us in the line there would just have been 8 people. Pleaase think about it before you change it!!!!!

Really enjoyed your reports Nan!
I gotta start mine soon now. We checked out that Uni. store in mall #1 at Belz. It's definitely worth a visit!
Glad ya'll had a great time & thanks for sharing!
Jim

Wonderful reports! I really love hearing about other people's trip. It's almost like being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter