• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Part Five - Meg & Mom's Disneyland/Hollywood Adventure

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
Cast.. Me (mom), 32 yrs & Meg (mature 8.5 yrs). Both LOVE Disney and Hollywood.This was our dream trip!
Day 5 –Jan 11

We caught the 9:30am shuttle to DL and walked up Main Street to the Plaza Inn. We caught the opening of DL at the end of Mainstreet and it seemed that there were only about 200 people lined up. We had 10:10 PS for the Princess Breakfast. We arrived right at 10 and were seated right away. There was hardly anyone there. There were about 4 other families, all with much younger kids (3/4 yrs). We saw Aladdin & Jasmine as we walked in. They showed us around the buffet and it looked yummy. We had a great table in the middle of the room near the pretty front windows. Most of the princesses were busy with other guests, so we went up and got some food. They did neglect to tell us that there are trays to the side with all the cutlery – so here we were balancing the plates and cups and searching for cutlery! Meg got a chocolate crossiant and some mickey waffles. She also got a chocolate milk. I got a mickey waffle, French toast, white milk, coffee, a crepe filled with cream cheese (?) (it was yucky!). I also ended up getting a made to order omelette (yum!) and some homefries. Then they talked me into taking bread pudding - I had all this food on the table – it was hilarious. I didn’t like the bread pudding, but everything else was great. We met Snow White, Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Belle & The Beast, Aladdin & Jasmine and Mary Poppins. I would give the experience 2 stars out of 5. I paid $37 for breakfast and got a lot of what seemed to be very phoney interaction with the princesses. I think they are told that if they see a girl with long hair to say ‘oh what pretty hair you have!’, because nearly all of them said that to my daughter. She has pretty hair, but this was too much of a coincidence. Also, there were too many kids running around chasing the princesses. There did not seem to be enough control. There was one little girl who looked about 3 or 4 and was completely adorable. Belle actually took her out to the middle of the floor and danced to Beauty & the Beast with her. She was the only kid who seemed to get any special attention. Other kids were wondering why they didn’t get to dance with a princess. Oh also – on the way in the kids get a gold paper crown and a button. There are signs outside about it being the ‘Happiest Birthday on Earth’ and my daughter said to me ‘Oh I wish it was my birthday today! That looks like fun!” and a CM declared it her ‘unbirthday’ and gave her one of the birthday stickers. This was a fun touch and after breakfast she took it off. She didn’t want to be wished Happy Bday all day when it really wasn’t! LOL.
254006965JRSMpp_ph.jpg
254007001nXOVaZ_ph.jpg

After we left we ran into Prince Charming in front of the castle, and Sleeping Beauty was over by the Snow White gardens on the bridge. We had photos taken with them. Meg thought that Aurora looked ‘old…like in her 40s’. hahahaha. I have to say that this Sleeping Beauty was pushing her mid 30s. We were excited that the sun was out and we could finally ride Dumbo/Alice/Tea Cups and some others that had been closed!
254007531mCTkPK_ph.jpg

Meg had left the hotel (ugh…I mean ‘motel’) with just a t-shirt and jeans on, because I told her I would buy her a Disney sweatshirt that day, and it would save having 2 sweaters. It was really warm and we hadn’t bought it by about noon-ish. We went on Autopia in separate cars and when we got off Meg came over to me and said she was all wet from the cars. I looked at her and her butt was really wet. I said maybe someone had gone on splash mountain, but remembered it was now down for rehab. I rubbed my hand on it and smelled – it was pee!!! Some kid had peed on the ride, and Meg must have gotten in after. GROSS!!!! Now, remember my clean freak daughter….. so I wrapped my jacket around her and we walked out to mainstreet. I ended up buying her a pair of $28 princess jogging pants! Ouch! She was still warm, so I didn’t worry about a sweatshirt for now. We went and rode more rides and got a lot in that day. She started to get cold, and we noticed that they also had the matching princess jacket that went with her pants, so I also bought that – which was $38. Ouch again! This did end up being a beautiful outfit and a wonderful souviener for her. We had a super day (oh yah…I wore my well broken in Sandals and my feet felt great!!!) and saw so much! Meg didn’t eat much at brekkie so I got her some Fries and coke from that McD’s stand over near splash mountain ($6).

The park wasn’t overly busy and we rode just about everything that day. Later on, around 5pm we were hungry, but only had $6 left due to the little pee incident. We got a piece of pizza to share at Redd Rockets Pizza Port ($5.50 & very very good pizza) and an ice water! I felt so broke!
254007831CNUqUB_ph.jpg

After the pizza, we had some time to kill before heading out to get the shuttle and went into Honey I Shrunk the Audience 3D. Spoiler Warning: Don’t read the next little bit if you don’t want it spoiled, but if you have kids – I would suggest you read this. First off…is there a sign warning about how freaky this is? We walked in just as it was starting and it was pretty much empty. As soon as it got to the rats I was flipping out – those rats running across my feet was way too much for me to handle. Meg was sitting cross legged and I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs. I thought this was going to be a cute little movie – not a darn horror show that touched me!!!!! I don’t handle this stuff well and neither does Meg. Next thing I see is this cat turning into a lion and something else touches me……I turned to Meg and said ‘Lets get the hell outta here!!!!’ and she agreed – well you have never seen 2 girls run out of a theatre so fast in your life! We were laughing so hard when we left – it was definitely a classic moment for us! So a question to the people who know….how do they do that? What was touching us and from where????? Also – what else happens in this show that we missed? Would love to ‘hear’ about it, but not experience it. We had seen Muppets 3D earlier in the week and thought it was cute, this is what I thought this one would be like.

Meg rode the Astro Orbitor in the dark and then we hit the shuttle back to the hotel. Yep – elevator still broken – but I didn’t feel as worn out or tired as I did on those rainy days. We actually went and did some laundry. They were out of soap powder in the machine so we ended up finding a maid cart and got a bottle of shampoo. We washed our clothes in shampoo and it worked quite well! LOL! Oh yah....our fridge was turned off again. Let's say the front desk and housekeeping had a word from me - and not a nice one.We got back to the room about 9:30 and slept until about 8am. Oh yah....our fridge was turned off again. Let's say the front desk and housekeeping had a word from me - and not a nice one. Looked outside…another sunny day!

Lollipop's Mom said:
Cast.. Me (mom), 32 yrs & Meg (mature 8.5 yrs). Both LOVE Disney and Hollywood.This was our dream trip!
Day 5 –Jan 11We went on Autopia in separate cars and when we got off Meg came over to me and said she was all wet from the cars. I looked at her and her butt was really wet. I said maybe someone had gone on splash mountain, but remembered it was now down for rehab. I rubbed my hand on it and smelled – it was pee!!! Some kid had peed on the ride, and Meg must have gotten in after. GROSS!!!!
Doesn't matter what a clean freak Meg may be, to sit in pee?! That is horribly gross!!! That's too bad that you didn't enjoy the Plaza Inn for the Princess Breakfast. My DD loved it and cannot wait until we go back again.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your photos and experience with us. I had a great time reading it. I'm not sure if another trip to DL is in the cards any time soon, but I'm sure all of us would still like to hear from you on these boards to share experiences and advice...

Too bad about the pee. I wonder if DL would have compensated you a sweat suit? Wouldn't have hurted to try.

I did the princess breakfast on Mon Jan 17 and was not impressed with it either. We'll stick to Goofy's Kitchen from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter