• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART SIX of Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure - 2005!!!

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Liav and Jody's Excellent DLP Adventure 2005 Part 6

Cast:
Liav (13)
Jody (Old enough to be her Mom...)

Part 6 – It's still Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2005…

My last report left off after lunch on Wednesday. Just to remind you, we'd stayed one night in one of the outer lodges of SL, and had been promised a free upgrade to a Montana room that day…

So we walked back to the hotel at around 3 PM to see if our room was ready, and Liav took lots of pictures of the Mallard ducks in the lake and stream on the way back. We saw some swans too, but too far off to photograph properly…

Reception was really jumping when we got there, but it didn't take long to get our new room keys – room 5228 in the main lodge. When we got off the elevator on the 5th floor, my heart fell! This was exactly like last year! (I think we were in 5226 last year!) – wallpaper peeling and dirty… BUT, the carpet was obviously brand new… so as we made our way to our room I PRAYED that the inside of the room would be improved over last year….

While we walked to our room, we noticed that at the far end of the hall there were some workmen… and… could it be? Yes! They were putting up new wallpaper!!! They had made their way from the other end almost to our room, and the "new" hallway looked gorgeous!! Wow! :flower:

Entering the room we were very pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean, new, and gorgeous! :wizard: The curtains and bed coverings were new, and the furniture looked great – if not new, at least refurbished. The bathroom had new fixtures and tile. The room had a wonderful feel to it – just a pleasure to be in it! I was so happy – not that last year had been bad, but the room had been terribly shabby, so I was extremely glad for these improvements!! Also, the difference in "feel" between this room and the one we'd had the night before was extreme. I imagine, however, that eventually they'll get to all the rooms with these improvements. :teeth:

Our luggage was still in the luggage room, but it was delivered just moments after we requested it by phone. We unpacked completely for the first time – I hadn't bothered at Disneyland Hotel since that was only for two nights, and of course not the night before, so it was nice to get completely settled in for our final 4 nights…

Well, back to the park! :Pinkbounc
It was about 4 PM when we walked back to the park, pin trading and shopping on the way… Liav bought a Lady and the Tramp snow globe (oops, and I was just saying she bought no other souvenirs except pins….??) and we got some more Mickey pajamas! (We will go home with two pair each! It's the year of pajamas and pins for us!)

f54d0f9a.jpg

When we finally got to the park the parade had long left Main Street and we made our way to Fantasyland for some of the "kiddie rides" that we love so much. We did Dumbo, Snow white, and Pinnochio, and then went over to Fontierland for BTM which had no wait at all – so we rode 3 times!

f561a734.jpg

This was taken a couple of days earlier from the River Boat..

Before we knew it 7:15 PM had rolled around and we went all the way to Main Street to line up for the parade. Liav insisted that we not stand in our "same old place", and I have to admit that I did end up seeing something I hadn't previously! We stood just at the very beginning of the parade route – near the stop for the Main Street Vehicles. We did not see any of the first stops – and I wondered what people seeing the parade for the first time must thing those black shiny creatures in the parade were supposed to be! We didn't regret it too much since we've seen the parade so many times, but I did feel that something was missing! However, at the last stop, when the "good" triumphs over "evil" and the princes and princesses are raised up on their floats, we were right next to the very last float of the parade – Minnie. And for the first time I saw how this float transforms!!!! It was absolutely gorgeous and so magical!!! I can't for the life of me figure out how Liav did not get a photo… but alas, she did not… so you'll have to take my word for it – it was breathtaking!! I had previously only seen this float in motion – and it's nice then too, but during the stop it lights up incredibly – if anyone knows of any photo of this on the internet– please let me know!
:flower: :flower:

After the parade we left the park, and decided to try Billy Bob's for the first time. I'm glad we went there directly after the parade because about 1/2 hour later it was BUSY and there was a long wait for a table. We came in just before the "big rush" and got a seat on the second level with a good view of the stage. There was a small comedy cowboy act going on. We ordered chili cheese potatoes – delicious – and I had beer, and Liav had coke. We really enjoyed this place – very different from anywhere else in the resort, that's for sure! We stayed for the next act, but when things got really crowded we felt we should let someone have our seats since we were finished eating, and we started walking back to the hotel. What a great day this had been!! :) :Pinkbounc :)

My only regret is that since Liav ahs become nuts about pin trading she's been less involved with her camera… so fewer photos… and none of our wonderful new Montana room!! :-(

Sorry!

Thank goodness for part 6. I thought you had forgotten us :)

Nice to hear that Montana was much improved.

Reid

jodyb said:
so fewer photos… and none of our wonderful new Montana room!!

Jodyb:
glad to see you back on the board!
ARE YOU FEELING BETTER?
I liked very much your report; very happy you finally had a nice renewed Montana room!

Was your room something like this?

f58f69a8.jpg

And like this ? ... well ... forget about DGH :rotfl:

f58f6994.jpg

CIAO :wave2:

Our room was similar to yours, but it had a rocking chair as one of the chairs, and the color scheme was a bit darker.
DGH looks absolutely HAPPY! (Hope he won't throw anything at me for saying that! :teeth: )

I'll try to finish the next installment tonight...
Hey! what happened to my favorite spinning flower smilie??? :goodvibes

You are only pretending to be Grumpy - you wouldn't be reading my reports otherwise, because they are intended to make people HAPPY!!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I DO remember you... I thought you had forgotten US! :rotfl:

So keep reading - there are 5 more sections to my report!!

:flower: :flower: :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter