• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Partial Hookup Fit?

splshmtnlvr

Earning My Ears
I just got my confirmation on our reservation for a partial hookup site. We made this reservation through the disney website and we had to include our size of camper, a 31ft Class C Motorhome. Well, now the confirmation says that the partial will accomodate tents, pop-ups, and truck campers! They charged my credit card already, and I know they have no full hookups available, will my camper fit in this site? We've never been there so I have no idea how big the sites are. I would hate to get there and not be able to fit in our site! Any help would be appreciated!
Debbie

with a 31 foot motorhome it would be a tight fit, and possible not at all in some partial sites, keep trying to get a full hook up site, call in the AM, you may get lucky and get one

I have always used the website to book DH and my stays at one of the resorts. My folks want to go Feb 11-15, so I offered to book through the website since they don't have a computer. I did the same thing... put in that it is a 32ft motorhome. Came back booked, and they charged the credit card. My Dad wanted to add an extra night, so when he called they also said it was only a partial hook up and that they were full for motor homes. In Feb.? They can't be that crowded! Now my folks are scrambling to change the dates. Any advice? Other than calling and waiting on hold for 20 minutes each time to find they are still booked? I am so embarrassed that this didn't work out right! Help!

This happened to me as well. When I called to add an extra night, I was first told that I did not have a site reserved since they had given me a partial hookup site and we have a travel trailer. The CM told me that I could NOT stay on a partial site with a self contained trailer. She was no help in rectifying the situation so I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me that since it was their fault that there was a mix up they would have someone call me back to discuss the situation. 30 minutes later I was called and given a new confirmation number and a full hook up site. My advice would be to speak to someone in a position of authority and see what they can do for you. Good luck!

I told my father to just keep calling and ask for a supervisor. It is unfair for them to issue a confirmation with the correct size of the motorhome, charge your credit card (including Resort Magic program), and then say they are only partial hook ups and they are full. They need to correct their website, or not take reservations on the web for the campground. Sure hopes this works out for them. I'll keep you all posted!

There are three site types at FT Wilderness

Preferred- These sites have water, sewer, electric and cable. They are in the loops at the back of the campground closest to the marina and Pioneer Hall. Loops 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1400 & 700. No problem with any size class A or larger RV. Dont forget to mention a slide out and awning when making your reservations.

Full Hook up - These sites include water, electric and sewer. These sites are most of the loops in the campground and generally lie in the middle. They are the loops surrounding the Meadow Trading Post. Again will easily accommodate large RVs. Let CRO know about slide outs or awning.

Partial Hook ups - The sites have water & electric. They are in loops 1500 & 2000. Generally FW does not like to put RVs in these loops because they are ment for pop up & tent camping. The sites are smaller and they do not like to inconvenience the tenters with generator noise.

Something else to keep in mind there is not a dump station at Ft Wilderness.
www.disneyzone.actusa.net Great overview of the campground including maps and pictures.

I told my father what you suggested about contacting a supervisor, and it worked! At least, they have three out of the four nights they need confirmed in a large motorhome slip. These boards are wonderful! I've always made our ressies on the web, and never had to call CRO. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter